Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Aussie TV crew visits migrants in Sweden: culturally enriched in less than a minute Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Why would you be wary of them? If the particular person was a threat then obviously they should be deferred elsewhere or suffer idc. Btw when you say be wary , if you are referring to terrorists idc what happens to them.
    I think the stories of the Cologne attacks (and elsewhere), the videos of migrants tearing stuff apart and attacking people, the stories of gang rapes, the fact that police in certain towns in Sweden and Germany have told women not to go out at night alone because of them, the fact that Germany now has women-only train carriages because of increased sexual abuse from migrants, and knowledge of the societies that many of them come from, are reasons why people might be wary, justified or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    If that's truly the case then why are Somalians the least employed ethnic group in Britain?
    Majority of Somalians are first wave immigrants , whereas other ethnic groups such as Indians have a much longer history with Britain. Obviously , there are those who simply just want to live off the dole and see it as an easier life but this is true for every ethnic group. The majority of those who arrived in the late 90's are at a disadvantage according some stats i checked , the employment is relatively high for those who arrived earlier ( x4 more in professional occupations)

Mainly i'd say it's due to laziness , lack of education and also the small period of time which the bulk of the Somali diaspora within the Uk have had to prepare for life in Britain.

ReputationRep:
    Majority of Somalians are first wave immigrants , whereas other ethnic groups such as Indians have a much longer history with Britain. Obviously , there are those who simply just want to live off the dole and see it as an easier life but this is true for every ethnic group. The majority of those who arrived in the late 90's are at a disadvantage according some stats i checked , the employment is relatively high for those who arrived earlier ( x4 more in professional occupations)

Mainly i'd say it's due to laziness , lack of education and also the small period of time which the bulk of the Somali diaspora within the Uk have had to prepare for life in Britain.
    So they're fleeing from destitution and FGM but they're lazy? So why is it that some parents take their daughters to Somalia in the holidays to get FGM done to them?

It's funny how you say I'm racist when I'm basing my views on stats and facts.

ReputationRep:
    So they're fleeing from destitution and FGM but they're lazy? So why is it that some parents take their daughters to Somalia in the holidays to get FGM done to them?

It's funny how you say I'm racist when I'm basing my views on stats and facts.
    Well if they are able to settle into a much easier lifestyle , they prolly become adjusted to the dole life , i.e become lazy. I don't know why FGM is prevalent , my family doesn't partake it since it's abhorrent.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao at the wannabe thug who got run over by a grandad on a mobility scooter :rofl:

He'll never be able to live that down :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    Well if they are able to settle into a much easier lifestyle , they prolly become adjusted to the dole life , i.e become lazy. I don't know why FGM is prevalent , my family doesn't partake it since it's abhorrent.
    Racist- A person who believes a race is superior to others.

I suggest you look up the meaning before you jump around and start screaming racist.

ReputationRep:
    Oh Lord that old guy on the scooter is now my hero :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    At this point, my idea of 'cultural enrichment' on TSR would be a debate thread not typified by disingenuous rhetoric and asinine posturing between partisan hacks who think a formulaic soundbite delivered in a vaguely sardonic manner is the epitome of incisive critique. Just shut the **** up.

ReputationRep:
    Racist- A person who believes a race is superior to others.

I suggest you look up the meaning before you jump around and start screaming racist.

I'm not screaming though :L I'd say ur borderline racist if that makes you feel any better.

ReputationRep:
    Respect to the mobility scooter guy.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.