The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

I feel so ****. My friend got an offer from LSE and she's making me feel so crap saying "only clever people get it (insinuating i'm not clever enough) and I told her that if I dont get into LSE/UCL Im gonna take a gap year and she was like "no just go to a **** uni" like persuading me to take the wrong decision. I feel so ****, I really hope LSE give me an offer tomorrow. A rejection will literally kill me.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by bshrestha
I feel so ****. My friend got an offer from LSE and she's making me feel so crap saying "only clever people get it (insinuating i'm not clever enough) and I told her that if I dont get into LSE/UCL Im gonna take a gap year and she was like "no just go to a **** uni" like persuading me to take the wrong decision. I feel so ****, I really hope LSE give me an offer tomorrow. A rejection will literally kill me.

I guess somebody has to break this for you but a true friend would never proceed like this.

A true friend would **** on you only once you got the offer, before getting a response her duty is to be supportive. Crap, you don't even have to be a friend to follow this rule, it's common sense.
Original post by Blackfyre
I guess somebody has to break this for you but a true friend would never proceed like this.

A true friend would **** on you only once you got the offer, before getting a response her duty is to be supportive. Crap, you don't even have to be a friend to follow this rule, it's common sense.

I know she's not a true friend, but it just kills me inside how sly people could be. When I was talking about taking a Gap year, she was like "no just go to a **** uni it doesn't matter where you go" when it evidently does and god I cant believe people are this selfish.
I know she's not a true friend, but it just kills me inside how sly people could be. When I was talking about taking a Gap year, she was like "no just go to a **** uni it doesn't matter where you go" when it evidently does and god I cant believe people are this selfish.

I guess everybody has "acquaintances" like this, my friends give me s**t for applying to LSE too saying that there's no way I can get in even with my grades (but they keep it at a friendly level and never get personal about this). I was sure from start that my chances are minimal considering the competition but you don't have to be let down by this, Law is one of the most competitive courses so even the best candidates might get rejected because the places are limited.

Anyway, I hope you get accepted so you can rub it into the b****'s face.

I'm a bit disheartened that people like her will be at LSE. But that's life, the good people don't always get what they want. Ignore your 'friend', she clearly doesn't have your best interests at heart. Good luck for LSE Friday!
Has anyone heard anything from them today? I've literally had 3 monitors displaying track, my gmail inbox and this thread throughout the day whilst revising and nothing! The wait is killing me!!
Original post by NedStark
I'm a bit disheartened that people like her will be at LSE. But that's life, the good people don't always get what they want. Ignore your 'friend', she clearly doesn't have your best interests at heart. Good luck for LSE Friday!

Oh God, Ned Stark is back. You're like LSE Entry thread celebrity, all heil the King.
I applied for Sociology on 14 January, but since so many people applied much earlier, I'm afraid my chances are much smaller now? Got the two week email the other day. I have 43 IB points but I only have one social science (psychology) in my subjects, so I'm not sure what my chances actually are... I'm pretty sure my personal statement was good, I hope that will compensate for perhaps not studying the right subjects. But I'm still not sure how important that really is for sociology. :/

aww that's so kind of you. I really want to get an offer from LSE now, so I can be friends with people like you! I need people in my life who will actually motivate me instead of trashing me down.
Reply 4389
Original post by MKultramused
I applied for Sociology on 14 January, but since so many people applied much earlier, I'm afraid my chances are much smaller now? Got the two week email the other day. I have 43 IB points but I only have one social science (psychology) in my subjects, so I'm not sure what my chances actually are... I'm pretty sure my personal statement was good, I hope that will compensate for perhaps not studying the right subjects. But I'm still not sure how important that really is for sociology. :/

you should expect a decision in March- I'm afraid:redface:. what are your grades?
Original post by arminb
you should expect a decision in March- I'm afraid:redface:. what are your grades?

43 IB points :smile:
I guess everybody has "acquaintances" like this, my friends give me s**t for applying to LSE too saying that there's no way I can get in even with my grades (but they keep it at a friendly level and never get personal about this). I was sure from start that my chances are minimal considering the competition but you don't have to be let down by this, Law is one of the most competitive courses so even the best candidates might get rejected because the places are limited.

Anyway, I hope you get accepted so you can rub it into the b****'s face.

Yes, some people are just so selfish and sly. Don't worry, Law is extremely competitive and at least you gave it a shot! Good Luck in whatever you do in the future; I am sure you will be successful in whatever you decide to do :smile:
When did you guys apply? Sorry and best of luck in your other choices.

Thanks :smile: I applied on the 22nd of November they took 8 and a half weeks to reply
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by historyse5
Thanks :smile: I applied on the 22nd of November they took 8 and a half weeks to reply

I read your post like 10 times before you edited it and tried to get my head around "22nd of oven beer". I was sure that this was a trolling masterpiece.

Thank you for the information, where else did you apply?
Reply 4394
Original post by jodiepitfield
I have! My GCSEs were pretty poor I got 1a* 1a 9bs and 2D* BTECs and my as levels were AAAB :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's so good. I've been waiting since November!

There will always be selfish people in life, I am sorry to hear about this but LSE cant spot this on just a basis of a personal statement which is one of the many things which are flawed in their system. I hope you get in like I hope for everyone to get in not just for the sake of you getting back at your friend though that will be an added bonus :smile:

100% agreed. Some bad people are just lucky while some good people work their socks off just to get peanuts. But everyone will always have good moments in life, if not now then definitely later.

Oh God, Ned Stark is back. You're like LSE Entry thread celebrity, all heil the King.

Is your username based on a certain sword or a house? If not then please ignore this :tongue:
Reply 4396
I got back the new 7 week email today. I got the 2 week email two days ago(on Jan 22). I guess they are speeding things up since there aren't going to be any more applicants to consider.
Anyone else who experienced the same?
Original post by Vort
I got back the new 7 week email today. I got the 2 week email two days ago(on Jan 22). I guess they are speeding things up since there aren't going to be any more applicants to consider.
Anyone else who experienced the same?

Not necessarily. Some stronger applicants tend to get their emails faster and hear back sooner :smile:
Reply 4398
It's friday! Let's hope today is the day when LSE gives us our decision!
Reply 4399
Original post by Theacademic
Not necessarily. Some stronger applicants tend to get their emails faster and hear back sooner :smile:

Yay! Thank you so much for that piece of information. But, don't get my hopes up. One of my friends, who is also from India, got rejected at LSE but accepted at Oxford. :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending