The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5140
Original post by Pete_91
Shame we don't have a plan AA to make him plan B.

Yeah, our plan A would be to buy a striker that plays different to Giroud..

So we got a plan A, a plan B and a 4-4-2 plan C
Original post by SHOO
Yeah, our plan A would be to buy a striker that plays different to Giroud..

So we got a plan A, a plan B and a 4-4-2 plan C

Exactly...
If Giroud improved his finishing he'd be so good. It's a shame that he just doesn't have that natural finishing ability.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5143
At the end of the day I'd say this is a good result for us. Goodison is far from an easy 3 points so I'm glad we managed to walk away with one. Very poor performance and it's the same achilles as last season so I'm not exactly optimistic about this season. 4th is still looking likely but I'm very happy we managed to see of a result today even after being 2 down. I don't think Liverpool will have an easy ride to 3rd so can see it being neck and neck between us.

I'm expecting 8 points from Everton and UTD now and that already puts us 6 points ahead of where we were last season. An absolute dream would be to get a point at both the Ethiad and the Bridge this season but that would be pushing it. One can hope :moon:
Reply 5144
Original post by Webster2002
Giroud is our best striker. Need to stop conceding poor goals. Özil can't wing. Never play Sanogo again. We'll hopefully be alright.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly - Giroud is our best striker and that says a lot. Someone of Girouds quality is Arsenals best striker - that's shocking.

Would Giroud get into the Chelsea, City or Liverpool side (as a first choice striker)?
Reply 5145
Original post by Pete_91
Exactly...

Hope Wenger realises this :frown:
Reply 5146
Original post by SHOO
Exactly - Giroud is our best striker and that says a lot. Someone of Girouds quality is Arsenals best striker - that's shocking.

Would Giroud get into the Chelsea, City or Liverpool side (as a first choice striker)?

Giroud was arguably our best player today so why has the hate started so fast?
Original post by SHOO

He might have gotten into Chelsea's last year. Better than Torres and Demba Ba at least.
Ramsey is joint top scorer in the league so far. 2 in 2 is not bad :yy:
Giroud isn't of the quality you would expect of an first choice Arsenal striker. But for whatever reason we haven't been able to get anyone better. So just have to work with it and play to his strengths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5150
Original post by Pete_91
I'd probably have taken a draw before kick off tbh...

For sure. I don't know why some people expected more!

Then again we really should have had the 3 points though :frown:
wilshere is just not good enough, don't know why AW still has so much faith in him, all he does is run like a headless chicken, literally. All he does is just pass the ball to someone at the edge of the area then run aimlessly into the area in hope that the ball somehow find its way back to him.
Reply 5152
Original post by AR_95
Giroud was arguably our best player today so why has the hate started so fast?

Who said I'm hating? If anything - this game proves the point that I've always stood by.

Giroud saved our ass today - and like I said he's the perfect impact sub. He came on vs city and scored a screamer, he came on today and saved us.

What we need is a ST that's better than Giroud, and have Giroud as a backup. That gives us a plan A, B & C!

We can't win much if our strike force doesn't improve - and you know it
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278
Ok this will be a thrashing.

Same old Arsenal. :lol:

Thrashing? what thrashing?

Original post by Ggmu!
I'm just sitting on my armchair laughing to myself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who is laughing now?

Original post by So Instinct
Nice to see you start where you left off last season. Looking forward to this seasons BT Adverts.

Really?

You should be worried about your team on Monday vs City...
Reply 5154
Original post by BenAssirati
He might have gotten into Chelsea's last year. Better than Torres and Demba Ba at least.

This year tho..
Original post by SHOO
This year tho..

Mate, this year he wouldn't even get into Burnley's squad as first choice.
Reply 5156
Original post by SHOO
Who said I'm hating? If anything - this game proves the point that I've always stood by.

Giroud saved our ass today - and like I said he's the perfect impact sub. He came on vs city and scored a screamer, he came on today and saved us.

What we need is a ST that's better than Giroud, and have Giroud as a backup. That gives us a plan A, B & C!

We can't much if our strike force doesn't improve - and you know it

Tbh even if we had Falcao up top we'd still be mauled by the other top sides because of how many mistakes we've been making in midfield. Everyone is saying we're lacking in the striker department and how "stacked" we are in midfield but our midfield so far has been atrocious and that's including Ramsey :/

Ofcourse I wan't another striker but I think we can still put out better performances if we cut out these mistakes and the midfield give more delivery (which there was none of at all in the first half)
Original post by AR_95
At the end of the day I'd say this is a good result for us. Goodison is far from an easy 3 points so I'm glad we managed to walk away with one. Very poor performance and it's the same achilles as last season so I'm not exactly optimistic about this season. 4th is still looking likely but I'm very happy we managed to see of a result today even after being 2 down. I don't think Liverpool will have an easy ride to 3rd so can see it being neck and neck between us.

I'm expecting 8 points from Everton and UTD now and that already puts us 6 points ahead of where we were last season. An absolute dream would be to get a point at both the Ethiad and the Bridge this season but that would be pushing it. One can hope :moon:

We could have the brazil team of 1970, the invincibles and the 2008 barca side rolled into one and turn up at the bridge and still wouldn't get anything. We're cursed.
Reply 5158
Original post by Yesss I diddd
This is the lols bit

You were saying :smile:
that was the turn around of the century but seriously Arsenal stop doing it last minute

Latest