Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Gotta agree with sev on this one. Walcott is useless up front.

ReputationRep:
    I've been saying it for ages but no "Because he can run in from behind". Glad that's settled then.

ReputationRep:
    Theo just needs consistency tbh, no good putting him on for one game then benching my man for like 3-4 games, although that being said Giroud would have easily banged Theo's misses today. WE JUST NEED SOMEONE ****ING CLINICAL UPFRONT, THAT IS ALL WENGER.

ReputationRep:
    oh maybe a central midfielder too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    Theo just needs consistency tbh, no good putting him on for one game then benching my man for like 3-4 games, although that being said Giroud would have easily banged Theo's misses today. WE JUST NEED SOMEONE ****ING CLINICAL UPFRONT, THAT IS ALL WENGER.

What do you think about Lukaku? Would you pay over the odds for him? Seems like our level of signing tbh. We ain't getting the likes of Lewa, we have not got the power to do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.x.Gotze)
    What do you think about Lukaku? Would you pay over the odds for him? Seems like our level of signing tbh. We ain't getting the likes of Lewa, we have not got the power to do that.
    This is what i'm saying, we shouldn't have to be in this situation if Wenger did the business way earlier and panic buying a pile of **** when we deserve much better. Lukaku is decent, his stats for last season were on point aswell 20 goals and about 7 assists (I think?), good pace and strength, also has that fear factor about him but how much of an upgrade is he on on Giroud? Anything we'll buy is gonna be overpriced too..

ReputationRep:
    This is what i'm saying, we shouldn't have to be in this situation if Wenger did the business way earlier and panic buying a pile of **** when we deserve much better. Lukaku is decent, his stats for last season were on point aswell 20 goals and about 7 assists (I think?), good pace and strength, also has that fear factor about him but how much of an upgrade is he on on Giroud? Anything we'll buy is gonna be overpriced too..
    True, I think in hindsight giving Walcott that contract was dumb. Should have just let him piss off to Lolerpool and sign Lacazette as his replacement as a wing forward. Walcott has done the square root of **** all so far this season, offers nothing in the centre.

Lukaku is someone that is a typical Wenger striker, can be developed into something better than he currently is too. We ain't getting ready made WC strikers, we're incapable of doing so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Did you watch the game? Cause it was obvious to everybody that Theo's pace is useless against teams that park the bus and that he wasn't doing well upfront. He missed good chances too. Giroud should have started and Theo should have been brought on later when the game started to open up.

we've only scored 1 goal, our entire front 3 isn't delivering atm. At least with Giroud his CF play is lightyears ahead of Theo's
    Yes I did. I'm not comparing him to Theo. I'm saying he's not good enough to play up top for us. I know I say the same thing every day and week but it's so frustrating! Sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    But it's hard to think who we can realistically buy. It may be that we end up with Hernandez!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It's ok you have Danny Welbeck

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Danny_welbeck_3225744b.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  165.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't Giroud have a good record at St. James. Kinda cutting off your nose to spit your face really.

Scenes when you put in a cheeky bid for Chamakh at 10pm on Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Doesn't Giroud have a good record at St. James. Kinda cutting off your nose to spit your face really.

What is your opinion on Arsenal fans?

ReputationRep:
    #salty

ReputationRep:
    I have to admire Shed's commitment. Chelsea get embarrassed at the Bridge & he still wums the Arsenal thread.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by The Shed End)

4 hours after the window closes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    4 hours after the window closes?
    It doesn't close at midnight?

Would it really surprise you anyway?

ReputationRep:
    That stat..

53 shots.. 3 goals, two of which were own goals

Top notch banter from our attackers

ReputationRep:
    It's like the banter era in reverse - our strikers can't score but our defence is great.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's just a bit of a blip to be honest. I'm pretty sure you can count the number of games where we failed to score last season on one hand, albeit Wenger really does need to get us a top-notch striker or else we'll just revert to steamrolling **** teams as per and falling short against any big challenges we come across.

This window was the chance to really push on and get the last pieces of the jigsaw, but Wenger just thinks 'cohesion' and 'solidarity' will get us there, which I really doubt will happen. This team has been together far too long and you'd expect more than what we've seen this year.

I really do hope we make a major signing; if not, then surely people can question why a team with our resources only spends £10m - an absolute middle finger to the fanbase to be honest. To speculate, you'd expect that money to be invested for a huge splurge next summer for a truly world class striker, then Wenger would give it his last shot before he possibly steps down in 2017, and that's when we can finally evolve away from this prudent circular pattern we always follow.

Hope he makes me eat my words.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.