The Football League thread II Watch

Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
After 9 years the old Football League thread has reached it's end, has been a great era and it had grown so much. But now here is a new era, for those who haven't seen this before this is a thread for talk about anything Football League and lower.

Here is a few of a regular fans and who they support, if you want to be added to the list drop me a message so I can add you to the list.

hskjlclcn, Dr DaMan, Jakesidhu - Wolves
Midlander - Coventry
DT - Bolton
Jangrafess - Brentford
Bun - York City
CraigWM, billybo_h - Watford
Scott129 - Derby County
Stiff Little Fingers - Leicester City
nixonsjellybeans - Sheffield Wednesday
Mockery - Huddersfield Town
Silver Arrows, TornadoGR4, The Wavefunction - Leeds United
brocklehurst95, blue n white army - Blackburn Rovers
redleader1 - Bradford City
Loat - Yeovil
alex_hk90 - MK Dons
Danny1907 - Rochdale
Cheese_Monster, MiniO - Oxford United
EsomR - Reading
barnetlad, PetrosAC - Barnet
skotch - Torquay United
Huskaris - Charlton
redferry, Hooby, rstar345 - Birmingham City
nighthiker - Colchester United
blackrose96 - Nottingham Forest
ra-ra-ra - Wrexham
JohnTindale - Hartlepool
joddcfc - Chesterfield
LordPhylogeny - AFC Wimbledon
gghjk - Luton Town
Ferret1 - Stevenage
THEALB10N - Brighton
fluttershy - Norwich City
Infan2a - Ipswich Town
BethhPhill - Cardiff City
Squidgyness - Middlesbrough
Tony_LeaS - Dulwich Hamlet
shotsboy123 - Aldershot
Zezo - Leyton Orient
abrack - Huddersfield Town
azizadil - Fulham
TitanCream - Leyton Orient
hskjlclcn
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In to the thread. Just to update any new additions to this page - Wolves fan & forever suffering!
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
I'll just say although a Villa fan, I do love watching the Football League and the Non League, I seem to have a soft spot for the Yorkshire teams.
..DT..
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just getting myself subscribed into this thread

going to the bok on saturday to watch Bolton vs Cardiff in the cup. Hopefully redeem for last weeks shower of ****.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Rumours linking us with wayne hennessey - and Welsh or wolves fans care to give us a bit more about him?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ra-ra-ra
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
After 9 years the old Football League thread has reached it's end, has been a great era and it had grown so much. But now here is a new era, for those who haven't seen this before this is a thread for talk about anything Football League and lower.
Does this mean the end of the Non-league thread? Not that it was hugely active before but i did used to post the odd thing now and again.

I made a spur of the moment away trip to Southport last night. Conceding after 4 minutes really made me question how mad I must have been to make this trip. I literally finished work at 5, jumped in the car, drove 90 odd miles and arrived there just after 7pm... but i couldn't fault our 87th minute winner which made it completely worthwhile.
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
(Original post by ra-ra-ra)
Does this mean the end of the Non-league thread? Not that it was hugely active before but i did used to post the odd thing now and again.

I made a spur of the moment away trip to Southport last night. Conceding after 4 minutes really made me question how mad I must have been to make this trip. I literally finished work at 5, jumped in the car, drove 90 odd miles and arrived there just after 7pm... but i couldn't fault our 87th minute winner which made it completely worthwhile.
This was something I kinda wanted to bring up whether it was worth keeping the Non-League thread or just have one big thread with the Football League and Non League together, I just think personally that would make more sense as you correctly say the Non-League thread does get the odd post but it's not really active.
CraigWM
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Watford fan signing in, I guess. Going for a 7-0 victory against City this weekend.
ra-ra-ra
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This was something I kinda wanted to bring up whether it was worth keeping the Non-League thread or just have one big thread with the Football League and Non League together, I just think personally that would make more sense as you correctly say the Non-League thread does get the odd post but it's not really active.

Yeah, this probably is the better option but with there being a lot more Football League fans i imagine some Non-League stuff might get ignored / not seen. Or maybe it'll do the opposite and get a few Football Leaguers adding their input about Non-League things? It would be nice to have a bit more Non-League input on this forum though.
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
(Original post by ra-ra-ra)
Yeah, this probably is the better option but with there being a lot more Football League fans i imagine some Non-League stuff might get ignored / not seen. Or maybe it'll do the opposite and get a few Football Leaguers adding their input about Non-League things? It would be nice to have a bit more Non-League input on this forum though.
True that's the one danger that the Non League stuff would get lost in all this.
nixonsjellybeans
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Unlike the premiership fancy boys who refuse to acknowledge that an entire football set up exists below them I believe we can share with non-league its relevent and although in theory not actually in the league, it is within the english football set up.

EDIT: Just for the sake of doing so- I'm a Sheffield Wednesday fan unfortunately.
Midlander
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Coventry City exile here. The crazy days of a club playing in its home city are well behind us and playing in a Northampton shed is the way forward.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Scott129
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Derby County fan checking in.

It says a lot that it took the previous thread 9 years to reach it's post limit, whereas a thread about a single club (such as Arsenal or United) would reach it in a fraction of that time.

I do wish there were more contributors though as I can only count about 8 clubs represented by regular posters
Jangrafess
Badges: 18
Report 5 years ago
Brentford fan signing up.
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Somehow I'd love to compose a list of which Football League team everyone supported.
CraigWM
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Somehow I'd love to compose a list of which Football League team everyone supported.
There's not many of us which post regularly. Can't imagine it'd take ages.
Mockery
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Huddersfield Town fan checking into the new thread
nixonsjellybeans
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Anybody ever crossed the line and supported their rival team instead?
One of the siblings crossed it but came back within three years.
nixonsjellybeans
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Here's a rough idea, I know there's a few more but this is a start lol.

hskjlclcn - Wolves
Midlander - Coventry
DT - Bolton
Jangrafess - Brentford Town
Bun - York City
CraigWM, billybo_h - Watford
Scott129 - Derby County
Stuffed Little Fingers - Leicester City
nixonsjellybeans - Sheffield Wednesday
Mockery - Huddersfield Town
Kilroy8 - Leeds United
brocklehurst95, blue n white army - Blackburn Rovers
IMBCFC - Bradford City
Loat - Yeovil (I think)
alex_hk90 - MK Dons
Danny1907 - Rochdale
Cheese_Monster - Oxford United
You could put this on the first post of the page and update it if we gain some more regulars Just so everybody can remember each others teams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (124)
68.51%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
19.89%
Yes but I might change my mind (21)
11.6%

Watched Threads