The Student Room Group

WJEC French AS FN2 Tuesday 21st May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Vernish
The WJEC does annoy me. "Sandrine est professeur dans un college." There was nothing on the cd to say that was false, but in the into they'd said she was a teacher at a primary school! But it's a listening! Aah!! :mad:

Other than that I thought it was ok. The essays were quite nice. What did everyone else think?

I was so annoyed about this!
Reply 21
Original post by mikey2912
I was so annoyed about this!

It was an awful question! I'm thinking of actually emailing the board about it - might mean they put the grade boundaries down a bit! :wink:
Reply 22
Original post by Vernish
It was an awful question! I'm thinking of actually emailing the board about it - might mean they put the grade boundaries down a bit! :wink:

haha I wish!
Reply 23
I also sat this exam this morning, didnt find it half as bad as when I got an E in January haha!

I don't have enough common sense to notice that the question about the high school/primary school teacher was in the text, not on tape, so I just ticked false and put she is a primary school teacher anyway haha!:s-smilie:
Reply 24
Hated the true/false question with "college/ecole" I put true purely on the basis that I think I already had 4 falses, did the sport essay but as I rambled on, anyone know what they do if the essay is over 200-250 words? I think I must have done around 400 because I just didn't know how to end it! Annoyed their was nothing on fashion since it seems to be all we've studied for the last couple of months, didn't come up on either exam!

I did say last night WJEC were poor and they've shown it again there!
Reply 25
Original post by Vernish

My teachers have told me that every year the wjec manage to throw in something stupid like that - and so nearly every year they have a complaint to send back to the board.

After telling my teachets about it straight after the exam, they said they look into it and contact them - there will be a complaint about it from my school at least!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by Beths_7
My teachers have told me that every year the wjec manage to throw in something stupid like that - and so nearly every year they have a complaint to send back to the board.

After telling my teachets about it straight after the exam, they said they look into it and contact them - there will be a complaint about it from my school at least!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive just emailed my teacher about it as well, maybe they'll show sympathy and award us all 120/120 UMS :wink:
Reply 27
Original post by matth95
maybe they'll show sympathy and award us all 120/120 UMS :wink:

Now that would be good...I'll have to suggest that too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by matth95
Ive just emailed my teacher about it as well, maybe they'll show sympathy and award us all 120/120 UMS :wink:

:L Let's totally go for that.
Reply 29
Original post by Smougii
anyone know what they do if the essay is over 200-250 words?!

I think that once they've marked 250 words they stop and won't mark the rest..I'm not 100% though

Posted from TSR Mobile
It started off better than I thought, I took advantage of the time even though I planned to leave myself at least an hour for the essay...only left myself 30 minutes for the essay and I did the one about sport initially thinking it was talking about sports influence on a healthy life so i was like yey i have so much to write about this but then realised it was a balanced life? :| 20 minutes left and it ruined the whole paper for me :frown:
Reply 31
Original post by Beths_7
I think that once they've marked 250 words they stop and won't mark the rest..I'm not 100% though

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats what I've heard.

I counted 252 on mine, it would be harsh to not mark the last 2! :frown:

Surely the examiners aren't sad enough to count every one word by word?
Original post by matth95
thats what I've heard.

They allow up to 280 words maximum :smile:
Reply 33
[P
Original post by LoveoOoMusic
They allow up to 280 words maximum :smile:

phew hahaha!
Original post by Beths_7

Posted from TSR Mobile

In the mark scheme it says they stop marking at 300 so you have a bit of leeway

Posted from TSR Mobile
did anyone do the question on focusing on studying verses having a part time job? How did you conclude?
Reply 36
Original post by thewisewoman
did anyone do the question on focusing on studying verses having a part time job? How did you conclude?

I did that essay but I've managed to forget how I concluded haha
Reply 37
Original post by matth95
thats what I've heard.

Really?! I am so screwed then! Surely they can't mark me down for not having a proper essay though if they've only marked my introduction and points on one side? Doesn't seem fair not ignore half of my essay just because I had more to write :confused:
Reply 38
I am going to kill my teacher!! Where does it say they only mark the first 280 words?! I've been writing around 300-320 words all year and she hasn't mentioned it!
Original post by Smougii
I am going to kill my teacher!! Where does it say they only mark the first 280 words?! I've been writing around 300-320 words all year and she hasn't mentioned it!

I wrote about that length too but I think as long as you aren't rambling and the quality of writing is good then they may carry on reading...it's also hard to tell how many words 250 is anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending