The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I once went 6 months without a period :biggrin: It was great lmao. I wouldn't worry about it, periods can take forever to become regular. It could also just be stress. I still reckon that if I stopped taking the pill I would be having them all over the place XD
Evenstar
I went to doctors for a similar reason (ie I'd missed two periods and thought I was pregnant). The doc did blood tests and turns out I've got polycystic ovaries syndrome. So might be worth getting some bloods done.

:ditto:

I had always had akaward patterns between my periods, excess hair and and acne. My doctor did tests and I was diagnosed with PCOS too.

OP I would recommend you go see a doctor, they can run test to find out what's up if there's anything wrong.

I was adamant that I wouldn't go to the doctor but my mum made me and I am glad she did.

I was 16 when I was diagnosed, which is really young and is a benefit because now I know I know that steps I need to take in order to have children (if I have problems).

So many women who have PCOS are only diagnosed when they try for kids and by that time it's too late because there are too many cysts and it can be too dangerous to have the operation to remove them.
Reply 22
sweetlovinchick2k1
:ditto:

I had always had akaward patterns between my periods, excess hair and and acne. My doctor did tests and I was diagnosed with PCOS too.

OP I would recommend you go see a doctor, they can run test to find out what's up if there's anything wrong.

I was adamant that I wouldn't go to the doctor but my mum made me and I am glad she did.

I was 16 when I was diagnosed, which is really young and is a benefit because now I know I know that steps I need to take in order to have children (if I have problems).

So many women who have PCOS are only diagnosed when they try for kids and by that time it's too late because there are too many cysts and it can be too dangerous to have the operation to remove them.

I dont have excessice hair growth or acne, in fact my skin is very clear so hopefully this isnt the case. I might leave it one more month and if i dont have one then i will go and get a blood test done.
sphee
Where have my periods gone? Anyone got any thoughts?

Look in the cupboard.:woo: :woo: :woo:
Often worrying about not having a period is enough to stop them lol :P

Wait a little longer if you like, but it would be best to go see your GP just incase :smile:
sphee
I dont have excessice hair growth or acne, in fact my skin is very clear so hopefully this isnt the case. I might leave it one more month and if i dont have one then i will go and get a blood test done.

Not all people do have those symptoms, it varies from person to person.
Reply 26
Got sex?
Get down to the doctors to check it out, but it's probably due to weight change. Have you flown? That can also affect periods.
Reply 28
KayleeLand
Get down to the doctors to check it out, but it's probably due to weight change. Have you flown? That can also affect periods.

Haven't flown. And haven't lost or gained any weight.
sphee
Haven't flown. And haven't lost or gained any weight.

Could be a curse.
Sacrificing a small furry stuffed toy to Hecate should fix it.
I really think you should go to a doctor, this is fairly common practice and so they will ask a few questions, run a few tests and it will be sorted out in a jiffy. I wouldn't wait as either you worry for another month about nothing or you wait another month without sorting a problem out that could have been sorted out a month ago!
Reply 31
My advice is go and see your GP. One of my best friends had this earlier in the year. Might have been March/April - July that she didn't have one. I think it was a stress related problem.

Hope it all goes ok for you :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending