The Student Room Group

Resit university Twice?

In the first year of university my mum died so i ended up retaking that year, im now in the final year and i was granted mitigating circumstances for my exams and other pieces of work. due to issues with the doctors giving me me proof i missed the appeal period, my university are trying their best to help as i have proof of everything and why the doctors note was late.
I know i cant get sfe again, but can i still do the year again meaning instead of 3 years it’s 5? the only major issue is my university is far away so i couldn’t self fund living there anymore
Reply 1
Original post by amelfin
In the first year of university my mum died so i ended up retaking that year, im now in the final year and i was granted mitigating circumstances for my exams and other pieces of work. due to issues with the doctors giving me me proof i missed the appeal period, my university are trying their best to help as i have proof of everything and why the doctors note was late.
I know i cant get sfe again, but can i still do the year again meaning instead of 3 years it’s 5? the only major issue is my university is far away so i couldn’t self fund living there anymore

Hey, So sorry you've gone through this. The only thing I could advise is checking for any scholarships/ grants available to you, I don't know what degree you're doing and it's 'easier' to get a job with some degrees- but this is your final year so 100% your call on whether you would be able to balance work/uni, if you dont think you could is your uni able to offer online lectures so you can do uni from home or do part-time?- this will increase the course length again but if you need to be in the place where your uni is you may be able to balance work/uni better? I'm so sorry if this was pointless, I'm sure you've gone through all of these ideas and have been stressing, but things will work out and I truly hope everything works out for you! Good luck and I hope your circumstances get better :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending