The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peggles_*
That's because it's not a gif.

Original post by Prinz655
Tbh I can genuinely see giroud coming on and doing well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, I can't.
Reply 4882
Original post by BenAssirati
Happy with that team, although worried about the Mertesacker - Flamini - Monreal defensive force. The whole team looks a bit...small...to be honest, I can see Lukaku bullying us.

Damn - pretty close to the lineups we were discussing last night lol

Never thought Wenger would be experimental
Reply 4883
No Jamie Carragher today - makes it that little bit better
Reply 4884
What formation are we likely to run today ?

I'm thinking 4-1-4-1 with Sanchez up front

Chance that it could also be 4-3-3 with Ox/alexis/Ozil up front

Posted from TSR Mobile
I honestly think Debuchy is a defensive liability, he goes forward far too often which leaves us very vulnerable getting countered. The amount of times Chambers has been exposed because of Debuchy being too far forward is an absolute joke, he leaves far too much space behind him and expects the CB is cover him for the entire match. I hope Mert sort's him out because if Mert gets exposed we all know what happens next

He needs to find the right balance and defensive discipline imo
Original post by SHOO
Damn - pretty close to the lineups we were discussing last night lol

Never thought Wenger would be experimental

I know right, but Flamini though :/

Just realized he is playing Ozil on the wing, which for me is a huge mistake. He was deployed there during the World Cup and he wasn't great. Why not play False 9 with Ozil in the middle and Sanchez and Chamberlain flanking him?
Reply 4887

Just realized he is playing Ozil on the wing, which for me is a huge mistake. He was deployed there during the World Cup and he wasn't great. Why not play False 9 with Ozil in the middle and Sanchez and Chamberlain flanking him?

I think Wilshere and Ozil will interchange quite a lot, but we'll see Ozil play centrally a bit more..

What I'm interested in today is how Ozil links up with Sanchez - it's probably to early to see the best of that link up but it'll be nice to see glimpses of it.

Sanchez to get his first BPL goal today?
Reply 4888
Original post by sevchenko
I honestly think Debuchy is a defensive liability, he goes forward far too often which leaves us very vulnerable getting countered. The amount of times Chambers has been exposed because of Debuchy being too far forward is an absolute joke, he leaves far too much space behind him and expects the CB is cover him for the entire match. I hope Mert sort's him out because if Mert gets exposed we all know what happens next

I see what you mean, I think Wenger, Bould & Merta need to drill some more discipline into him as time progresses. He's also quite reckless - he got quite a few red cards for Newcastle didn't he?
Reply 4889
I think Ozil feels the need to prove his critics wrong this season, and my lord if he does...

Because Sanchez and Chamberlain aren't runners despite their pace, although they have played as runners on the wing it's not their favoured role. They're more creative players who like the ball to feet to run at people but require a bit of space to play.

You could play them as strikers though. Also there's the lack of height or aerial threat in the team, which against Everton is just handing them every goal kick, meaning you'll forced to play on the ground and they are very aggressive in their pressing, It's going to be hard for you to get decent possession for this reason. You're probably best off getting Giroud to hold up play for the wingers.

Anyway struggling to see you guys win this game. I think it'll be a draw, bore draw possibly.
Original post by sevchenko

He has had the pleasure of playing with Alexis on the right who has very good defensive work-rate and can cover better than most wide players. Debuchy is an upgrade to Sagna in an attacking sense, if you have noticed everything we do goes through the right hand side because of the combination of Alexis & Debuchy.

The real problem is having both fullbacks push up. If Debuchy is high up the pitch Monreal or Gibbs should be at the half way line creating a back three.
Resident Everton fan checking in :biggrin:
Original post by Peggles_*
Lol, I can't.

Well, Sanchez, despite being a brilliant player hasn't got that much of a presence and he will be screwed against 2 fairly physical centre backs for Everton. Giroud despite his poor form does give that presence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This could be a landmark game for Chamberlain.
Original post by little_tom
He has had the pleasure of playing with Alexis on the right who has very good defensive work-rate and can cover better than most wide players. Debuchy is an upgrade to Sagna in an attacking sense, if you have noticed everything we do goes through the right hand side because of the combination of Alexis & Debuchy.

The real problem is having both fullbacks push up. If Debuchy is high up the pitch Monreal or Gibbs should be at the half way line creating a back three.

I don't doubt his attacking quality hence why I said defensive liability. Debuchy is a Right Back not a Wing back his primary job is to defend and support the attack. He stays do far up the pitch it look like he's playing Right winger. Just re watch the Besiktas game. The amount of space left on the right whilst Debuchy to far forward was comical so your 3 man defence won't work.
Why is campbell in subs. He and Sanchez would make a good combo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SHOO
I think Wilshere and Ozil will interchange quite a lot, but we'll see Ozil play centrally a bit more..

What I'm interested in today is how Ozil links up with Sanchez - it's probably to early to see the best of that link up but it'll be nice to see glimpses of it.

Sanchez to get his first BPL goal today?

Hope so, Ozil should be alright today, but I doubt we will get much of the ball.

Probably not today, but we can believe, eh?
Original post by Loat
Everything has gone down the right for ages now, even with Sagna being more defensive than Debuchy.

Everything goes down the right because they don't have a natural winger on the left hand side. They haven't had one for years, Gervinho could count but I think Wenger generally has playmakers play on the left hand side that cut in and float, Nasri, Cazorla being the most recent examples I can think of.
Undone by a set piece once again, completely switched off. We need to sort this out kmt.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest