The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL Postgraduate Applicants/Offer Holders 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi, do they interview for the MSc International Management?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 301
Hello! MSc Radiopharmaceutics and PET Radiochemistry incoming student here. Applied last week of March and got my offer mid-May.
Hey guys, just wondering if anybody knows whether or not the admissions team are currently on holiday? I sent in a query last week and I still haven't received a response, thought I'd ask here before calling them; many thanks!
Sure thing is they're not very much organized with this messaging thing. They would write every day to get the references but when you try contacting them for a query... tomb silence.
Deadline for the application was March 30th and so far nothing. A couple of weeks ago when I asked if they had received both references they told me yes and that they would be calling for an interview... since then nothing. I sent a message two days ago to know when they were going to do that since I'm about to graduate and still have exams to pass and I'm not at home much, but nothing, zero...I know they say they'll answer in 5 working days but...

Anyway, it's for a MSc in Forensic Science...if anyone else is doing it, let me know.
Original post by Julia.89
Sure thing is they're not very much organized with this messaging thing. They would write every day to get the references but when you try contacting them for a query... tomb silence.
Deadline for the application was March 30th and so far nothing. A couple of weeks ago when I asked if they had received both references they told me yes and that they would be calling for an interview... since then nothing. I sent a message two days ago to know when they were going to do that since I'm about to graduate and still have exams to pass and I'm not at home much, but nothing, zero...I know they say they'll answer in 5 working days but...

Anyway, it's for a MSc in Forensic Science...if anyone else is doing it, let me know.

Not doing this particular Masters but still, I'd suggest you to call them if they haven't contacted you yet, I've been lucky a couple of times over the telephone and have spoken to some super friendly people there so hopefully this will help you :smile:
Original post by stykutluvaaron
Hey there! I applied for International management around the end of feb and received an offer around a week ago, so i know it's a pain to have to wait for so long for a decision. My condition is a cgpa of 3.3 :biggrin:

Hi, do they do any interview process?
Original post by pippit
Not doing this particular Masters but still, I'd suggest you to call them if they haven't contacted you yet, I've been lucky a couple of times over the telephone and have spoken to some super friendly people there so hopefully this will help you :smile:

Well, they answered with date and time :smile: now I'm scared because there will be questions about scientific and technical matters and about my ?research project? I don'tunderstand if it's the project i'm doing right now in my school as a thesis or the one i should be doing there... If the latter i have no idea about any project i'd want to do there xD great!
Postgraduate accomodation is open. Has anyone applied? The halls that I want aren't listed so I've put Lillian Penson as my first choice, sigh.
Reply 308
What about International Hall? Closer to Strand!
Original post by wdz
What about International Hall? Closer to Strand!

It's listed? I didn't see it in the drop down menu.
Reply 310
I did see it on the UoL page that is linked to the main KCL website. Haven't begun my application as yet, though. Starting in a bit. Will keep you updated. What were your other preferences?
Nutford House, Great Dover Street, Iris Brook and Orchard Lisle.
Original post by Julia.89
Well, they answered with date and time :smile: now I'm scared because there will be questions about scientific and technical matters and about my ?research project? I don'tunderstand if it's the project i'm doing right now in my school as a thesis or the one i should be doing there... If the latter i have no idea about any project i'd want to do there xD great!

Good luck! :smile: It's always better to get it clarified if you're unsure, but make sure it's because you really are unsure- and that its not the nerves making you unsure.
Hey, I applied and in the first options they weren't present in the drop down menus (International, College hall or Nutford) but as I got to my 4th and 5th choices they were present in those drop down menus. I selected them there and rearranged the order of preference.

First choice is Lillian Penson :smile: Hopefully we all get our first choices
Reply 314
Original post by Christina92
Hey, I applied and in the first options they weren't present in the drop down menus (International, College hall or Nutford) but as I got to my 4th and 5th choices they were present in those drop down menus. I selected them there and rearranged the order of preference.

Wow, a lot of people are picking Lillian Penson as their first option. What were your reasons? I'm leaning towards International Hall because of how close it is to Strand.
Original post by wdz
Wow, a lot of people are picking Lillian Penson as their first option. What were your reasons? I'm leaning towards International Hall because of how close it is to Strand.

Well, i put it as first because it is en suite (it's very important for me), the fact that it's 3 minute walk from the station and since I'm coming from Cyprus, I haven't ever explored London; Paddington is the only area I've visited really :smile: What are you thinking of?
Reply 316
Well, i put it as first because it is en suite (it's very important for me), the fact that it's 3 minute walk from the station and since I'm coming from Cyprus, I haven't ever explored London; Paddington is the only area I've visited really :smile: What are you thinking of?

The only thing I've been looking at with blinders is the distance from Strand (as is probably evident by now) vis-a-vis affordability. I realised I'd probably starve in a self-catered residence which is why I'm now only looking at the UoL halls! :biggrin:

This will be my first time in London -- so I'm not particularly keen on one area over the other because frankly, I do not know better.

Will turn in my application at the end of the day. Will take time to reconsider Lillian Penson. Thanks! :smile:
Original post by wdz
The only thing I've been looking at with blinders is the distance from Strand (as is probably evident by now) vis-a-vis affordability. I realised I'd probably starve in a self-catered residence which is why I'm now only looking at the UoL halls! :biggrin:

This will be my first time in London -- so I'm not particularly keen on one area over the other because frankly, I do not know better.

Will turn in my application at the end of the day. Will take time to reconsider Lillian Penson. Thanks! :smile:

No problem! Good luck with your application :biggrin:

Hey, I just logged in and changed my preferences. Thanks for the alert! I think I was running into problems because I applied early in the morning.
Original post by Piano_Player
Hey, I just logged in and changed my preferences. Thanks for the alert! I think I was running into problems because I applied early in the morning.

Oh awesome :biggrin: hope you get the one you want. What were your choices?

Quick Reply

Latest