The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alice:)
Did anyone else insure a really low offer just for the security only to regret it now? I'm tempted to ask them to release me because I don't want to go there...but I like the security of my CCC offer...:tongue:

Not really. For the course I want to do all requirements start from A*AA-AAA so I didn't really have the chance to insure a uni that had lower entry requirements :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please can we have a countdown
Who did Edexcel A-level Maths this June? If yes, what would you predict you are going to get? Just curious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by styleyourwrist
Please can we have a countdown

Yes, please. It helped me keep track of the days to doom's day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Did anyone else insure a really low offer just for the security only to regret it now? I'm tempted to ask them to release me because I don't want to go there...but I like the security of my CCC offer...:tongue:

I almost did but realised not doing well didn't mean I'd be okay going to a not so good uni. So now both of my choices are places I'd love to be at come September
Bonjour. Just over a week now - it's getting real, isn't it?

Unrelated: It's my birthday tomorrow - and I'm gonna be spending it thinking about results :unimpressed:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by sneha.vag
Not really. For the course I want to do all requirements start from A*AA-AAA so I didn't really have the chance to insure a uni that had lower entry requirements :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What course is this just out of interest?
A*AA needed for my Imperial Chemistry offer...biggest worry is the A* in chemistry :smile:
Reply 28
Did anyone do OCR Chemistry Salters for AS?
Reply 29
Original post by ElChapo
I almost did but realised not doing well didn't mean I'd be okay going to a not so good uni. So now both of my choices are places I'd love to be at come September

That's good then- I got three identical offers and one low offer so I just insured the lowest...in hindsight it was a mistake. Still, hopefully I'll just get into my firm :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by SyedaK
Did anyone do OCR Chemistry Salters for AS?

I did
free cupcake if you get an A at A level, from Patisserie Valerie: http://www.patisserie-valerie.co.uk/a-level-cupcake-2013.aspx

good luck everyone!
Reply 32
Original post by lilGem
I did

a bit late, but how did you find it?
Reply 33
Original post by Illusionary
You were near to 10k already and the community team have had the URL of this thread for a while, for their communications. :smile:

Can we have a countdown please? it calms us down
Reply 34
Original post by SyedaK
Can we have a countdown please? it calms us down

:yep: I'm not quite sure how you can find it calming :tongue: ...but I'm going to start something going for you at midnight.

If I don't update on any given day, just quote me as a reminder. :smile:

On a related note, you guys might want to take a look and contribute here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2414069 :yes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 35
Ohh, I only managed to squeeze in about 2-3 posts in the old thread! :frown:

Is it alright to still use :colonhash:

or :parrot: ?

Edit:
or :sexface: ?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by SyedaK
a bit late, but how did you find it?

I preferred F332, but I'm not holding my hopes up for anything above a D, I completely forgot the equation for the advance notice question. It was an okay-ish paper but time will tell

How about you?
Reply 37
I'm absolutely terrified of results day, I'm more afraid of what my parent's reaction will be more than anything else. My sisters did really well in their A Levels and so there's so much pressure on me to get good AS results. I have stereotypical Asian parents and they expect me to ace it :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by Illusionary
:yep: I'm not quite sure how you can find it calming :tongue: ...but I'm going to start something going for you at midnight.

If I don't update on any given day, just quote me as a reminder. :smile:

On a related note, you guys might want to take a look and contribute here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2414069 :yes:

Well, it calms me down...somehow:h:
Reply 39
Original post by AspiringGenius
New thread :confused: I didn't see why the other one had to be closed really

Exactly, that one still had around 800 posts left, should've lasted a few more days, we always let the thread reach its limit and then create a new one. Feels like someone wanted to be the OP of a-level results thread badly, lol.

Argh... My insurance offer is higher than firm lol. Firm was supposed to be A*AA but after a phone interview which I asked for, and some nice talking together with few other things it resulted in much lower offer, lowest of my all offers even though this is my firm and by far best choice. Lucky for the offer, only weird that my insurance is higher, was no point in even choosing insurance offer xD
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest