The Student Room Group

Fluctuating feelings for my bf, why?

I go through periods of time where I rly love my bf and wanna be with him all the time, but then periods where I suddenly don’t rly care abt speaking to him and feel annoyed and question if I love him. We’ve been together for nearly a year and a half but I’ve had thsi since we started dating. Often I get the feelings of dislike for him when we aren’t together in person. It makes me worried cos when i see his face my heart melts and I genuinely love him but why do I get this! Don’t know what to do.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I go through periods of time where I rly love my bf and wanna be with him all the time, but then periods where I suddenly don’t rly care abt speaking to him and feel annoyed and question if I love him. We’ve been together for nearly a year and a half but I’ve had thsi since we started dating. Often I get the feelings of dislike for him when we aren’t together in person. It makes me worried cos when i see his face my heart melts and I genuinely love him but why do I get this! Don’t know what to do.

down. You need to ask yourself what you are missing?

Without knowing your age and life stage, it may not be possible to provide a more detailed reply. But happy to explore it further with you.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1

If you have stages thats you really dont care about speaking to him and feel annoyed then it could be a couple of things. a) you are both that much constantly with each other all the time that is really become so intense that you need your space and your 'you time'.
or b) its not love, its actually lust. If you are disliking him when you are not with him, then melt when you see his face, sounds more like an attraction to me as opposed to love. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, but in your case its a dislike, so somethings not quite right. I think you should take some time apart to see if you do actually miss him or not. if you dont miss the guy and disliking him, then hes not the right guy.
Reply 3
Original post by Ghostlady
If you have stages thats you really dont care about speaking to him and feel annoyed then it could be a couple of things. a) you are both that much constantly with each other all the time that is really become so intense that you need your space and your 'you time'.
or b) its not love, its actually lust. If you are disliking him when you are not with him, then melt when you see his face, sounds more like an attraction to me as opposed to love. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, but in your case its a dislike, so somethings not quite right. I think you should take some time apart to see if you do actually miss him or not. if you dont miss the guy and disliking him, then hes not the right guy.

The interesting thing here is that I fell for him for his personality not looks, obviously his looks grew on me overtime so the lust thing isn’t true. absence does make my heart grow stronger sometimes but other times it doesn’t
Reply 4
Original post by Seasoned&Ready
down. You need to ask yourself what you are missing?

Without knowing your age and life stage, it may not be possible to provide a more detailed reply. But happy to explore it further with you.

I’m 20, gone to uni, been together over a year
Reply 5
Perhaps the relationship is starting to run its course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending