Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A-Level Results Day: Grade Boundaries watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xuancong)
    Anyone got the idea how are they going to decide what is your grade for the subject (A,B,C,...) ?For example, last year I took D1 FP1 and S1 for Further Math, my grade is 88,88,70 respectively.My overall is 243/300 and i got an A, Why ? Thank you
    FP1 D1 and S1 would make up Further Maths AS. An A is the highest grade you can get at AS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smegsxo)
    Anyone got any predictions for AQA Psychology A, Sociology or HIS3M? So nervous for these boundaries...could be the make or break for uni!
    grade boundaries usually go up by 1 mark for Psya 3 so i expect for an A* 52, A 46, B 40 and a C 35. unless half of us did really badly and it goes down by 2 marks. PSYA 4 varies a lot so its hard to predict.

ReputationRep:
    Right, so for OCR Chemistry and Biology, the new AS levels, on our results sheet, will they give our raw marks. They aren't giving UMS as there is no UMS, but there should be raw marks right?

If that is not the case, how would we know how many marks we are off the next grade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    grade boundaries usually go up by 1 mark for Psya 3 so i expect for an A* 52, A 46, B 40 and a C 35. unless half of us did really badly and it goes down by 2 marks. PSYA 4 varies a lot so its hard to predict.
    I mean those of us doing gender had a big shock and most didn't do well on that bit, but everyone doing the other subjects seemed quite happy so I have no hope on that paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    Right, so for OCR Chemistry and Biology, the new AS levels, on our results sheet, will they give our raw marks. They aren't giving UMS as there is no UMS, but there should be raw marks right?

If that is not the case, how would we know how many marks we are off the next grade?
    As I understand it, there will not be any raw marks on results sheets.

You need to ask your teacher or exams officer who can look up your raw mark on OCR Interchange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucabrasi98)
    Alright let's get this out the way. How many of you cheated on your ISA's which inevitably contributes to the disgusting grade boundaries we're going to see?

I have friends in 4 local schools and they all confirmed multiple classes cheated. Meanwhile there's our school doing it properly. It's so frustrating to know I'm inevitably getting a B grade max in the ISA. And that's in my best one. In my worst I'll probably get a D.
    Yes, it's annoying but as it has been said they've finally scrapped the ISAs. Just unlucky it wasn't this year. Although, the difference in UMS between the grades is pretty small. As long as you get a high C then getting an A overall between the two exams is accessible. I thought the SHM ISA this year varied off the syllabus quite a bit, it was a tough one. Very sad that the boundary is unlikely to change much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    1 week today GBs will start coming out
    they come out the day before or a week before?

:hide:

ReputationRep:
    Im worried im not gonna get what I want

ReputationRep:
    Are the grade boundaries and mark schemes officially released or are they leaked to TSR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    Are the grade boundaries and mark schemes officially released or are they leaked to TSR?
    Official

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marioman)
    As I understand it, there will not be any raw marks on results sheets.

You need to ask your teacher or exams officer who can look up your raw mark on OCR Interchange.
    Thanks for the reply. Well, that sucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    Official
    Grade boundaries are officially released, mark schemes are leaked onto here. It will probably only be the AQA mark schemes which leak. (Edexcel ones are out already.)

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries are officially released, mark schemes are leaked onto here. It will probably only be the AQA mark schemes which leak. (Edexcel ones are out already.)
    Grade boundaries are out?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    Grade boundaries are out?!?!
    Sorry if I wasn't clear - the only thing that is out so far is Edexcel mark schemes.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if I wasn't clear - the only thing that is out so far is Edexcel mark schemes.
    Sorry my fault. Re-reading your post made me realise what you meant by official.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smegsxo)
    Anyone got any predictions for AQA Psychology A, Sociology or HIS3M? So nervous for these boundaries...could be the make or break for uni!
    I did HIS3M! I have no idea what the boundaries will be but I hope they're kind, weird questions and I can't think of anyone who was particularly confident afterwards.. I think the way it plays out for me I only need a middle D in this exam to get my B overall, so fingers crossed it hasn't gone any worse than that. I wish you the best of luck with your results .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerryrevie)
    I did HIS3M! I have no idea what the boundaries will be but I hope they're kind, weird questions and I can't think of anyone who was particularly confident afterwards.. I think the way it plays out for me I only need a middle D in this exam to get my B overall, so fingers crossed it hasn't gone any worse than that. I wish you the best of luck with your results .
    I need a high B to get the B I need for uni and I know I've got a C at best, a D realistically

ReputationRep:
    Where are the edexcel mark schemes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4nonymous)
    Where are the edexcel mark schemes?
    http://paper-cut.weebly.com/mayjune-2016.html

ReputationRep:
    anyone do OCR RS (philosophy and ethics) ? I thought it went well but now its coming closer to results day I keep overthinking what I wrote, I hate the subjectivity of humanities subjects,

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.