The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jo67
I scored 5466

That's fab to hear ! I'm on reserve with 6,5,6,5 in South Wales . Losing hope though
Reply 481
Original post by prinny88
That's fab to hear ! I'm on reserve with 6,5,6,5 in South Wales . Losing hope though

YOu did even better than me so keep the hope alive
(edited 7 years ago)
That's brilliant Jo really pleased for you. Also keeps us reserve listers going :biggrin:
Reply 483
Original post by trojka08
That's brilliant Jo really pleased for you. Also keeps us reserve listers going :biggrin:

THank you.. Wish you all the best of luck
I received a call today from the DWP informing me that my offer has been confirmed and was given a start date for the 4th July. I was given 2 location options not really sure which one to chose. ???
(edited 7 years ago)
Pick the one one that is easy to reach!
Does anyone know anything about training and how long it will be etc? Additionally, does anyone know anything about the hours etc? I'm a bit baffled as to why we would need to work between the hours of 8am-8pm and a Saturday when the Job centre is only open Monday -Friday 9am-5pm.
Hi I can help with the hours, all job centres from next year will be open till 8pm as part of universal credit and customers who work etc, all employees currently will also need to sign the new contract, I got told that you have to be available to work those hours which is why the application stated them before applying. I told my line manager I have childcare and they told me to sort other arrangements out! I am also expected to start at 8.30 due to meetings we don't want to miss out on, I got told this was mandatory and currently all staff will work 8.30-5pm with hour lunch and going forward when jobcentre hours change will need to work 2 late evenings a week plus 1 in 3 Saturday's.
Waiting1990 thank you so much for this valuable information. I work part time currently and would like to stick to that as like you I have a child. I doubt I will be able to take this job to be honest as even though they advertised flexible and part time hours it doesn't seem as though they are very accommodating. I was told that my line manager would let me know when I start my hours but if they are not flexible I will have to stay where I am. I don't work evenings or weekends currently so I may be better off staying where I am.
Original post by chocolatprincess
Waiting1990 thank you so much for this valuable information. I work part time currently and would like to stick to that as like you I have a child. I doubt I will be able to take this job to be honest as even though they advertised flexible and part time hours it doesn't seem as though they are very accommodating. I was told that my line manager would let me know when I start my hours but if they are not flexible I will have to stay where I am. I don't work evenings or weekends currently so I may be better off staying where I am.

im thinking the same, maybe a blessing im on the reserve. I have just had a baby and cant work until 8pm two nights a week !!
im thinking the same, maybe a blessing im on the reserve. I have just had a baby and cant work until 8pm two nights a week !!

I think it probably is a blessing that you're on the reserve list. They don't seem very flexible to me.
It really is a shame, I got 7776 in my interview and was initially told flexibility, however when I got passed to my line manager who was rather abrupt and rude, I told her my daughters nursery is open at 8am and I will struggle to get there for 8.30am, she told me that I will have to make further arrangements which I can't change my daughters nursery! I was told by her manager these hours won't be until next year but I have to prepare to do them, apparently three months before the hours go in you get a request to object them or state what you can do (I don't know how much they would agree) . Unfortunately I had to withdraw my offer because of the hours as I had such anxiety I would not be able to get there in time and stress about the future, huge shame! I also read they are a family friendly employer, I asked for term time and my line manager states no way is there anything available but possibly in the future. X
Original post by Waiting1990
It really is a shame, I got 7776 in my interview and was initially told flexibility, however when I got passed to my line manager who was rather abrupt and rude, I told her my daughters nursery is open at 8am and I will struggle to get there for 8.30am, she told me that I will have to make further arrangements which I can't change my daughters nursery! I was told by her manager these hours won't be until next year but I have to prepare to do them, apparently three months before the hours go in you get a request to object them or state what you can do (I don't know how much they would agree) . Unfortunately I had to withdraw my offer because of the hours as I had such anxiety I would not be able to get there in time and stress about the future, huge shame! I also read they are a family friendly employer, I asked for term time and my line manager stagtes no way is there anything available but possibly in the future. X

Thats such a shame you had to withdraw your application but at the end of the day you had to do what was right for you and your daughter. I have already told my current line manager that I am leaving but if my new manager says that they can't accommodate my request of flexibility I will have to withdraw my application as well. I am so anxious about this whole thing as well and I was so excited about this job.
Original post by chocolatprincess
Thats such a shame you had to withdraw your application but at the end of the day you had to do what was right for you and your daughter. I have already told my current line manager that I am leaving but if my new manager says that they can't accommodate my request of flexibility I will have to withdraw my application as well. I am so anxious about this whole thing as well and I was so excited about this job.

Well I'm sure it will be okay for you, I was just unlucky, I hope for the best anyway for you. I had so much stress from day one with it, I was offered one area first then it changed to another, then a director rang me and said 9-5 and I handed in my notice and was told start was 4th July, then my line manager rang and was so rude and said about the hours, I literally spent one evening crying with stress about how I'd do it, the next day I withdrawn my offer and luckily my work didn't want me to leave otherwise I dread to think what would of happened. I do a extremely similar role anyway, I just wanted to get into DWP as progression is good. Oh well!
Original post by Waiting1990
Well I'm sure it will be okay for you, I was just unlucky, I hope for the best anyway for you. I had so much stress from day one with it, I was offered one area first then it changed to another, then a director rang me and said 9-5 and I handed in my notice and was told start was 4th July, then my line manager rang and was so rude and said about the hours, I literally spent one evening crying with stress about how I'd do it, the next day I withdrawn my offer and luckily my work didn't want me to leave otherwise I dread to think what would of happened. I do a extremely similar role anyway, I just wanted to get into DWP as progression is good. Oh well!

Oh wow thats crazy. That sounds so stressful. I'm glad for you that your job allowed you to stay on. I hope mine will do the same if I have to withdraw my application. You had an excellent score so I'm sure you will have no problem progressing.
What areas are you both?
What areas are you both?

I'm south west London.
What areas are you both?

I'm in Warwickshire
Is there any one else awaiting confirmation for West London???
I had my offer for North London on the 16th of May. I have only received an email to fill out the form for the Disclosure Scotland two days ago. Not sure how long more it will take until they confirm the outcome of the checks... To say that it's been frustrating, is an understatement...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending