Reply 6480
Pedrobear

That compromises things, right?

Do you ever use the X7, by the way? :awesome:

too right it bloody compromises things.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

yeah man :smile: dyoou?
Pedrobear
Weak kid. :awesome:

:sigh: I was 6, don't be hating on me foo'.
bex285
too right it bloody compromises things.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Suddenly, bex and pedrobear realise who they are. They are time travellers from the year 1337 AD. They are husband and wife.
bex285

Yep, very often.

The amount of times we've probably been in the same bus.

:awesome:
Reply 6484
Madjackismad
Suddenly, bex and pedrobear realise who they are. They are time travellers from the year 1337 AD. They are husband and wife.

i dont get it :frown:
Reply 6485
Pedrobear
Yep, very often.

The amount of times we've probably been in the same bus.

:awesome:

ooooo that's weird :|
Deku Tree:

blabhalbhalh legend blahblahlah hyrule blahblhalh Navi blahblhalh stones blhablhslha forest blahbalhslhsl goddesses blhalbhalhbla brb dying blahblhba

STFU.
Pedrobear
Deku Tree:

blabhalbhalh legend blahblahlah hyrule blahblhalh Navi blahblhalh stones blhablhslha forest blahbalhslhsl goddesses blhalbhalhbla brb dying blahblhba

STFU.

That town, where at night, zombies come out. :afraid:
Madjackismad
That town, where at night, zombies come out. :afraid:

Never...been...so...disturbed...yet...aroused...mmm...well....except...that...one...time...
Reply 6489
Pedrobear
Deku Tree:

STFU.

You confuse meeeee :woo:
omg where did noddy face go? :|
Reply 6490
lol i'm working at 9.
bex285
lol i'm working at 9.

Yuck.

Are you alright? :hugs: You seem a little off.
Reply 6492
Ahh off to work in an hour

Then i'm off monday exam tuesday off wednesday and work thursday

lol. Life is busy
Madjackismad

If you were given the choice between having your head stamped in by a group of neds, or going down on Susan Boyle, what shoes would you ask them to wear?
Pedrobear
If you were given the choice between having your head stamped in by a group of neds, or going down on Susan Boyle, what shoes would you ask them to wear?

What shoes would I ask the neds to wear? Or the person going down on Susan Boyle?

I would ask them to wear slippers that have really soft soles. :cool:
Reply 6495
What's effective about the parenthesis in "My Last Duchess"?

:nothing:
LuhLah
What's effective about the parenthesis in "My Last Duchess"?

:nothing:

Ahh, Robert Browning. I did Porphyria's Lover, I've read 'My Last Duchess' though. I think the parenthesis is effective, because it allows the reader to see the narrator is rambling on...I think.

Are you asked to look at how the poem comprises of rhyming pentameter lines? Like enjambement?
Reply 6497
I got it.

It's used in a context where the duke is describing his painting of his last wife, who he killed, to his ultra mega servant person. The parenthesis says that the duke never shows anyone else the painting, so the servant should be honoured. Therefore, it shows that the duke is arrogant and self centered due to him thinking that his actions should be glorifyed, as he considers himself so exclusive.

:dontknow:
Reply 6498
Madjackismad
Ahh, Robert Browning. I did Porphyria's Lover, I've read 'My Last Duchess' though. I think the parenthesis is effective, because it allows the reader to see the narrator is rambling on...I think.

Are you asked to look at how the poem comprises of rhyming pentameter lines? Like enjambement?

Oh, I got that the iambic pentameter shows the duke's skill and that he has been well educated, as it's hard to maintain such a rythm in such regulation, and that therefore connotes that he is snobbish and a show off, therefore promoting his self-centered character.
LuhLah
I got it.

It's used in a context where the duke is describing his painting of his last wife, who he killed, to his ultra mega servant person. The parenthesis says that the duke never shows anyone else the painting, so the servant should be honoured. Therefore, it shows that the duke is arrogant and self centered due to him thinking that his actions should be glorifyed, as he considers himself so exclusive.

:dontknow:

That's good. :yep: Are you doing 'Porphyria's Lover' to compare? Another excellent poem by Browning, more shocking though.

Latest