The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
for paper 1 Q22a)ii) if you didnt put (x-1)^2 and just left as (x-1)(x-1)(2x+5) would you loose a mark?
think i might of got around 105/130 im not sure...*crosses fingers*

paper 2's last few questions ughhhhhhhhh ==
iscool
please can i has paper 1 section b answers. im depending on getting a good mark for these to get a B.....otherwise its boring geography at uni for me....:frown:....im just gonna go cry in a corner now

iscool
is 16. really C??? YUSSSS! please be C

Confirmed Answers:Paper 1, Section A

a

c

d

a

b

d

c

b

c

b

d

a

b

c

c

a

b

b

c

a

Reply 303
for paper 1 Q22a)ii) if you didnt put (x-1)^2 and just left as (x-1)(x-1)(2x+5) would you loose a mark?
This may be a extremely stupid and desperate question, but if you use the right strategy for a question but didn't use the write numbers or anything like that but realised the question was asking you about, for example, integration, would you get at least a mark or two.
I found this years paper 2 harder than last year so I hope the grad boundary goes to 70% or stays static
answers to papaer 1 section B?
Livesindreams
This may be a extremely stupid and desperate question, but if you use the right strategy for a question but didn't use the write numbers or anything like that but realised the question was asking you about, for example, integration, would you get at least a mark or two.

You get marks for knowing what to do so as long as you communicate with the marker you should get some credit
Reply 308
Hi everybody.today evrydy had Higher maths paper,n hope so all did well.I wana ask that paper 2 woz so solid.i couldn get sm question.As it woz so difficult would the examiner put down the %age for A.I mean at wat % would be A now?
garlicbreadman
You get marks for knowing what to do so as long as you communicate with the marker you should get some credit

Okay well for a lot of questions I knew you were to differentiate and to integrate and to sub it into the equation and such.
So, anyone else have any idea from teachers regarding possible A boundary?
Reply 311
garlicbreadman
So, anyone else have any idea from teachers regarding possible A boundary?

I reckon the boundary will remain at around 71.5 per cent like last year. I can't see them increasing it's not fair :frown:
Reply 312
only got about 66% becaasue of stupid mistakes in paper 1 (got 11/20 for multiple choice ffs when im getting at least 17 in every past paper).

COMPLETE waste of a year i might not even get a B, got 86% in paper 2 though and that was apparently harder according to friends
Reply 313
garlicbreadman
I got 65/70 in paper 1, and about 34 in paper 2, so about 75% as well

Your sorta sitting at 76.1%, im at 74.8% round about, should get rounded up to 75% :tongue:

I might get more, it just depends how strict the sqa are with errors carried :/

I got 54 Paper 1 (Multi choice was baaaddd, 28/40 :/ ) and 43/60 P2

eeeekkkkkk, i hope we get A's :smile:
LuhLah (OP), please place this on the original post.

View 2010 Higher Maths Paper 2
matthew93
Ahhh! Like everyone is saying, Paper 1 was easy, and Paper 2 was impossible!

I think i'll still scrape an A, i know for definite than Question 6 in Paper 2 (Integration) gave an overall answer of 9/2 for the co-ord AND the area.
Plus Q7b) in P2 was 3^8, which is 6561.

Our whole room was writing the multi-choice answers on scrap-paper, then got told after 10 minutes we have to write the working in the booklet! So we got about 5 minutes extra time to copy our answers over!

Overall - meh

Wait - what?

I thought you put your answers on the objective sheet?

Did you actually have to write working in the booklet? What if you didn't do any? :confused:
Bainyyyy
Your sorta sitting at 76.1%, im at 74.8% round about, should get rounded up to 75% :tongue:

I might get more, it just depends how strict the sqa are with errors carried :/

I got 54 Paper 1 (Multi choice was baaaddd, 28/40 :/ ) and 43/60 P2

eeeekkkkkk, i hope we get A's :smile:

I didn't have enough time to do the area intergration Q6 properly :frown: They really should give more time for paper 2 and less for paper 1
I think I have between 100-107 so I hope my working was alright...
Reply 318
I think Ive got 102/130 which is 78.5 percent...I hope the boundaries are low...
Same, I really don't think they will put the grade boundary at 101/130 this year seeing as 2005-2008 was much easier.
It has mostly been 101/130 for an A but last year it dropped to 93/130

What did everyone think of paper 2 this year in comparison to paper 1?
I thought paper 2 was harder compared to last year's paper 2. Who agrees?

Latest

Trending

Trending