The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zuzu096
cool, well done! did they give you one before an open day/ interview? :smile:

I should have one because I've already done my a levels, but they've still left it as conditional - the condition being I attend an open day (which I've done)

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, mine had no condition at all... I also got my a-level equivalent last year so I guess I'm lucky! 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 581
Original post by NatRichmond
Straight biology. You?

Neuroscience. The problem is I'm not sure if I'm going to take the offer so I don't want to waste money flying to London if I'm not going to firm it.
is accomodation given on a first come first served basis?
hey has anyone got offers for mechanical engineering yet?
I have ABB grades at A2 and an E in AS, A narrowly missing A*, i applied for mechanical engineering, i faced extenuating circumstances in the first year which led to not so spectacular grades, requirements are AAB, any chance at an unconditional offer?
Anyone retook year 12 have an offer?
Original post by ericchan
would you mind me to ask what is your predicted grade?

No problem they're A*AB :smile:
Original post by hiphopopotomus
No problem they're A*AB :smile:

When did you apply for it ?
are you going to firm it and which one do u put as ur save?
Original post by ericchan
When did you apply for it ?
are you going to firm it and which one do u put as ur save?

Mid November, yes I will and either Manchester or Leeds.. You?
Original post by solarplexus
is accomodation given on a first come first served basis?

From what I understand, priority is given to those who firm UCL. One is then asked to complete a questionnaire and accommodation is randomly allocated on those bases (e.g. whether you want to be close or far from UCL, student hall or housing, etc.). From what I've heard, you have little control over the specifics - I'm pretty sure you can't choose which hall you want to be in, for example.
Guys if you are going to firm or insure UCL, could u join this page?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1376676119307788/
Original post by judytwoshoes
Yes, for History, politics and economics!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you get in your a levels? I feel I fit the requirements but I'm afraid I didn't really shape my statement in context to Russia or Easyern Europe though I made references to the Cold War!
Original post by Ashklins
What did you get in your a levels? I feel I fit the requirements but I'm afraid I didn't really shape my statement in context to Russia or Easyern Europe though I made references to the Cold War!

I'm French so I have a French baccalaureate- I got 18,47/20 as my mean grade with the equivalent of an A* in history and geography, economics and politics , maths, English and philosophy. And an A in most of the other subjects.
I didn't really shape my PS around Russia but I talked about the concept of communism, it's implications in politics, society, economy and how it changed from the first theories (Marx,...) to totalitarian regimes such a the USSR and other soviet countries! And I also wrote about human rights and other things...
What about you? What a-levels are you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm French so I have a French baccalaureate- I got 18,47/20 as my mean grade with the equivalent of an A* in history and geography, economics and politics , maths, English and philosophy. And an A in most of the other subjects.
I didn't really shape my PS around Russia but I talked about the concept of communism, it's implications in politics, society, economy and how it changed from the first theories (Marx,...) to totalitarian regimes such a the USSR and other soviet countries! And I also wrote about human rights and other things...
What about you? What a-levels are you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm taking history, economics, math and English literature and am predicted 3A* and an A in literature.

I focused on China and USA and a shift in economic and political hegemony and the implications it will have economically and politically in context and with reference to the Cold War.
I'm taking history, economics, math and English literature and am predicted 3A* and an A in literature.

I focused on China and USA and a shift in economic and political hegemony and the implications it will have economically and politically in context and with reference to the Cold War.

And did you hear anything back yet?
Where else did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
And did you hear anything back yet?
Where else did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope I applied on 15 October!
LSE Warwick and Oxford.
Nope I applied on 15 October!
LSE Warwick and Oxford.

I also applied on 15 October... I got rejected from Oxford, and I'm still waiting for PPE at ucl, king's and Econ and IR at st andrews

Posted from TSR Mobile
The ones who have an offer for maths: what's with the step support? Is it free? Are there video lessons? Or documents?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dianav99
The ones who have an offer for maths: what's with the step support? Is it free? Are there video lessons? Or documents?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh it is. And there are loads of resources from MEI.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So which is true cause i put a lot of questions:smile:) it's free?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I saw a couple of you received offers for english, do you remember how long it took ucl to give you an answer? I've been waiting for about 2 months now... don't know if I should be worried

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending