The Student Room Group

Newcastle Medical School 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joanne86
I haven't done any studying since I finished uni 8 years ago. I've tried to do some stuff in work that I was hoping would be suitable for Newcastle, but the person sorting it has never done it and I now have nothing to show. So because I graduated too long ago and done nothing since, they won't offer me an interview because it's their criteria. Argh! :frown: oh well, I know for next time! Just crossing everything that Warwick don't have a really high VR cut off otherwise that's it for me for this year and I'll have to try again next year :frown:

I had the same email as you, contacted them and they said that any course that is assessed is suitable. I signed up for an open uni short course and they said it was acceptable so don't give up hope yet! You just need to send them proof of enrolment...
I haven't done any studying since I finished uni 8 years ago. I've tried to do some stuff in work that I was hoping would be suitable for Newcastle, but the person sorting it has never done it and I now have nothing to show. So because I graduated too long ago and done nothing since, they won't offer me an interview because it's their criteria. Argh! :frown: oh well, I know for next time! Just crossing everything that Warwick don't have a really high VR cut off otherwise that's it for me for this year and I'll have to try again next year :frown:

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that :frown: Where else have you applied besides Warwick? Fingers crossed for those!
So....interviews started going out on the 10th last year; what are people's bets for this year? 😬
Original post by Member1995
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that :frown: Where else have you applied besides Warwick? Fingers crossed for those!

I've applied to Barts and Kings as well. No chance I'll get in either of them so fingers extra crossed for Warwick! :smile:
I've applied to Barts and Kings as well. No chance I'll get in either of them so fingers extra crossed for Warwick! :smile:

Why not? I've applied to Barts also. What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?
Ok guys; just went and had a quick chat with the lovely gals in the office.

Essentially, some very special people forgot to go and put their uni details into the UKCAT system so instead of just rejecting those people, newcastle is being nice and trying to chase them up for their UKCAT scores. So until they've got those they can't set final cut offs and send out interviews. 😩😩

However they did say that they'll have to send them out in about two weeks regardless so people have ample notice before the first week of MMIs on December 12th.

TLDR; interviews out asap; two weeks at the latest
Original post by greenfeather

Essentially, some very special people forgot to go and put their uni details into the UKCAT system so instead of just rejecting those people, newcastle is being nice and trying to chase them up for their UKCAT scores. So until they've got those they can't set final cut offs and send out interviews. 😩😩

However they did say that they'll have to send them out in about two weeks regardless so people have ample notice before the first week of MMIs on December 12th.

Thank you - so kind of you to check for us
Original post by greenfeather

Thank you!!!
Original post by linaaa1123
Thanks for checking, but it's a bit rude of you to say that these people deserve to be rejected. I was one of those "special people" and the reason as to why I was late is because of some very personal circumstances. So before you say that people like me deserve to be rejected, I really feel like you should be more considerate of other people's situations.
Thanks a lot.

I'm not defending them, but, they never explicitly said that these people deserved to be rejected :h:
That said, I do understand the exasperation (I just want to hear back! :lol:)

Good luck for your application, and I hope your circumstances have improved :h: !
Original post by Gogregg
I'm not defending them, but, they never explicitly said that these people deserved to be rejected :h:
That said, I do understand the exasperation (I just want to hear back! :lol:)

Good luck for your application, and I hope your circumstances have improved :h: !

i'm sorry aswell mate! Good luck xx and thanks-
they never said these people deserve to be rejected -.-
I can't actually find your original post linaaa1123 so I'll reply here

I did not say that you deserve to be rejected, that being said I would understand if newcastle did blanket reject all those who did not input them. There was ten days between the last test date and the UCAS deadline, and then a further 6 days between the UCAS deadline and the pearson deadline to input your details.

I fully understand personal circumstances, having suffered from some personally in the past. Those personal circumstances are actually what prevented me from going to medical school when I got an offer. I do not know your situation; you may have been considerate and let the universities know of your issues so that they can take the appropriate steps in which case, kudos to you, you have done the right thing and no you shouldn't be rejected as there was a situation out of your control.

However, it is the individuals that did not input their details and are also now requiring the universities to chase them up about them that I do think are out of order. It is not the unis job to run after candidates who are complicating an already mammoth task, and I would understand it they were rejected due to their actions.

I hope your circumstances improve and do not impact any of the rest of your application. Best of luck x
deleted my post because it really wasn't professional of me at all. Really sorry for the inconvenience and good luck to you!!!xxxx soooo soz xxx
Any predictions of the UKCAT cut off this year?
Im so nervous, interviews started being offered this time last year :s-smilie:
Original post by prahalad
Any predictions of the UKCAT cut off this year?

700?
Original post by linaaa1123
700?

Doubt it will be that high. Personally, I think it will be about 680+
Original post by Gogregg
Doubt it will be that high. Personally, I think it will be about 680+

me too...
anyone else get an email about fees?
Original post by manlike99
anyone else get an email about fees?

Not yet....are you an international/EU student or a home student?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending