Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Waiting for Chelsea to announce they have signed Balotelli in the next 48 hours :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielnkwocha)
    Yes we could do with strengthening, but the more pressing concerns of a defensive midfielder and a 4th choice CB come first.
    on our budget, its perfectly possible to do it all..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    on our budget, its perfectly possible to do it all..
    Who would you sign as a striker? And conversely, who would you drop? Pretty sure we're close to the 25 man limit now.

ReputationRep:
    Balotelli is a garbage signing for Liverpool and is not good enough for Arsenal. He averages a goal every 340 minutes from open play, poorest conversion rate in Europe and would not fit our system at all. All it takes is an offside decision, wrong call or constant man-marking to frustrate him and he will drop his work-rate and offer nothing at all for the team. Pathetic attitude for a footballer, would fit Liverpool quite well.

I can't believe some of you are so desperate that you would consider Balotelli, thinking that Arsene is some father figure that can miraculously cure all personality disorders a footballer can have. For the record if we wanted him, we would have got him, but there's a good reason why we didn't. He's worse than Le Sulk.

ReputationRep:
    Balloteli and Suarez would be an amazing combo for liverpool

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What in irritatingly unproductive and negative day.

This time next week should be better :bban:

ReputationRep:
    Cavani news picking up again.

ReputationRep:
    Who would you sign as a striker? And conversely, who would you drop? Pretty sure we're close to the 25 man limit now.
    Drop:

(from that list above)

Podolski - I love the guy, but he is past it, and should move on..
    (Loan) - Sanogo. send him away to get game-time, and see how he progresses.

As for who to purchase..

Personally I would have taken balotelli earlier in the summer.. I would have also taken mandzukic as well for his price tag..

As for who is left, well, its impossible for any of us to say, but if curcumstances allow it (PSG buy di maria for instance) then cavani could be an option.. Falcao has been gossiped to be open for a loan, and there were those rumours about Reus.. especially considering he apparently rejected personal terms with united (Implying dortmund were open to offers atleast, if it got to personal terms)

He would never be allowed to come to arsenal, but I would have also taken lukaku in a heart beat..

Its all speculation, but there have been decent strikers move this window, that could have helped to strengthen our attacking line up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Soooooooooooo when we were linked to Balotelli, he would have flopped

Now Liverpool have signed him & well.. Just go look LOL
    I personally would have loved Balotelli coming to Arsenal. A 24 year old talent like that for £16m? Yes please.

(Original post by AR_95)
    Ballotelli would have been good for us but he is not the answer to Giroud

Liverpool only bought him as back up to studge so you can't even laugh at them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe not a back-up, he will likely get played in the same format as when they had Suarez, maybe a 4-3-3:

Sturridge - Balotelli - Sterling
    Coutinho - Gerrard - Henderson

As a gooner that makes me very scared when we rely on Giroud and Sanogo.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/n...g-everton.html

Adrian Clarke's tactics piece on Saturday's match. What do we think? Alexis up front with Ozil on the left seems a bit shaky. Watching Mesut on the wing at the World Cup showed me it's really not his position, but given Cazorla's weak performances I'd be tempted to go for some more pace with Campbell.

ReputationRep:
    It's depressing looking back at the strikers we had just a few years ago then looking at now with Sanogo second choice. What happened.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone been following what Weston has been saying on twitter (used to be an agent to Gibbs and few others). Claims that sources are telling him that Sporting are considering offers for Carvalho: "likely to accept but other issues to resolve first".

He was an agent for almost three decades so you would assume there's a bit of substance there...

ReputationRep:
    For a 25 man squad, I would retain:

Spoiler:
    Show

Szczesny
    Debuchy
    Gibbs
    Mertesacker
    Koscielny
    Rosicky
    Arteta
    Wilshere
    Ozil
    Giroud
    Ospina
    Walcott
    Oxlade-Chamberlain
    Ramsey
    Sanchez
    Cazorla
    Flamini
    Chambers
    Campbell
    Gnabry
    Coquelin

That is 21, and for the other four spots I would buy 1 Striker, 1 CDM, 1 LB and 1 CB.

Get rid of:

Spoiler:
    Show

Podolski
    Monreal
    Diaby

Loan out:

Spoiler:
    Show

Sanogo
    Martinez
    Miyachi
    Zelalem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    Anyone been following what Weston has been saying on twitter (used to be an agent to Gibbs and few others). Claims that sources are telling him that Sporting are considering offers for Carvalho: "likely to accept but other issues to resolve first".

He was an agent for almost three decades so you would assume there's a bit of substance there...
    Other issues are probably either personal problems, no sufficient replacement in that position, or no guarantee of Champions League so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    Cavani news picking up again.
    Indeed, talk for €40m + Giroud, if there is a God, please let this happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenAssirati)
    Other issues are probably either personal problems, no sufficient replacement in that position, or no guarantee of Champions League so far.
    They have bought replacements for Carvalho already: Rami Rabia and Uri Rosell.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/n...g-everton.html

Adrian Clarke's tactics piece on Saturday's match. What do we think? Alexis up front with Ozil on the left seems a bit shaky. Watching Mesut on the wing at the World Cup showed me it's really not his position, but given Cazorla's weak performances I'd be tempted to go for some more pace with Campbell.
    Brilliant piece by Clarke, and I have been thinking Chambers in CDM would free up Mertesacker from having to push up to maintain a high-line, which in turn destroys us to counter attacks.

Is Gibbs definitely not match fit? I would put him in there any day over Monreal, but I guess he will do for now. I would swap Wilshere for Ozil next to Ramsey, and put Campbell in RW, swapping Ox over.

Chambo - Alexis - Campbell
    Ozil - Ramsey
    Chambers
    Monreal - Koscielny - Mert - Debuchy
    Szczesny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    They have bought replacements for Carvalho already: Rami Rabia and Uri Rosell.
    In that case it is either personal issues or CL qualification. I expect Wenger to announce someone along the lines of Carvalho, Di Maria, a top striker once (if) we beat Besiktas, and I think Manolas is a done deal either way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Indeed, talk for €40m + Giroud, if there is a God, please let this happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ew, no. They need Cavani now that Ibra is injured, which will bump up the already exorbitant price. €40m + Giroud for Ibra and I will die of joy.

ReputationRep:
    Last year was our realistic chance to win the title. Relying on Giroud as our main striker for 3 seasons in a row is pretty abysmal. Still haven't replaced RvP or Song ffs...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.