The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Danny_welbeck_3225744b.jpg
Doesn't Giroud have a good record at St. James. Kinda cutting off your nose to spit your face really.

Scenes when you put in a cheeky bid for Chamakh at 10pm on Tuesday.
Original post by The Shed End
Doesn't Giroud have a good record at St. James. Kinda cutting off your nose to spit your face really.

What is your opinion on Arsenal fans?
#salty
I have to admire Shed's commitment. Chelsea get embarrassed at the Bridge & he still wums the Arsenal thread.
Original post by The Shed End

4 hours after the window closes?
Original post by sr90
4 hours after the window closes?

It doesn't close at midnight?

Would it really surprise you anyway?
Reply 6027
That stat..

53 shots.. 3 goals, two of which were own goals

Top notch banter from our attackers
It's like the banter era in reverse - our strikers can't score but our defence is great.
I think it's just a bit of a blip to be honest. I'm pretty sure you can count the number of games where we failed to score last season on one hand, albeit Wenger really does need to get us a top-notch striker or else we'll just revert to steamrolling **** teams as per and falling short against any big challenges we come across.

This window was the chance to really push on and get the last pieces of the jigsaw, but Wenger just thinks 'cohesion' and 'solidarity' will get us there, which I really doubt will happen. This team has been together far too long and you'd expect more than what we've seen this year.

I really do hope we make a major signing; if not, then surely people can question why a team with our resources only spends £10m - an absolute middle finger to the fanbase to be honest. To speculate, you'd expect that money to be invested for a huge splurge next summer for a truly world class striker, then Wenger would give it his last shot before he possibly steps down in 2017, and that's when we can finally evolve away from this prudent circular pattern we always follow.

Hope he makes me eat my words.
Glad we've all reached the conclusion I reached a month ago that St is a priority over cdm....
Coming to the transfer deadline, it's Wenger's banter time. Kokor-in, Kokor-out, you shake it all about.
Should have gotten Jackson Martinez earlier in the summer.

I would argue that dm isn't a priority at all, Coquelin can play that role well and Arteta showed against Palace that he isn't that bad.What we need is a leader, someone who isn't afraid to put in the challenges and someone the team can get behind, someone who won't duck from the ****ing ball. Chelsea have Terry, City have Kompany, United even have Rooney. We haven't had that since Vieira, Vidal isn't a dm, but he would've been perfect.

A clinical striker is vital though.
Just because we can't score atm doesn't really warrant buying a new striker at this stage of the window unless a world class option turns up. We're one of the best attacking teams in the league we're gunna score 70+ goals in the league this season regardless if another striker is brought in.

Signing another doesn't really guarantee other areas of the team magically improve. I hate the idea that we should rely on one striker to score a large portion of our goals, for obvious reasons it's detrimental. We need to demand more for Santi, Ramsey, Welbeck, Ozil, Theo and OX in terms of goals, they have all squandered alot of chances.

We still need a CDM imo Arteta is only good enough to close out the last 20min of matches, Coq needs someone to mount a credible challenge against him for his role. He shouldn't be undisputed DM in this team. Another DM also gives of a defensive minded option in important away games too
CDM isn't priority right now, we can have all the defensive tonk c*nts in the team who will make a ****ing meal of our opposition but if we have nobody clinical upfront then what good is it? Also Ozil is made pretty much redundant if we don't have that clinical forward upfront ... We need someone who's not gonna tikki takka all the way into the 6yd box to try and score...
Wenger surely can't refuse a potentially free transfer (Michu)
Wenger pls sign Gomis xoxo
@sr90 Welbeck would've done you nicely rn ey? :rofl:
Original post by Stefano93
@sr90 Welbeck would've done you nicely rn ey? :rofl:

I don't see how swapping one poverty striker who can't finish with another poverty striker who can't finish would change anything
God I love a united meltdown

Latest