The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
26pts from Hazard (C) makes me feel slightly better about my only DGW player going off injured inside 40 minutes.

honestly didn't even consider captaining hazard - was between kane and aguero for me :/

went with sergio even though city have a tough game.
with arsenal winning, they can't afford to slip up so i expect them to go all out.

34 points from 8 players (before BPs) sounds pretty bad but when you consider my remaining 3 players are kane, silva and aguero (C), my score could potentially double if i'm lucky :tongue:

need a pick me up after liverpool humiliating themselves yet again pls.
Original post by little_wizard123
If there's a DGW, I will always captain a player playing twice. Don't think I ever missed out on a DGW captain in 10 years. :lol:

My only players with a DGW were Hutton and McCarthy. No way that I would captain one of them.

Also this game...take Sanchez out after losing the faith and then he does that. At least Giroud got something. Carzola and Bertrand flopped.

Took out Jag. a few weeks ago before the Newcastle game. Then he does that today. 23 points in the 3 games since. :sadnod:
Oh JD why would you do this to me. He will probably score every week for the rest of the season now.
Original post by ..DT..
Oh JD why would you do this to me. He will probably score every week for the rest of the season now.

Haha he didn't score once for me too but flipping scores today lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Aguero out Benteke in for me yep :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Feeling pretty smug since I captained Benteke too :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
haha jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez, mad props to the previously 2nd place team.

FATALITY

V surprised last weeks leader didn't spend a measly 4 points to draft in Austin to protect against the risk of this. I didn't, but i'm a dunce and have long since given up-ish.
(edited 9 years ago)
Really don't know what to do with Aguero now. The 3 cheap strikers option is working wonders for loads of people. May have to join them.. :awesome:
Original post by asr11
Really don't know what to do with Aguero now. The 3 cheap strikers option is working wonders for loads of people. May have to join them.. :awesome:

I dumped him for captain Benteke which obviously worked out lol. Aguero has been unlucky tbh, could get a massive haul at anytime

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asr11

Kane, Austin, Giroud up top and splash out totally on the mids. Aguero is too much money not to be scoring for more than 3 GWs...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asr11

Original post by ArsenalWenger
I dumped him for captain Benteke which obviously worked out lol. Aguero has been unlucky tbh, could get a massive haul at anytime

Posted from TSR Mobile

the problem is that to avoid a hit you'll need at least 2 FTs to transfer aguero since you don't want a load of leftover money in the bank.

in addition, even though city are hilariously bad right now, they have players like aguero and silva who can just randomly score/assist 2 or 3 and win a game almost single handedly.

i have giroud and kane up front already - i feel like there's nowhere else i could adequately improve in my team if i had all that extra money.
it's tough because i had an awful week but my team feels strong and i might keep faith in aguero.
Well Austin as captain, and Benteke has pushed me to first even though he did score a hat-trick against us :frown:
Original post by Luhar
Well Austin as captain, and Benteke has pushed me to first even though he did score a hat-trick against us :frown:

Finally overtook sr90 who I was 40 points behind then you have a stormer of a week like me and now you're 40 ahead of me :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
the problem is that to avoid a hit you'll need at least 2 FTs to transfer aguero since you don't want a load of leftover money in the bank.

in addition, even though city are hilariously bad right now, they have players like aguero and silva who can just randomly score/assist 2 or 3 and win a game almost single handedly.

i have giroud and kane up front already - i feel like there's nowhere else i could adequately improve in my team if i had all that extra money.
it's tough because i had an awful week but my team feels strong and i might keep faith in aguero.

I have 8 million spare now due to the Benteke transfer for Aguero :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asr11

He is guaranteed to score on Sunday. Quote me on it. Gonna roll over my transfer and bin him or Sturridge next week. Then use all the money on midfield...

Posted from TSR Mobile
**** me my overall ranking has tanked. 7th in here as well :/

Gonna have to play catchup next week when so many teams have blanks.
Struggling to decide what to do with my striker options.

Currently got Kane, Aguero and Sturridge. Thinking I might drop Aguero since Sturridge has the easier games till the end of the season.

Costa was the obvious replacement with Chelsea having the extra game but I don't think Remy is quite good enough to double up with Hazard..

With a lot of players missing a GW and then having a DGW, it makes it a little complicated too.
Looks like Costa is out of their DGW.
Sanchez or Rooney for this gameweek and future gameweeks?
Gomis or Remy?

Tempted to do Gomis and then double up on Chelsea with Hazard and Fabregas?
So who exactly has the DGW... Liverpool, Hull, Leicester and Chelsea? Everyone has 3 Chelsea so I'll have to add a Liverpool and/or Lesta defender. I'm not sure Sturridge would start both games in a DGW so maybe Coutinho as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest