The Student Room Group

Its only a minority of Muslims.......

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by gen. AIDEED
I don't care what people protest over, all i know is they have the freedom to do so, stop being a hypocrite

So if a load of Muslims went down to Parliament square on Nov 11th and started burning poppies, that'd be totally fine with you and the UK should not worry about that "protest"?

You shouldn't worry so much. According to a new video of the execution of accused homosexuals under IS' sphere of influence, they've run out of bullets and blunted all their beheading implements.
Original post by billydisco
So if a load of Muslims went down to Parliament square on Nov 11th and started burning poppies, that'd be totally fine with you and the UK should not worry about that "protest"?

if a load of Christians went to the largest mosque in London and were to burn the Quran, should the UK worry about that "protest"?
Reply 23
Original post by MagicNMedicine
billydisco's methodology robust as ever :lol:

Care to elaborate? Or would that be too much?
Well, Muslims who met Ataturk are different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
if a load of Christians went to the largest mosque in London and were to burn the Quran, should the UK worry about that "protest"?

The UK is a Christian country..... its not comparable.

If Christians were going on an anti-abortion march damn right i'd think they were nutcases.
who cares if its the tooth fairy or a flying monkey, Freedom of speech WORKS BOTH WAYS

I don't think you know what freedom of speech is.

As a tip, it does not for example include inciting hatred, or threatening people. So you can say "what that group is doing is wrong" but you can't threaten them, or incite others to be violent towards them.
the uk is a christian country..... Its not comparable.

If christians were going on an anti-abortion march damn right i'd think they were nutcases.

well its not what you think billydisco

article 10 freedom of speech bitch! You are not above the law
Reply 28
well its not what you think billydisco

article 10 freedom of speech bitch! You are not above the law

Freedom of speech does not mean somebody cannot be a nutter for saying certain things.....
Reply 29
Original post by SarcasticMel
I don't think you know what freedom of speech is.

As a tip, it does not for example include inciting hatred, or threatening people. So you can say "what that group is doing is wrong" but you can't threaten them, or incite others to be violent towards them.

e.g. burning flags.... which seems rather popular in Muslim countries....

(and was in one of the pictures)
Original post by SophiaLDN
What, people can't even protest now? :rolleyes:

one of them was holding a huge banner saying the cartoonists "must be hanged" - surely that's overstepping free speech when it's advocating/threatening violence?
Doesn't look like a minority to me:

Also, doesn't seem to be limited to Pakistan:

Philippines:

another "minority":

These guys don't look obsessed one bit :rolleyes::

I don't think you understand the definition of the word 'minority'. Go pick up a dictionary; you might actually end up learning something new.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by Reptilian
I don't think you understand the definition of the word 'minority'. Go pick up a dictionary; you might actually end up learning something new.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh so because there's 1 billion Muslims- doesn't matter if only 1 million of them (0.1%) are total nutcases? :rolleyes:
Reply 33
Who cares? Who are you to tell people what they can or can't protest/believe in?

No, because its their choice.

So you want people to use free speech only in what you deem is to be true & when it suits you?

those pakistanis wanted the charlie people hanged. i want people to use free speech to not want to kill you cannot incite violence against another person . dont be that guy. (the apologist). also notice how we all use words these animal savage House-asians<- malcolm x used this term are condoning the use of murder.
(edited 9 years ago)
Maybe in Pakistan it's acceptable to incite violence against blasphemy? They are their own country after all. Why do France's ideals apply over there? They don't. It's a can of worms.
Reply 35
Who cares? Who are you to tell people what they can or can't protest/believe in?

No, because its their choice.

So you want people to use free speech only in what you deem is to be true & when it suits you?

What is their objective in their protests though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh clever. 49.9999% would also still be a minority. Well done for educating someone on how to be pedantic.
Oh so because there's 1 billion Muslims- doesn't matter if only 1 million of them (0.1%) are total nutcases? :rolleyes:

There was a guy who posted a video about banning Peppa Pig and the amount of death threats he got from white British Christians was immense. Does that mean that we should deal with white British Christians the same way?

Truth is every population has a small fraction of lunatics. Even these so called 'free, democratic, civilised' Western populations (refer to Anders Behring Breivik)

There are an estimated 1-2 billion Muslims in the world and so the number of Muslim lunatics will be a lot but as a proportion it will not be. It is simple an illusion to you guys because Muslims make up such a small minority here in Britain. It makes you think they comprise a lot less of the global population than they do and so, it seems as though they are overrepresented in terms of terrorism. Fun fact: only 2% of terrorist attacks in Europe were perpetrated by Muslims

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
There was a guy who posted a video about banning Peppa Pig and the amount of death threats he got from white British Christians was immense. Does that mean that we should deal with white British Christians the same way?

Truth is every population has a small fraction of lunatics. Even these so called 'free, democratic, civilised' Western populations (refer to Anders Behring Breivik)

There are an estimated 1-2 billion Muslims in the world and so the number of Muslim lunatics will be a lot but as a proportion it will not be. It is simple an illusion to you guys because Muslims make up such a small minority here in Britain. It makes you think they comprise a lot less of the global population than they do and so, it seems as though they are overrepresented in terms of terrorism. Fun fact: only 2% of terrorist attacks in Europe were perpetrated by Muslims

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many different countries in the world are currently being attacked by terrorism in the name of Christianity?
How many different countries in the world are currently being attacked by terrorism in the name of Christianity?

How many Christian countries are currently being invaded by Muslim countries' armies? Can you answer that please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending