The Student Room Group

Why so much hate for World of Warcraft?

Scroll to see replies

because theres nothing to do on wow atm only stupid siege of orgrimmar for a ****ing year
I love World of Warcraft...well the tv ads :indiff: It's the weird LARPers who piss me off.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
****ing.

You're absolutely out of control :facepalm2:
Original post by RiOt GrrrL
You're absolutely out of control :facepalm2:

:lol:
^^^^see. This is why people hate Warcraft. Man like above take it too ****ing far and really think they're in a video game. Like Misfits Series 2, episode 4. :rolleyes:

Ugh. Viva empty got in my way. I was quoting the man above her who thinks he's a Prince.
Original post by AlphaNick
i would stop now while you're still in your 20s, maybe a slight chance to galvanise your social life

LMAO. Exactly!
Original post by Prince Kael'thas
That's the biggest BS I have ever read in such a long time. All MMO's are about grinding in fact all games are about grinding. If you do high end raids or high end PVP you'll realise that the game is hard.

Casuals like you are always crying about the game being easy when they're playing the raids on the lowest difficulty (LFR) AND doing random bgs. You're a joker m8

Subscription is 9 pounds btw.

Well firstly I'm not a casual gamer, not sure where you got that idea. I've played hundreds of games since I was 4, I'm now in my mid 20s.

Secondly, I'm not sure what you mean by 'all games are about grinding'. This makes no sense.

Thirdly, you're right, almost all MMO's are about grinding, that's why I said 99% of MMO's are terrible.
i would stop now while you're still in your 20s, maybe a slight chance to galvanise your social life
you seem to be blaming wow for your social problems
Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood
Well firstly I'm not a casual gamer, not sure where you got that idea. I've played hundreds of games since I was 4, I'm now in my mid 20s.

Secondly, I'm not sure what you mean by 'all games are about grinding'. This makes no sense.

Thirdly, you're right, almost all MMO's are about grinding, that's why I said 99% of MMO's are terrible.

almost all games are about grinding you grind in cod to rank up and get a better gun you grind in pretty much all games that are meant to be played for more than a week
i have no social problems :wink: i blame wow for nothing, its just a boring game and i got nothing out of it
I meant your past social problems which you mentioned earlier on
Because it is a **** version of the true GOAT MMO..

Original post by intelligent con
almost all games are about grinding you grind in cod to rank up and get a better gun you grind in pretty much all games that are meant to be played for more than a week

Not really.

I mainly play the following:

RPGs like Mass Effect / Dragon Age: Origins / Deus Ex which have fun and intriguing story lines / combat / voice acting etc.

Twitch arena FPS like Unreal Tournament which are pure fun combat, no levelling involved at all.

Strategy games which are pure thinking/reaction based and very fun to play, nothing to do with grinding.
Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood
Not really.

I mainly play the following:

RPGs like Mass Effect / Dragon Age: Origins / Deus Ex which have fun and intriguing story lines / combat / voice acting etc.

Twitch arena FPS like Unreal Tournament which are pure fun combat, no levelling involved at all.

Strategy games which are pure thinking/reaction based and very fun to play, nothing to do with grinding.

Still have to grind to get experienced at the game and all those rpgs probably involve grinding of some form if you have to kill lots of monsters for no purpose other than because the quest says so
I've played many RPG's but one that really hooked me was War of Legends(WOL) a game by jagex.

I've got to say I've spent many hours but when I look back, I can never say I wasted hours...... Similiar to many gamers because I personally know that I had lots of fun playing it and it was time having fun which I think could not be substituted with other things.

Of course playing too much is bad for you however if you have lots of free time for e.g when your in your early years in secondary then it's a great way to kill time.

The game is still running strong if you want to play it, unfortunately new servers being added and old players leaving meant that my server became dead although the new servers still give you that great experience it's just it's not the same when you have to restart all over with new players and repeating the same stuff.

Now to answer this question, yes people may feel that they may have got in a better position or done better things rather than playing the RPG's such as WOW .
It was all about rs back in the day

"Trimming armour for free"
I actually got into a stage where I would play WoW constantly and I got a few of my friends into it as well. But, as I approached 15/16, my subscription ran out and I couldn't afford to buy a new one. After the initial withdrawal period, I decided to stop playing it and enjoy life away from the computer. It seems ironic I'm posting this via my laptop, but WoW ate up so much of my time that I missed out on so many opportunities.

That said, it was very enjoyable whilst I played it. Maybe, one day, if I became rich and had nothing to do for a week, I'd play it again.
Reply 36
I started playing in 2010, when cata came out. Did a few things, moved servers, moved faction. Now I am with my boyfriend who I met on WoW and yes I live with him :tongue: (he was my guild's raidleader).

Anyway, the worst part of wow is the people in game who are mean for no reason. Those that hate on a tank in LFR because he has no hc Garrosh kill even though he has norm gear and is in *LFR*. I have been on the receiving end of stuff like that but most of the time it just happens to others and I end up hearing about it somehow. Puts me off tanking pugs now :/.

The best part was meeting great people in guild. There are people that come and go, but I have some great friends who are part of the guild's core. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest