The Student Room Group

~Gingerbread's road to Law~

Scroll to see replies

Original post by doctorwhofan98
Does the tree die if you lock your phone? It seems like it'd be really useful but I don't want to have to leave my screen on for the whole time period

Nope, you can lock your phone :smile:
Original post by Student403
Hey @ombtom it's forest!

I like Forest and quizlet :yep:

My two favourite revision apps. :biggrin:
Original post by ombtom
My two favourite revision apps. :biggrin:

Welcome to the revision app crew :lol:
Original post by Gingerbread101
Nope, you can lock your phone :smile:

Great! I just bought it - and became very sad after a poor tree died during testing - so hopefully it'll motivate me tomorrow. Thanks for all the app recommendations, and the daily life planner is also really useful!
Original post by doctorwhofan98
Great! I just bought it - and became very sad after a poor tree died during testing - so hopefully it'll motivate me tomorrow. Thanks for all the app recommendations, and the daily life planner is also really useful!

Oooh, I'm glad this encouraged you to get it :biggrin: I hope it works for you :yes:

Omg I've been wondering what the tree app thing was for so long after seeing someone use it last year, thank you so much!! :biggrin: :woo:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Omg I've been wondering what the tree app thing was for so long after seeing someone use it last year, thank you so much!! :biggrin: :woo:

Glad I solved the mystery for you :lol:
I'll try the last two, not sure if a tree will stop me from procrastinating, but we'll see :tongue:
@homeland.lsw you seem to have your PMs and VMs disabled, but I can help you with your History question here :lol: if it's specific to OCR though, I won't be able to shine too much light on it because I did AQA :redface:
@homeland.lsw you seem to have your PMs and VMs disabled, but I can help you with your History question here :lol: if it's specific to OCR though, I won't be able to shine too much light on it because I did AQA :redface:

Oh thanks, but it's ok! Any questions have now been answered :wink:
I promise I'll ask you next time...!
Original post by homeland.lsw
Oh thanks, but it's ok! Any questions have now been answered :wink:
I promise I'll ask you next time...!

I'm glad it's been sorted :yes:
I'm glad it's been sorted :yes:

I'm sure you are :giggle:
Update 10/04/2016

Back to school tomorrow!! Over Easter I've not managed to do as much as the optimist in me would have wanted - I was aiming for around 30-40 hours but I've only done around 25. I've focused mainly on American History and Literature, which I think was definitely the right choice as there isn't as much to learn for Language. However, I think I should have spent more time doing Russian History for my resit, as that exam is coming first. I could have done some General Studies revision, but that would have been a bit of a waste of time.

On Friday I didn't do any revision because I was at my boyfriend's house, and I was in town shopping for a lot of Saturday, but I did do a few hours of Literature revision in the evening.

Today:
- I've done around 3 hours of History revision on Native Americans, and I've covered the basics of 90% of that topic, I just need to reinforce it
- Later tonight I'm also planning on doing some essay plans for History

The Infamous Post It Note Wall
20160410_172241.jpg

Welcome to my humble abode - this year I'm keeping my post it notes on my wardrobe doors, although as I had 200+ last year, I imagine they will creep onto other walls too.

On the far left are the post it notes on Native Americans - I did all of these today. There are 3 factors (social, political and economic) and time periods, so that's why they're laid out like that. The three at the bottom are notes waiting to be converted.

Next is exactly the same thing, but for Workers. I did these last week and pretty much know them off by heart now.

On the white column are all of the AO2 factors I need to remember to include for English Language (the Language Change half)

The next door along are my quotes to remember for Literature. This is where the painted quotes I showed you a while ago go too. I have a lot of quotes (31 ish) that I know and are on flashcards that I still need to convert onto post it notes.

The last door is my English Language door, which is under-developed due to how little attention I've given it. These post it notes have key terms and factors on for just Language change at the minute, but I'll be adding Child Language Acquisition soon too.

Do you use your walls for revision/school?

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

(edited 8 years ago)

Your wall is so pretty. :eek3: I'd never be able to do something like that, I feel so inadequate right now. :lol:

Your updates are more frequent nowadays! Loving it. :biggrin:
Original post by Zacken
Your wall is so pretty. :eek3: I'd never be able to do something like that, I feel so inadequate right now. :lol:

Haha thanks :lol: My wall last year was amazing, I used a different wall that didn't have anything on at the time (it now has lots of photo frames on) and it was literally covered :eek:

I started off doing them every 1-3 days, then I had like a 10 day break (:eek2:) but now I'm back into the swing of things again :yep:
@Gingerbread101 I feel so out of place amongst you guys and such...but can I ask you a history related question? :redface:
@Gingerbread101 I feel so out of place amongst you guys and such...but can I ask you a history related question? :redface:

Don't feel out of place, feel at home in my stationery land :giggle:

Go for it, fire away :biggrin:
Don't feel out of place, feel at home in my stationery land :giggle:

Go for it, fire away :biggrin:

Hmmm, well I was wondering whether you did anything to do with Britain in history, specifically propaganda during WW1?
Hmmm, well I was wondering whether you did anything to do with Britain in history, specifically propaganda during WW1?

I mainly did the War in the Air for WW1, but I have a reasonably good general knowledge and awareness of the propaganda too :yes:
Original post by Zacken

I actually love staring at her pictures ._. I think that's quite sad of me but oh well :laugh:

They are so nice to look at

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending