The Student Room Group

Somalia to be the 7th largest oil producer in the world

Scroll to see replies

Maybe we or America should just invade or annex them.
Original post by Skip_Snip
Maybe we or America should just invade or annex them.

I'd be fine with that personally. I'd be pretty confident that things would improve.
Original post by Rakas21
I'd be fine with that personally. I'd be pretty confident that things would improve.

Well they could hardly could any worse.
Want be long till Somalia turns into Libya and Iraq then.

Lets hope thats not the case though. :frown:
Original post by MatureStudent36
I'm always amazed as to why oil tends to be found in flash point parts of the world.

It's because God's a ****.
Original post by MatureStudent36
Well they could hardly could any worse.

Oh it could get much much worse, but we hope good comes out.
Hoping patriotism wins over self interests and lining pockets with £$
The sooner we find renewable energy the sooner we won't have to care when a third world dump that is beyond hope finds some oil. If Somalia wants to make itself rich and powerful it should do it the proper way. Through colonialism.
Original post by thunder_chunky
The sooner we find renewable energy the sooner we won't have to care when a third world dump that is beyond hope finds some oil. If Somalia wants to make itself rich and powerful it should do it the proper way. Through colonialism.

Haha. Don't you mean free trade and democracy?
Original post by felamaslen
Haha. Don't you mean free trade and democracy?

Err.....yeah.
And that can be the reason why this country is left in tormoil while we rob them of their black gold.
I'm loving the hate filled jealous replies.

We will turn our country around regardless of what anyone says. It's only a dump because of all the fighting. That's finally resolved in my country. Colonialism and talk of invasion is you thinking this is a game of Call of Duty. It's a myth.

No one's going to do nada. We will be as self sufficient and mega rich as the Arabs. Don't worry though, we'll throw some scraps your way to pay for your measly gas/petrol.

I've just started the process and so far so good.
Original post by mimilovell
And that can be the reason why this country is left in tormoil while we rob them of their black gold.

And how do you plan to do that? Sit in front of ur computer thinking up ways of sounding witty online? You jealous peasant!
Original post by thunder_chunky

Been through that already. But by the grace of God we acted to and faught a mad 20yr war and the white man just upped and left because they couldn't manipulate their way in the middle of a war zone. Fast forward 20years and all our kids are wiser and understand the meaning of it all. We know what real evil is and what you leaches want.

So yea.. ... Go to your local store and try extracting bio fuel from a lemon. Good luck.

Or how about signing up to the jathropa myth instead. I hear you can grow enough in your backyard to light up a cigarette.
Original post by RightfullyMine
Been through that already. But by the grace of God we acted to and faught a mad 20yr war and the white man just upped and left because they couldn't manipulate their way in the middle of a war zone. Fast forward 20years and all our kids are wiser and understand the meaning of it all. We know what real evil is and what you leaches want.

So yea.. ... Go to your local store and try extracting bio fuel from a lemon. Good luck.

Or how about signing up to the jathropa myth instead. I hear you can grow enough in your backyard to light up a cigarette.

This is why Somalia is poor. An attitude like this. You don't understand that to get rich you need to engage in free trade, not tribalism.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending