Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    After 9 years the old Football League thread has reached it's end, has been a great era and it had grown so much. But now here is a new era, for those who haven't seen this before this is a thread for talk about anything Football League and lower.

Here is a few of a regular fans and who they support, if you want to be added to the list drop me a message so I can add you to the list.

hskjlclcn, Dr DaMan, Jakesidhu - Wolves
    Midlander - Coventry
    DT - Bolton
    Jangrafess - Brentford
    Bun - York City
    CraigWM, billybo_h - Watford
    Scott129 - Derby County
    Stiff Little Fingers - Leicester City
    nixonsjellybeans - Sheffield Wednesday
    Mockery - Huddersfield Town
    Silver Arrows, TornadoGR4, The Wavefunction - Leeds United
    brocklehurst95, blue n white army - Blackburn Rovers
    redleader1 - Bradford City
    Loat - Yeovil
    alex_hk90 - MK Dons
    Danny1907 - Rochdale
    Cheese_Monster, MiniO - Oxford United
    EsomR - Reading
    barnetlad, PetrosAC - Barnet
    skotch - Torquay United
    Huskaris - Charlton
    redferry, Hooby, rstar345 - Birmingham City
    nighthiker - Colchester United
    blackrose96 - Nottingham Forest
    ra-ra-ra - Wrexham
    JohnTindale - Hartlepool
    joddcfc - Chesterfield
    LordPhylogeny - AFC Wimbledon
    gghjk - Luton Town
    Ferret1 - Stevenage
    THEALB10N - Brighton
    fluttershy - Norwich City
    Infan2a - Ipswich Town
    BethhPhill - Cardiff City
    Squidgyness - Middlesbrough
    Tony_LeaS - Dulwich Hamlet
    shotsboy123 - Aldershot
    Zezo - Leyton Orient
    abrack - Huddersfield Town
    azizadil - Fulham
    TitanCream - Leyton Orient

ReputationRep:
    In to the thread. Just to update any new additions to this page - Wolves fan & forever suffering!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'll just say although a Villa fan, I do love watching the Football League and the Non League, I seem to have a soft spot for the Yorkshire teams.

ReputationRep:
    Just getting myself subscribed into this thread

going to the bok on saturday to watch Bolton vs Cardiff in the cup. Hopefully redeem for last weeks shower of ****.

ReputationRep:
    In

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Subbed.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Rumours linking us with wayne hennessey - and Welsh or wolves fans care to give us a bit more about him?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    After 9 years the old Football League thread has reached it's end, has been a great era and it had grown so much. But now here is a new era, for those who haven't seen this before this is a thread for talk about anything Football League and lower.
    Does this mean the end of the Non-league thread? Not that it was hugely active before but i did used to post the odd thing now and again.

I made a spur of the moment away trip to Southport last night. Conceding after 4 minutes really made me question how mad I must have been to make this trip. I literally finished work at 5, jumped in the car, drove 90 odd miles and arrived there just after 7pm... but i couldn't fault our 87th minute winner which made it completely worthwhile.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    Does this mean the end of the Non-league thread? Not that it was hugely active before but i did used to post the odd thing now and again.

I made a spur of the moment away trip to Southport last night. Conceding after 4 minutes really made me question how mad I must have been to make this trip. I literally finished work at 5, jumped in the car, drove 90 odd miles and arrived there just after 7pm... but i couldn't fault our 87th minute winner which made it completely worthwhile.
    This was something I kinda wanted to bring up whether it was worth keeping the Non-League thread or just have one big thread with the Football League and Non League together, I just think personally that would make more sense as you correctly say the Non-League thread does get the odd post but it's not really active.

ReputationRep:
    Watford fan signing in, I guess. Going for a 7-0 victory against City this weekend.

ReputationRep:
    This was something I kinda wanted to bring up whether it was worth keeping the Non-League thread or just have one big thread with the Football League and Non League together, I just think personally that would make more sense as you correctly say the Non-League thread does get the odd post but it's not really active.

Yeah, this probably is the better option but with there being a lot more Football League fans i imagine some Non-League stuff might get ignored / not seen. Or maybe it'll do the opposite and get a few Football Leaguers adding their input about Non-League things? It would be nice to have a bit more Non-League input on this forum though.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    Yeah, this probably is the better option but with there being a lot more Football League fans i imagine some Non-League stuff might get ignored / not seen. Or maybe it'll do the opposite and get a few Football Leaguers adding their input about Non-League things? It would be nice to have a bit more Non-League input on this forum though.
    True that's the one danger that the Non League stuff would get lost in all this.

ReputationRep:
    Unlike the premiership fancy boys who refuse to acknowledge that an entire football set up exists below them I believe we can share with non-league its relevent and although in theory not actually in the league, it is within the english football set up.

EDIT: Just for the sake of doing so- I'm a Sheffield Wednesday fan unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Coventry City exile here. The crazy days of a club playing in its home city are well behind us and playing in a Northampton shed is the way forward.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Derby County fan checking in.

It says a lot that it took the previous thread 9 years to reach it's post limit, whereas a thread about a single club (such as Arsenal or United) would reach it in a fraction of that time.

I do wish there were more contributors though as I can only count about 8 clubs represented by regular posters

Brentford fan signing up.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Somehow I'd love to compose a list of which Football League team everyone supported.

ReputationRep:
    Somehow I'd love to compose a list of which Football League team everyone supported.
    There's not many of us which post regularly. Can't imagine it'd take ages.

ReputationRep:
    Huddersfield Town fan checking into the new thread

ReputationRep:
    Anybody ever crossed the line and supported their rival team instead?
    One of the siblings crossed it but came back within three years.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 25, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.