The Student Room Group

Best careers in healthcare

What is the most rewarding career in healthcare aside from medicine? I was thinking of doing pharmacy but I’m hearing that it is a dying career I’m also thinking of dentistry but idk.
Reply 1
Original post by Aguf
What is the most rewarding career in healthcare aside from medicine? I was thinking of doing pharmacy but I’m hearing that it is a dying career I’m also thinking of dentistry but idk.

There are so so many to choose from. It depends where your own interest lies. There’s different branches of nursing (Adult, Child, Mental Health and Learning Disability). All of which lead to varying things and you can further it by training to become an Advanced Clinical Practitioner. There’s Midwifery. You could also go down the route of Operating Department Practitioner (operations and stuff). There’s dentistry. There’s Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists. There’s so so many to choose from, have a look at the NHS Health Careers website as this will give a brief overview into each of the different careers you could potentially pursue :smile:

These are all rewarding in their own ways and are only some of the potential careers you could choose from. No two days are the same either and it genuinely depends where your interest is but they are all so rewarding to do
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest