Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTeresaLover)
    Sooo inspiring!! Good luck with other exams!!!
    Thanks v much! Good luck to you too <3

(Original post by Thomith)
    You're right , i'm not going to give up , i am taking today off to get in a better frame of mind so i can revise HARD tomorrow. Let's Kick C2's (and all our other exams) butt!
    Perfect.- Great to hear.

That sounds like a good idea + definitely!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Thanks v much! Good luck to you too <3

Perfect.- Great to hear.

That sounds like a good idea + definitely!
    Anon how many marks do you think you got for C1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KINGYusuf)
    Anon how many marks do you think you got for C1?
    LEMONS R NICE. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Quickly went over those flashcards, that'll be enough for today. I hope those who did C1 today aren't that distraught from it I don't know how bad it was, but the best thing is to focus on your next exams try your hardest for them. I believe in youuuuu!!! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I only managed to study introspection and the scientific method but I guess that's something at least? :colondollar:

ReputationRep:
    ugh. Yeah after the C1 my motivation is gone. I'm going to count my losses and start work again tomorrow. ill plan out what i'm going to do later. Damn it.

EDIT: Tomorrows Plan
    8:00-10:00 C2 June 2013 (Q6-Q10) & June 2014
    10:15-11:30 Biology Unit 5 June 2011
    11:45-1:15 F332 (Chemistry Unit 2) June 2011
    1:30-2:45 S1 June 2012
    3:00-4:45 Biology Unit 2 Jan 2012
    5:00-6:00 Biology Unit 5 Topic 2 memorizing
    6:15-7:30 F335 (Chemistry Unit 5 calculation & its applications memorizing)
    Might start a little early again, say 730-745 or so but i'm feeling better today and ready to revise

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning to do:
    9:30-11:30 Geography, coasts
    12:30-1:30 Biology, classification and evolution
    1:45-4:00 S1
    5:30-6:30 Geography, inequality
    7:00-8:00 Psychology,classical and operant conditioning
    8:15-10:15 General geography revision
    10:30-11:30 S1 past paper

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling better today too.

Going to begin by reading over the notes I've made then I'll do a C2 paper once I've finished.

ReputationRep:
    I ran over a bit with C2, because there was a surface area/volume prove question in June 2014 that i was too stubborn to give up on, because im almost positive there'll be a nasty one in our paper this year.
    I'm also marking maths alot more harshly now, overly harshly, so if i dont get the correct answer im marking the entire part as 0 marks, just to improve my efficiency.
    June 2013 didn't go amazingly (51/75) but June 2014 went alot better (67/75), thinking that was because i started June 2013 when i was still demoralized about C1.

Oh well, ran over so gunna get back to it, gunna do Biology Unit 5 June 2011 now.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm retaking F332 too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm retaking F332 too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not sure what i'm more surprised about, someone actually on the same board as me for chemistry or someone retaking F332 xD.
    What do you think about the article? i personally kinda hate it because it's mainly on radicals so i'm not quite sure what to prepare for it (other than radicals and their reactions, maybe some mechanisms?)

Yeah, i started the biology unit 5 paper and realised that i don't know enough to do one. So i'm going to change my plans a little

From now until 12:30
    Memorizing Biology Unit 5 stuff (hopefully to the end of Topic 2 at least)
    12:45-2:15 - F332 June 2011
    2:30-4 - S1 January 2012
    4:15-5:45 - Biology Unit 2 January 2012
    then we'll see.

ReputationRep:
    I read over my notes and made one poster with all the formulae which in total took me about 40 mins but I couldn't do anything else. Going to school now, hopefully I'll be able to complete a past paper when I return.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what i'm more surprised about, someone actually on the same board as me for chemistry or someone retaking F332 xD.
    What do you think about the article? i personally kinda hate it because it's mainly on radicals so i'm not quite sure what to prepare for it (other than radicals and their reactions, maybe some mechanisms?)

Yeah, i started the biology unit 5 paper and realised that i don't know enough to do one. So i'm going to change my plans a little

From now until 12:30
    Memorizing Biology Unit 5 stuff (hopefully to the end of Topic 2 at least)
    12:45-2:15 - F332 June 2011
    2:30-4 - S1 January 2012
    4:15-5:45 - Biology Unit 2 January 2012
    then we'll see.
    Didn't get through Topic 2, however did mostly memorize all of Topic 1, and made concise notes on about 3/4 of Topic 2.
    Got This left;
    Effect of long-term exercise on Ventillation Rate
    Homeostasis
    Effects of Too Much/Too Little Exercise
    Surgery and Prostheses
    Performance Enhancing Drugs.

Going to start of the F332, S1 and Bio 2 papers now.

Not sure if i'll be able to complete Topic 2 Notes today, because i probably should go through the Chemistry Calculations because i've been meaning to do that for almost a week.
    Topic 2 is by far the longest topic (Topic 3 being close) But after that Topic 4 and Topic 5 are quite short, so i'm hoping to have all Unit 5 concise notes done and memorized before half term hopefully, if not then a few days into it.

ReputationRep:
    Revised bio from 9.30am-12. Lost concentration. Now in Costa. Hopefully the caffeine will help me this afternoon/evening. :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did the F332 paper and got 66/80, then did an S1 paper... got 59/75 which isn't horrible... but there are large holes in my knowledge on probability and histograms.
    Going to go through my mistakes with some model answers, then do the biology unit 2 January 2012 and then decide what to do.
    Will probably do some F335 calculation practice, then go through some S1 probabilities and Histograms.

ReputationRep:
    Did the F332 paper and got 66/80, then did an S1 paper... got 59/75 which isn't horrible... but there are large holes in my knowledge on probability and histograms.
    Going to go through my mistakes with some model answers, then do the biology unit 2 January 2012 and then decide what to do.
    Will probably do some F335 calculation practice, then go through some S1 probabilities and Histograms.
    Hey, how are you revising for F332? Learning it all again or straight to past papers?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, how are you revising for F332? Learning it all again or straight to past papers?
    Earlier this year (like January/February) I went over all the material and re-made revision notes for it, then memorized all of them last month and started doing papers.
    It doesn't take that long to re-memorize everything as alot of it comes up again in A2, so spend a few days just memorizing all the topics, then start doing papers ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    Did Biology Unit 2 and got 65/80 (not too bad but some silly mistakes due to not reading the question properly)
    been a little distracted today, but still got 4 (and a half??) papers done so i'm happy.
    Going to have some Dinner and take a bit of a break then THE PLANNERINO IS:
    7-8 - F335 Chemistry Calculation and Its Application memorizing, and doing some calculation exam questions.
    8:15-9:15 S1 - Going through some Probability stuff (memorizing the Probability rules and maybe a few of the questions by topic things) and if i have time some Histograms.

ReputationRep:
    The theme in school today is "I'm so done" XD. I'm finally gonna start going over my psychology studies, I think I'll start with the forensic ones.

P.S.: I'm a light-green gemmer now! Thanks for the reps guys! :awesome: :jive:

ReputationRep:
    Did Biology Unit 2 and got 65/80 (not too bad but some silly mistakes due to not reading the question properly)
    been a little distracted today, but still got 4 (and a half??) papers done so i'm happy.
    Going to have some Dinner and take a bit of a break then THE PLANNERINO IS:
    7-8 - F335 Chemistry Calculation and Its Application memorizing, and doing some calculation exam questions.
    8:15-9:15 S1 - Going through some Probability stuff (memorizing the Probability rules and maybe a few of the questions by topic things) and if i have time some Histograms.
    Hey hows F334 and F335 revision going?

Tbh I haven't even started papers yet...I haven't even finished my notes yet LOL

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.