AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It asked for a statistical test so I don't think it could be ELISA test
    Apparently its Student T Test as it compares means of two samples

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    That was the first question, I'm talking about the next one?
    Not too sure tbh.

Can someone answer this ?

Did it say that B secretase also increased where the question said that the mutation led to A secretase decreased? You know on the last side of the paper. I wrote the mutation causes different base sequence which codes for different amino acid sequence which leads to different primary structure so more B secretase is made instead of A protein so more B protein so more plaques in brain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaaabbbbddulll)
    for statistical test i put spearmans rank coreelation coeffiecent is that right?
    na, it was students T test because it allows you to compare the two averages

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggFriedRai)
    ribose and deoxyribose
    uracil not thymime
    short single strand not double helix
    Would introns in dna and not rna be right? And unpaired bases in mrna and paired in dna?

ReputationRep:
    A statistical test is anything that can find a significant difference between two values, so I would think any statistical test like Chi-squared or sign test etc would be acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    what about question on atp

ReputationRep:
    How many marks was that statistics test

ReputationRep:
    We weren't taught specifically about ATP and how it's recreated chemically but we we're taught that it is resynthesised in the mitochondria with the addition of a phosphate group.

ReputationRep:
    Metabolic processes and active transport

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingAuthor)
    A statistical test is anything that can find a significant difference between two values, so I would think any statistical test like Chi-squared or sign test etc would be acceptable.
    If standard deviation bars overlap it shows that the difference is no significant

ReputationRep:
    For the very first question about replication what did u write

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JTawn)
    If standard deviation bars overlap it shows that the difference is no significant
    However it isn't a test in and of itself. Chi-squared, student T test and correlation coefficients derive from measures such as standard deviation but give an independent numeric value that can be compared to other datasets.

EDIT: spelling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JTawn)
    Hmm true, but the question asked for a statistical test and standard deviation isn't a statistical test.

We were also told the specification mentioned having an idea about the sign test and it may be tested on at AS other than any other statistical test like chi-squared. I put faith in that.

Standard deviation might also be right though! Personally, I don't see it as correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lola1244)
    lets try and make a list of all questions-
    first one about HIV , replication
    second
    third
    fouth
    fifth
    sixth
    seventh
    eights- cancer cells
    ninth- dementia one

lol help needed?
    5, 6, 7 enzymes hah,
    There was that sucrose maltose plant growth somewhere in there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azza_Gold)
    I calculated the magnification to be 2100x, as the length was 8.4mm (8.4x10^-3m) and the actual length was 4um which is 4x10^-6m.
    It was 84mm, not 8.4mm, which is less than a cm lol. You could say 8.4cm but then it would be 8.4 x 10^-2m.

So 48 x 10^-3m / 4 x 10^-6m = 21,000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingAuthor)
    Hmm true, but the question asked for a statistical test and standard deviation isn't a statistical test.

We were also told the specification mentioned having an idea about the sign test and it may be tested on at AS other than any other statistical test like chi-squared. I put faith in that.

Standard deviation might also be right though! Personally, I don't see it as correct.
    Would introns in dna but not mrna be right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epitype)
    RNA has Uracil
    RNA has Ribose Sugar
    RNA is single stranded
    Could you say DNA has histone proteins and RNA doesn't?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone made an unofficial mark scheme yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    yeah last years even though grade boundaries were a bit low was 68% to get an A so probly bout 70-75%
    why would it be higher this year when the paper was a lot harder in my opinion
    i did last years paper as a mock and found it 10x easier

ReputationRep:
    hey for one of the differences between rna and dna I said that rna was shorter, do you think I'll get the mark?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.