The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Adult Nursing Degree students?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by april93
hi my name is april im 19 abit confused as to how these thread work anyways i wanted to ask wil kings
accept btec level 3 extended equals to 3alevels health and social care for children nursing i really want to go to
this uni and upset if i wont be able to get in with a btec :'( :frown:

Hey, yeah they should accept that, I applied for Adult Nursing with BTEC National Diploma (worth 2 a levels), and I had one other A Level and they accepted that :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 41
I am studying adult nursing at kings in September!! I'm so excited I'm from Birmingham so is a big move. Anyone moving into Canterbury halls?? I want at least a few friends before I get there! Haha :smile:
Reply 42
Heyy!!

Seems like i'm going to be joining you guys as I'm also going to be studying Adult Nursing at Kings!! Well done to you all!!!
Reply 43
what grades do u need to get a conditional offer frm kings college and what experience. what did u all put on personal statement to get offers? and what grades did u get at AS? and what predictions got sent off? thank u
Reply 44
Conditional offer is based on a variety of things, such as grades, your personal statement, experience and your addmissions tests and interviews. With regards to grades, I done an Access course in Nursing. The requirements for an Access course for adult nursing is 30 credits at Distinction level.

For A-Levels, Kings requirements are BBB including a science subject.

Personal statments should show your knowledge on how demanding the occupation and the studying is to be an adult nurse. You should also talk about relevent experience in the healthcare profession, whether its professionally or personally, and emphasise the skills you have gained and how that will help you in being a successful adult nurse. Universities are looking for the skills you have that are consistently needed in a nurse and how you can use them.

I hope this helps :smile:
Hi, im starting my adult nursing degree at kings in september aswell, looking forward to meeting every1. Any1 know how many poeple are on the course?xx
Hi, im starting my adult nursing degree at kings in september aswell, looking forward to meeting every1. Any1 know how many poeple are on the course?xx
Hi everyone :smile: just wondering has anyone got their e-mail to set up their IT account yet? :smile:
does anyone know when we get our timetables?

Reply 49
Helloooo

Nope i'm yet to recieve the information to set up the IT account.

With regards to timetables, I'm under the impression we get them when we enrol.
Reply 50
Original post by LaraaCroft
Heyy!!

Seems like i'm going to be joining you guys as I'm also going to be studying Adult Nursing at Kings!! Well done to you all!!!

Hey i'm looking to apply this year to Kings Nursing for 2014. Could you please tell me, when did you have interview. What questions they asked at the interview. Thanks
Reply 51
I got my email and enrolled online, hope everyone gt there's too. ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Hey guys congrats on getting into Kings Nursing. Hoping to be in your position this tine nxt year. Just asking if you please have any tips for the interview, and tests? Info will be greatly appreciated.
Yep I finally got the IT email and I'm all set up too now and enrolled. I'm so excited to get over there now :biggrin:
Reply 54
Original post by sewa1804
Hey i'm looking to apply this year to Kings Nursing for 2014. Could you please tell me, when did you have interview. What questions they asked at the interview. Thanks

Hi there,

I didn't participate in an interview as we had a group discussion... myself and other students that were in the room had to pretend we were nurses in a retirement home and we was given a budget of £100 to throw the residents a christmas party. we was given half an hour to draw up a plan and then 10 mins at the end to feedback.

Hope this gives you an idea on what to lookout for next year, best of luck :smile:
Reply 55
Anyone registered and ready to enrol on the 16th??

I have a feeling because the 16th is also an induction, we get our timetables then... I hope so anyway!!
where are most people staying?
im worried im like the only one doing adult nursing and staying in intercollegiate halls :L
also, i cant find any information anywhere about our holiday?

i just want to know how many weeks holiday we get at kings and OUR semester dates

the website is not very helpful! :angry:
Reply 58
Hi there,

I didn't participate in an interview as we had a group discussion... myself and other students that were in the room had to pretend we were nurses in a retirement home and we was given a budget of £100 to throw the residents a christmas party. we was given half an hour to draw up a plan and then 10 mins at the end to feedback.

Hope this gives you an idea on what to lookout for next year, best of luck :smile:

Thank you very much :biggrin:
Reply 59
Anyone registered and ready to enrol on the 16th??

I have a feeling because the 16th is also an induction, we get our timetables then... I hope so anyway!!

Yeh I have to register on the 16th to
I would hope we do get out timetables to

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest