Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Jobs for people with low IQ/Zero talent watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    Chances are if you managed to do that stuff you are not that stupid, just not cut out for academia/white collar work you're not interested in. I was in the same situation and ended up welding, haven't looked back. Try and find a hobby that can also potentially be a job, and make it your job. That's my advice.
    So what should I apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasa)
    I am worried that i might be over qualitifed with my master's degree
    That's your advantage, might gain a promotion quickly and become a team leader/supervisor or something. You'll never know until you try hun x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    That's your advantage, might gain a promotion quickly and become a team leader/supervisor or something. You'll never know until you try hun x
    thanks babes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihihihihi)
    Okay I feel bad now, sorry...
    What would your advice be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasa)
    thanks babes.
    Hospitals are good places to start too! and they usually do get back to you aswell, (give you the opportunity for an interview) try ward clerk/lab assistant etc
    and for the interview, come across as really positive - and why you want the job, link your experiences to the job, your passions and what you like about the company, you should get in somewhere--don't give up x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasa)
    So what should I apply for?
    I'm not convinced you read my post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasa)
    What would your advice be?
    Hmm, are you good at instructing people? My dad doesn't even have a single GCSE and is a driving instructor/owns a school and makes about £70k/year but he used to be in the British army though... I come from asia so that's why he didn't have a chance with school.

ReputationRep:
    Do not give up. There are many people in your boat. Its quite if not nearly impossible to get jobs these days. Are you interested in jobs that are overseas? You could apply for those types of jobs. What about working from home?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasa)
    Made me smile, but please be serious. I am pouring my heart out here.
    Customer services is great for thickos, they read from a script so theres nothing to remember. Anyway, there are tons of jobs for people denser than a neutron star. Local government is good if you don't mind lots of tedious meetings and lowish pay.

Thick people have other qualities employers like such as good time keeping, reliability and getting on with colleagues. They are just as important in the real world of work than being able to pass a few exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    I'm not convinced you read my post.
    Sorry. Yeah hobbies sound interesting.
    Not sure what that hobby should be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Customer services is great for thickos, they read from a script so theres nothing to remember. Anyway, there are tons of jobs for people denser than a neutron star. Local government is good if you don't mind lots of tedious meetings and lowish pay.

Thick people have other qualities employers like such as good time keeping, reliability and getting on with colleagues. They are just as important in the real world of work than being able to pass a few exams.
    I would apply for it, but I have Aspegers.

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered crime or perhaps football?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Have you considered crime or perhaps football?
    Please stop

ReputationRep:
    How long's your penis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasa)
    Please stop
    You're the one asking for suggestions… :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John55)
    How long's your penis?
    You're the one asking for suggestions… :dontknow:

Please stop trolling... and be serious... I am feeling very low.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasa)
    Please stop trolling... and be serious... I am feeling very low.
    Subjectively bad or ridiculous ideas don't necessarily mean trolling, you know… While I was joking about football, granted, I was serious about crime. There are many forms and even simple people can make decent money out of it. But fine, I won't be trying to help you any more…

ReputationRep:
    But you're still academically probably smarter than a heck load of the population.

Don't give up yet; you may not have just found your niche yet.

(Original post by Maker)
    Politician, journalist, customer services.
    For that. (+1 for that.)

ReputationRep:
    Subjectively bad or ridiculous ideas don't necessarily mean trolling, you know… While I was joking about football, granted, I was serious about crime. There are many forms and even simple people can make decent money out of it. But fine, I won't be trying to help you any more…
    Id rather be homeless than scam innocent people. What's that matter with you?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe...start a small business....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.