The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chloe12218
I'm applying for learning disability nursing at Sheffield Hallam, Nottingham, York and Cumbria. Still struggling to decide on a 5th choice but I really want to get it all sent off now!

Apparently nursing places at Cumbria are full/almost full, so I'd get your application off asap
Original post by caitb97
Apparently nursing places at Cumbria are full/almost full, so I'd get your application off asap

Ahh okay!
Thanks for the heads up :smile:
im applying for child nursing at UWE, UCLAN, edge hill, salford and worcester :smile:
Original post by chloe12218
Ahh okay!
Thanks for the heads up :smile:

No problem. Best of luck with your application :smile:
Reply 564
I've applied for mental health nursing 2 unis were full 1 turned me down and I have 2 more one I have a interview for the 15th of jab and worcester haven't gave me a response yet????? Why

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kittiara
Hiya! I noticed that you haven't received a response yet. Which universities have you applied to? If you look down the front page of the forum, you will find sub-forums for a wide variety of universities. In those sub-forums, there's usually an applicants thread, so you should be able to find other students waiting for offers/interviews there. Good luck! :smile:

Oh i applied to, kings, middlesex, greenwich and LSB
Sent my application off Thursday, got receipt of application emails from UWE and Brookes yesterday. I'm guessing there isn't much chance of them giving out interviews over the weekend so next week seems a long way away seeing as it looks like they've been giving out interview invitations pretty quickly :tongue:
Has anyone applied to uni of Hertfordshire? X
Reply 568
Original post by Twirlycurlygirl
I had an interview at Oxford Brookes Swindon camput this week. It was lovely, as relaxed as an interview can be and all of the staff their were very friendly and welcoming. No trick questions or anything like that. You'll be fine! Are you going to Oxford or Swindon? :smile:

Thank-you! I have an interview at the oxford campus, i am so nervous as its my first choice. Did you have to do an essay after the group discussion? what was the question? :smile:
i've had in interview is brookes and a few questions about nursing however when i had it they left the room so i was talking to the other girl about the questions and the best ways to word the answers. I ran out of time in one so they just asked me in the interview the one to one was about 35 mins so they really like to get to know you, but everyone was lovely and i got an offer so wouldn't worry to much about the written task :smile:
heya....just was rather concerned to read that some universities are full for nursing?....how is this possible if they don't officially close the applications until Jan. I know the earlier you get the application in the better, but how can they be full. It's december tomorrow. I sent my application a week ago. Have i missed my chance???? :frown:
Original post by tbrehaut
heya....just was rather concerned to read that some universities are full for nursing?....how is this possible if they don't officially close the applications until Jan. I know the earlier you get the application in the better, but how can they be full. It's december tomorrow. I sent my application a week ago. Have i missed my chance???? :frown:

They probably won't be full, they can't be as its not fair on the people who are applying. It may be that they have filled the places that they have but they will give more offers than places because not everyone will apply for the same university and same course. As long as you have applied by the deadline you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by caitb97

Is this for March 2015 or September 2015? I thought all applications in before January 15th would be given equal consideration?
Original post by tbrehaut

I think unis have a quota of places they can give before the Jan deadline and then a quota after. Most of the higher up unis do operate on a first come, first served basis though, that's what my college told me anyways!
Reply 574
Hey guys, has anyone heard from kings college london yet? I've heard from all of mine expect kings and I'm getting a bit worried!
Original post by Livs95
Hey guys, has anyone heard from kings college london yet? I've heard from all of mine expect kings and I'm getting a bit worried!

I havent heard from kings either, maybe the wait untill everyones applied or something :smile:
Original post by charliejanexo
I havent heard from kings either, maybe the wait untill everyones applied or something :smile:

Kings got back to me two weeks after I sent my application and invited me to do a test.

Sometimes they get to people quicker or longer.

They will come back to you all soon :biggrin:

Good Luck!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Caykon
A friend is going to Brooke's on the 2nd, I've already been there and have been offered a place. It is a very relaxed interview at Brooke's :-)

Hi I have been offered at place a DMU and was wondering if you knew about the process for the DBS check and the health check?

Thanks
Reply 578
Has anyone been offered a place at Bedfordshire uni? or has anyone got interviews at Kingston uni or Anglia ruskin uni? :smile:
Reply 579
Has anyone got an interview for mental health nursing at keele on the 11th December? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending