The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boondock Saint

Quite a redundant point to make, seeing as I've already told you on numerous occasions that the majority of Sunni don't believe that either.

I'll address the other aspects later, but how sure are you of this ? Could you tell me what groups accept it, and what groups reject it.? Preferebly on the debating thread, and not here.
Reply 4461
Lindsay Lohan attacked for reading the Qu'ran:
https://youtu.be/_6CDeSd1B_g
Original post by Tawheed
I'll address the other aspects later, but how sure are you of this ? Could you tell me what groups accept it, and what groups reject it.? Preferebly on the debating thread, and not here.

100% sure. Quote me on any thread you want and I'll reply.
Original post by beautifulxxx
No it's not exaggerated at all. With regards to brothers its less promiment because their islamic identity isn't manifested as much as the sisters...but they face problems in regards to salah etc... When I'm in france I'm given dirty looks all the time and insulted. They discriminate and purposely taunt, at one point I was so traumatized that I didn't want to step outside. Alhamdulilah I haven't experienced physical abuse yet but it happens often. We couldn't consider studying there because you're not allowed to wear hijab in school and at work. In uni you can, but if it means enduring constant abuse from these ignorant people I would advise you not to study there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where in France did you live?
On the authority of Abdullah, the son of Umar ibn al-Khattab (ra), who said:I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) say, "Islam has been built on five [pillars]: testifying that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, establishing the salah (prayer), paying the zakat (obligatory charity), making the hajj (pilgrimage) to the House, and fasting in Ramadhan." [Bukhari & Muslim]

عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عُمَرَ بْنِ الْخَطَّابِ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمَا قَالَ: سَمِعْت رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه و سلم يَقُولُ: " بُنِيَ الْإِسْلَامُ عَلَى خَمْسٍ: شَهَادَةِ أَنْ لَا إلَهَ إلَّا اللَّهُ وَأَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ، وَإِقَامِ الصَّلَاةِ، وَإِيتَاءِ الزَّكَاةِ، وَحَجِّ الْبَيْتِ، وَصَوْمِ رَمَضَانَ".
[رَوَاهُ الْبُخَارِيُّ]
، [وَمُسْلِمٌ].
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (ra):I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) say, “What I have forbidden for you, avoid. What I have ordered you [to do], do as much of it as you can. For verily, it was only the excessive questioning and their disagreeing with their Prophets that destroyed [the nations] who were before you.” [Bukhari & Muslim]

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ صَخْرٍ رَضِيَ اللهُ عَنْهُ قَالَ: سَمِعْت رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه و سلم يَقُولُ: "مَا نَهَيْتُكُمْ عَنْهُ فَاجْتَنِبُوهُ، وَمَا أَمَرْتُكُمْ بِهِ فَأْتُوا مِنْهُ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُمْ، فَإِنَّمَا أَهْلَكَ الَّذِينَ مِنْ قَبْلِكُمْ كَثْرَةُ مَسَائِلِهِمْ وَاخْتِلَافُهُمْ عَلَى أَنْبِيَائِهِمْ ".
[رَوَاهُ الْبُخَارِيُّ]
، [وَمُسْلِمٌ]

Reference : 40 Hadith Nawawi 9English translation : Hadith 9
On the authority of Abu Dharr Jundub ibn Junadah, and Abu Abdur-Rahman Muadh bin Jabal (may Allah be pleased with him), that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: Have taqwa (fear) of Allah wherever you may be, and follow up a bad deed with a good deed which will wipe it out, and behave well towards the people. It was related by at-Tirmidhi, who said it was a hasan (good) hadeeth, and in some copies it is stated to be a hasan saheeh hadeeth.

عَنْ أَبِي ذَرٍّ جُنْدَبِ بْنِ جُنَادَةَ، وَأَبِي عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ مُعَاذِ بْنِ جَبَلٍ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمَا، عَنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه و سلم قَالَ: "اتَّقِ اللَّهَ حَيْثُمَا كُنْت، وَأَتْبِعْ السَّيِّئَةَ الْحَسَنَةَ تَمْحُهَا، وَخَالِقْ النَّاسَ بِخُلُقٍ حَسَنٍ" .
رَوَاهُ التِّرْمِذِيُّ [رقم:1987] وَقَالَ: حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ، وَفِي بَعْضِ النُّسَخِ: حَسَنٌ صَحِيحٌ

.Reference : 40 Hadith Nawawi 18English translation : Hadith 18
Original post by Incredible97
The tawakkul this brother has is just so beautiful. If it was me I would of probably cried and questioned Allah so many times yet he says "But Alhamdulilah". Clearly visible from this video the love and the high level of imaanh engrosses. May Allah grant him shifa. Aameen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY2rcEorwR0

Indeed. JZK for sharing
Ameen.

Original post by h333
That is so sad. May Allah protect the Muslims there. Ameen.

Ameen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Incredible97
The tawakkul this brother has is just so beautiful. If it was me I would of probably cried and questioned Allah so many times yet he says "But Alhamdulilah". Clearly visible from this video the love and the high level of imaanh engrosses. May Allah grant him shifa. Aameen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY2rcEorwR0

Ameen. Jzk for sharing, it was quite inspiring.
On the authority of Abu Malik al-Harith bin Asim al-Asharee (may Allah be pleased with him) who said:The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Purity is half of iman (faith). ‘Al-hamdu lillah (praise be to Allah)’ fills the scales, and ‘subhan-Allah (how far is Allah from every imperfection) and ‘Al-hamdulillah (praise be to Allah)’ fill that which is between heaven and earth. And the salah (prayer) is a light, and charity is a proof, and patience is illumination, and the Qur’an is a proof either for you or against you. Every person starts his day as a vendor of his soul, either freeing it or causing its ruin.”[Muslim]

عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الْحَارِثِ بْنِ عَاصِمٍ الْأَشْعَرِيِّ رَضِيَ اللهُ عَنْهُ قَالَ: قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه و سلم "الطَّهُورُ شَطْرُ الْإِيمَانِ، وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلَأُ الْمِيزَانَ، وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلَآنِ -أَوْ: تَمْلَأُ- مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَاءِ وَالْأَرْضِ، وَالصَّلَاةُ نُورٌ، وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ، وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ، وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَك أَوْ عَلَيْك، كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو، فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا".
[رَوَاهُ مُسْلِمٌ].

Reference : 40 Hadith Nawawi 23English translation : Hadith 23
Reply 4470
Original post by h333
Lindsay Lohan attacked for reading the Qu'ran:
https://youtu.be/_6CDeSd1B_g

yeah i seen the article on DM where she was seen holding the Quran. I wonder if shes Muslim. May Allah guide her. She also put dua on her instagram (Rabi Zidni ilma) so who knows :smile:
[video="youtube;ZJkjR_Lnkxg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJkjR_Lnkxg[/video]
Reply 4472
Reply 4473
Original post by mkap
yeah i seen the article on DM where she was seen holding the Quran. I wonder if shes Muslim. May Allah guide her. She also put dua on her instagram (Rabi Zidni ilma) so who knows :smile:

Yeah true. It's good to know she finds it interesting or makes her feel good. Ameen. Yeah I heard of that too :smile:
Going guys, have a great day!
Kudafiz :smile:
Abu Hurayrah reported that he was with the Prophet when a man came to him and told him that he had just married a woman from the Ansar. The Prophet asked him "Have you looked at her?" He replied "No!" He said:

"Look at her, because there is something in the Ansar's eyes."

[Saheeh Muslim, Sunan An Nasa'i and others]

Al Mughirah Bin Shubah and Anas Bin Malik reported that al Mughirah wanted to marry a woman, so Allah's Messenger said to him:

"Go look at her: it will then be more possible to have harmony between the two of you."

He went to her house. She was inside her bedroom, and he met her parents and told them. "Allah's Messenger instructed me to look at her." They remained speechless, but the young woman raised one side of her bedroom's curtain and said "I strongly reproach you! If Allah's Messenger instructed you to look at me, look. But if he did not, do not!" He looked at her, and then married her. He later mentioned, "No other woman attained her status (of love) with me, even though I have married more than seventy women!"

[Musnad Imam Ahmad, Mustradak Al Hakim and others. Sheikh Al Albani authenticated in Silsilat Al Ahadeeth As Saheehah 96]

Muhammad Bin Maslamah reported that the Prophet said:

"When it comes into a person's heart to court a woman, it is permissible for him to look at her."

[Sunan Ibn Majah, Musnad Ahmad nad others. Sheikh Al Albani authenticated in Silsilat Al Ahadeeth As Saheehah 98]

Jabir Bin Abdillah reported that he heard the Prophet say:

"When one of you courts a woman, if he could see of her as much as would convince him to marry her, he should do so."

Implementing this instruction, Jabir said:

"Afterwards, I wanted to marry a woman, so I used to hide to observe her - until I had seen that which led me to marrying her."

[Sunan Abi Dawud, Musnad Ahmad and others. Sheikh Al Albani said Hasan in Silsilat Al Ahadeeth As Saheehah 99 & Irwaa' Al Ghaleel 1791]

Based on the above narrations scholars have said it is permissible for a man to look at his wife before marriage and is in fact encouraged.

It is prohibited for a man to look intently at a woman if he is not her mahram. Looking at a woman for the purpose of marriage her is an obvious exception to this rule and must, therefore, fulfill certain conditions.

Abu Humayd as Sa'idi reported that Allah's Messenger said:

"When one of you courts a woman, it is permissable for him to look her if he only looks because he seeks to marry her - even if she does not know (that he is watching her).

[Musnad Ahmad & At Tabarani in Mujam Al Kabir. Sheikh Al Albani authenticated it in Silsilat Al Ahadeeth As Saheehah 97]

From these and other texts scholars derived the following conditions:

1. The difference between a casual look and the look of a man seeking marriage is that the latter is allowed to stare and repeat the look.

2. Looking should be for the purpose of marriage, and not for the purpose of fulfilling a desire or lust.

3. A man may only look at a woman who is available for him to marry, knowing that, should he propose, her family could possibly approve of him.

4. Looking should be without touching or Khulwah (privately meeting with her).

5. Scholars differed over what can be looked at. Some scholars limited the looking to the body parts that a woman is permitted to expose to strangers, namely, her face and hands. Others said Face, Hands and some of the hair. And others said Face, Hands and hair (without Khimar) such as Sheikh Bin Baaz.

Just as a man is allowed to look at his intended wife, a woman is allowed to look at her intended husband - with the above conditions, and noting that a mans awrah extend from his naval to his knees.
Original post by childofthesun
Where in France did you live?

I have family pretty much everywhere there so I'd visit different places. North of france is perhaps the only chill place...by their standards anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h333
That is so sad. May Allah protect the Muslims there. Ameen.

Ameen x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IdeasForLife
I've been wondering a for a while whether you were BasharAssad on a dupe. So is that you?
who?

Latest

Trending

Trending