The Student Room Group

1 month left till gcse exams....am i screwed?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Diligence
Enough time for 8/9A*s?

Entirely dependent on what you're working at now. Mock results?
I did revision for my GCSEs the day before each of them and I got 10As, a B and a C. It was not pretty but it is possible :smile:
Reply 22
I don't know if you're screwed or not, but don't worry.

You'll know soon enough.

I don't know if I'm in the same position as you, but I'll assume that you're in a better position than me. Same as you, about a month left, I haven't written more than about a sentence in any lessons for the past year and I haven't even done a minute of revision, literally no exaggeration. Not sure about your situation, but this is distressing for my school and parents as I am "Extremely Intelligent", predicted A*'s in most subjects, and A's in the remainders. I plan to revise a few days before exams, as I am allergic to any form of hard work. Living by the philosophies of 1: Do it on the day and 2: Do the bare minimum have served me well in the past but...

I guess we'll all know whether we did the right thing within the next 50 days or so...

By the way I think I will get a good haul of A's and A*'s in every subject, however, I'm set in an extremely difficult position to achieve what I want in the three Sciences, as we have already done the coursework for each and I was asleep for most of it so 25% of Science is a C for me. I now can't achieve A*'s in these, which is distressing for my Physics in particular, and need very high scores in order to get A's, which is what I want in Physics and Biology.

Good luck. If you're in the same position as me I suppose you will need it. (That isn't meant to be disconcerting. And don't be an idiot like me. Do the hard work. Even though I literally can't)
Yeah, posting this thread will definitely help you.
Original post by rockyroad2014
I did revision for my GCSEs the day before each of them and I got 10As, a B and a C. It was not pretty but it is possible :smile:

10A*s or 10As?
10A*s or 10As?

10As - 1 mark off A* in 5 subjects- probably would have got them if i'd cared more about my revision but hey ho :smile:
I haven't even started revising yet.
I'll probably start after Easter.
Reply 27
Original post by Kyou
I haven't even started revising yet.
I'll probably start after Easter.

This is me right here, but I know that after Easter:

One more week, then I'll start

After not revising that week: Ok one more week

After not revising that week either: Ok one more week

Then GCSE's happen, no revision completed.
Original post by ArlenM
This is me right here, but I know that after Easter:

One more week, then I'll start

After not revising that week: Ok one more week

After not revising that week either: Ok one more week

Then GCSE's happen, no revision completed.

Yeah, you've just described me.
Original post by souless_lol
SO YEAH AS IT SAYS ON THE TITLE, I'VE LITERALLY GOT VERY LITTLE TIME TO REVISE AND IM ACTUALLY FREAKING OUT BECAUSE MY EXAMS START FROM THE 11TH OF MAY :eek::eek::eek:.....COULD I STILL DO WELL IF I REVISE NOW OR IS IT JUST TOO LITTLE TOO LATE? *SINGS TOO LITTLE TOO LATE BY JOJO* :colondollar:

Most people start revision now so don't worry :colone:
Reply 30
Original post by souless_lol
daaaammnnnn thanks guys i actually have some hope now :smile: seriously need to force myself into hardcore revision now....

Yep, my hardcore studying's starting this weekend. Good luck! :tongue:
Original post by Katie.F
Yep, my hardcore studying's starting this weekend. Good luck! :tongue:

How many A*s are you aiming for? Also what will your 'hardcore' revision entail?
For some random reason I had thought excluding this week I had weeks left HOWEVER, apparently I only have 5. At the start of year 11, I had thought that I was going to be good and start a good 3-4 months early, OBVIOUSLY NOT. Anyhow, i had also kept putting it off as, i hadn't yet experienced the whole 'OH MY GOODNESS, I NEED TO START REVISING NOW!' phase. I was still pretty chilled out until yesterday when i realised i only had 5 weeks left, i thought i would have 6 (excluding this week) so i panicked, i planned my revision around those 6 weeks now i will have to squeeze it into these 5 weeks. I mean, i think if you paid attention in most of your classes or are generally quite intelligent, you won't need the whole extreme 'start in the summer of year 10 to 11' revision sort of amount, most people start now anyway. However, if you want to FEEL fully prepared, revise as hard as you can these Easter holidays. Good luck. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 33
How many A*s are you aiming for? Also what will your 'hardcore' revision entail?

I'm aiming for all A's, doing all Cambridge iGCSE's. Think I'm pretty old school when it comes to revising - I prefer to just note-make using textbooks, internet, sheets, etc and then re-read and memorize definitions and that later. I'm doing 7 subjects (did one last year) so during the Easter break I'll be taking each day with each subject (also, definitely a night owl). How about you? :redface:
haven't revised :frown:
Reply 35
I am currently halfway through my GCSE exams. I have revised for every single exam a day before and I've found them all easy. I have my 1st of 3 History exams tomorrow and I haven't started revision yet xD But if I'm fine with a few hours of revision you'll be fine with a month =) Good luck!
Original post by demise_
I am currently halfway through my GCSE exams. I have revised for every single exam a day before and I've found them all easy. I have my 1st of 3 History exams tomorrow and I haven't started revision yet xD But if I'm fine with a few hours of revision you'll be fine with a month =) Good luck!

What topic are you doing in history tomorrow?
Reply 37
Original post by callum623
What topic are you doing in history tomorrow?

Hi Callum, I am sitting The Cold War tomorrow =)
Original post by demise_
Hi Callum, I am sitting The Cold War tomorrow =)

Oh ok. I can't find anyone else doing crime and punishment :frown: What exam board are you with?
Reply 39
Edexcel. I have 3 exams which are the CW, Russia 1918 - 39, and the transformation of British society, which is my sources paper =)

Quick Reply

Latest