The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midlander
Yeah my heart goes out to you, not like you won't have more trips to Wembley coming up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Be content with your FA Cup some teams have not even won that
Yeah my heart goes out to you, not like you won't have more trips to Wembley coming up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You must be the most negative member on here.
Original post by DarrenBCFC
Be content with your FA Cup some teams have not even won that

I would rather trade places with the likes of Bournemouth who have never won it.
Original post by Mackay
You must be the most negative member on here.

I support the worst club, that can hardly be a surprise. If we're challenging at the right end of the table next season then obviously I will be perked up. Most City fans are the same in this respect.
I support the worst club, that can hardly be a surprise. If we're challenging at the right end of the table next season then obviously I will be perked up. Most City fans are the same in this respect.

Keep Mowbray and you'll be much better next season.
Blackpool are the worst club to support in the FL right now.
Original post by Mackay
Keep Mowbray and you'll be much better next season.

He has declared that he will stay if the club agrees to put in place the infrastructure he wants. If they don't he reckons the club has no chance of succeeding, so if he does walk it will speak for itself.

Also on negativity-I don't show it when there is something to cheer about, my optimism on the Bears in the cricket thread should show that.
Every team's crowds go up when they're doing well, we are not unique in that regard. What I will say is that we have had no top 6 finish since 1970 and no trip to Wembley since 1987. We have also only had two top half finishes in the Football League and the last one in the top flight was I suspect before 1990. Factoring that in I don't think it's fair to slam the crowds when clubs like Leicester, Blues, WBA, Wolves etc have promotion seasons to boost the numbers.

The idea of a Cov fan being fair weather suggests there has been fair weather times in our recent history. There hasn't.

The seasons I quoted for leicester were when we were looking miles off any sort of top half championship side: no promotion or hint of promotion - where we were sacking in late March and hoping for the dead cat bounce to finish 21st, 6 permanent managers in 3 years and utter bobbins on the pitch - those better leicester crowds aren't from having good seasons. The simple thing is that your attendances have always been poor, nothing to do with how much money the owners are prepared to put in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
The seasons I quoted for leicester were when we were looking miles off any sort of top half championship side: no promotion or hint of promotion - where we were sacking in late March and hoping for the dead cat bounce to finish 21st, 6 permanent managers in 3 years and utter bobbins on the pitch - those better leicester crowds aren't from having good seasons. The simple thing is that your attendances have always been poor, nothing to do with how much money the owners are prepared to put in.
Posted from TSR Mobile

You have not been getting promoted every season but my guess would be that crowds get bumped up in promotion seasons or in ones with general levels of success. I can guarantee you if SISU put in £20m and the club romped to the title that the crowds would surge. Fans' loyalty can only go so far and when you achieve nothing year on year over a period of decades then it will only have one result.

Most of our time in the top flight was spent in the bottom half and with the isolated example of the FA Cup success fans had little to cheer about, and our time in the FL has been even worse.
Original post by TornadoGR4
Blackpool are the worst club to support in the FL right now.

Both Blues and Leeds have by far worse owners
Both Blues and Leeds have by far worse owners

Have any of them voluntarily relocated the club?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have any of them voluntarily relocated the club?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We have had far far worse owners then you will ever have

Locked in a prison cell 6000 miles away
transferring money out of the club to keep his personal businesses afloat
Have family on the BoD to ensure that no sale happens
Hiring LEE CLARK AS MANAGER
Id rather be relocated to many foreigners around somali heath
I'd take Cellino over the Oystons.
We have had far far worse owners then you will ever have

Locked in a prison cell 6000 miles away
transferring money out of the club to keep his personal businesses afloat
Have family on the BoD to ensure that no sale happens
Hiring LEE CLARK AS MANAGER

Yes you are right SISU are saints and for your Lee Clark I give you Stephen Pressley and Andy Thorn. They have as much control over the board as Yeung and as a hedge fund use the club as a dumping ground for their portfolio.

Oh and you are a league higher and you own your ground.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interesting read about the Pre-Leeds United team.

Makes you wonder how many other promising teams crumpled before they rose.

http://www.punditarena.com/football/english-football/cheffernan/the-rise-and-fall-of-leeds-city/
Where would Messi cloned 7 times & Lee Camp Cloned 4 times finish in the Championship?

Camp Messi FC
Big problem Coventry have is, down the road you got Villa, Birmingham and West Brom one side, then just the other Leicester and Nottingham Forest.
Original post by hskjlclcn
Where would Messi cloned 7 times & Lee Camp Cloned 4 times finish in the Championship?

Camp Messi FC

Probably around 10th if you have a Messi between the sticks.
Original post by Rock Fan
Big problem Coventry have is, down the road you got Villa, Birmingham and West Brom one side, then just the other Leicester and Nottingham Forest.

Hasn't proven a problem for Wasps, who have got great attendances since moving to the Ricoh despite credible other options (Leicester Tigers, Northampton Saints, Moseley, Birmingham & Solihull, Coventry RFC etc.)

Quick Reply

Latest