Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent applicants 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by haj26
Hey guys,

I got a conditional offer for International Relations a couple of weeks ago. Anyone else studying the course? It would be great to know someone before starting
:smile:

Also is anyone looking at single-sex accommodation?

I'm doing psychology, when I went to visit The Glasshouse they said that you can request to be in a flat with the same sex and it says on Russell Views website that you can request too :smile:
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 741
Original post by Nabiha06
I'm doing psychology, when I went to visit The Glasshouse they said that you can request to be in a flat with the same sex and it says on Russell Views website that you can request too :smile:

I don't know if I want to apply for private accommodation as there will probably be more 2nd and 3rd years than 1st. I really like the look of Gill Street South and when I called to enquire, they said that they have flats in all residences for those that want to stay in single sex accommodation which was great to hear!! Are you looking to stay in single sex accommodation too?
Reply 742
Original post by haj26
I don't know if I want to apply for private accommodation as there will probably be more 2nd and 3rd years than 1st. I really like the look of Gill Street South and when I called to enquire, they said that they have flats in all residences for those that want to stay in single sex accommodation which was great to hear!! Are you looking to stay in single sex accommodation too?

Most second a third years get a house, there are more than there is at university accomodation but nothing to effect your decision so don't let that stop you from looking at Private because they're really good for the price :biggrin:
Original post by haj26

Yeah I am :smile: a lot of 1st years go for private as well cos it's cheaper and some places are even nicer but it's up to you :smile:
What's sad is someone vi know went to a boarding school had all the support and still ends at polytechnic trendy trent ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 745
Original post by Sezena
Most second a third years get a house, there are more than there is at university accomodation but nothing to effect your decision so don't let that stop you from looking at Private because they're really good for the price :biggrin:

Yeah I am :smile: a lot of 1st years go for private as well cos it's cheaper and some places are even nicer but it's up to you :smile:

Hmmm it's worth considering as it would save me a lot of money, do you guys have any recommendations for accommodation near the university? Also have you seen any of these residencies? I live quite a distance away so it'll be difficult for me to go down and see for myself:smile:
Hey guys! Good luck with all your applications into Nottingham Trent :smile:

Check out and join the link below - it provides UK university offer holders & applicants some great information on the lead up to freshers week!

So click 'JOIN' & make sure you share amongst your friends who are also going to uni this year!

facebook.com/events/742712939169549/
Does anyone know what's the best floor/block to book in Byron? Also how do you choose how many people are in your flat when you come to book it🙈x
Reply 748
Original post by alouise_x
Does anyone know what's the best floor/block to book in Byron? Also how do you choose how many people are in your flat when you come to book itx

Personally I think the best floors would be the top floors as you would be furthest away from the student union bar downstairs, which means little to no noise going up to your room. When you go to book you should be able to see how many rooms are in each flat meaning that you can see how many people would be living with you before you make the booking.
Original post by haj26
Personally I think the best floors would be the top floors as you would be furthest away from the student union bar downstairs, which means little to no noise going up to your room. When you go to book you should be able to see how many rooms are in each flat meaning that you can see how many people would be living with you before you make the booking.

Aw thank you, yeah I was hoping to be at the top!hopefully the top floors won't all be booked by the time booking opens for conditional offers haha :smile:
Reply 750
Original post by alouise_x
Aw thank you, yeah I was hoping to be at the top!hopefully the top floors won't all be booked by the time booking opens for conditional offers haha :smile:

You're welcome:smile: & hopefully you'll get the accommodation of your choice!! What are you studying if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by haj26
You're welcome:smile: & hopefully you'll get the accommodation of your choice!! What are you studying if you don't mind me asking?

Hopefully Ahaha and fashion communication and promotion, don't think I'm going to get the grades but ah well I can hope!:smile: haha
Original post by haj26
Hmmm it's worth considering as it would save me a lot of money, do you guys have any recommendations for accommodation near the university? Also have you seen any of these residencies? I live quite a distance away so it'll be difficult for me to go down and see for myself:smile:

I went to see Trinity square on Saturday. It was really close to the uni like a 2 minute walk, they showed me a 'show flat' so one that had been set up nicely which put me off a little bit as i didn't get to see what the actual rooms look like once they've been lived in but I've heard that others have really liked it and booked it. Its about £110/£115 a week depending on how many weeks you book. The location is a bit too busy for me as it is right in the city centre but that's what some people are looking for.

I went to see The Glasshouse too which i really liked, it's further away about a 8 minute walk i guess but still not bad. The room i saw was quite nice, big window and floor boards. I saw the ensuite 4 bedroom flat which it what i'd want to stay in :smile: they have a gym next to it and an Aldi joined to it which is handy too. It's £120 for an ensuite room.

I want to see IQ and Russell View as well but it's just finding the time to go back to Nottingham. How far away do you live? :smile:
Reply 753
I went to see Trinity square on Saturday. It was really close to the uni like a 2 minute walk, they showed me a 'show flat' so one that had been set up nicely which put me off a little bit as i didn't get to see what the actual rooms look like once they've been lived in but I've heard that others have really liked it and booked it. Its about £110/£115 a week depending on how many weeks you book. The location is a bit too busy for me as it is right in the city centre but that's what some people are looking for.

I went to see The Glasshouse too which i really liked, it's further away about a 8 minute walk i guess but still not bad. The room i saw was quite nice, big window and floor boards. I saw the ensuite 4 bedroom flat which it what i'd want to stay in :smile: they have a gym next to it and an Aldi joined to it which is handy too. It's £120 for an ensuite room.

I want to see IQ and Russell View as well but it's just finding the time to go back to Nottingham. How far away do you live? :smile:

Thank you so much & I've been looking into Russell View and I really like it, I think I'm going to go for private it's definitely worth it! I live in Milton Keynes which is about a 2 hours drive. What about you?:smile:
Original post by haj26
Thank you so much & I've been looking into Russell View and I really like it, I think I'm going to go for private it's definitely worth it! I live in Milton Keynes which is about a 2 hours drive. What about you?:smile:

Yeah it seems really nice! Are you thinking of booking a viewing? I might try and book one for this weekend depending on whether my mum or dad can come with me. Ah, I live in Doncaster doubt anyone has heard of it! It's about an hour/ an hour and a half away depending on who's driving haha :smile:
Reply 755
Yeah it seems really nice! Are you thinking of booking a viewing? I might try and book one for this weekend depending on whether my mum or dad can come with me. Ah, I live in Doncaster doubt anyone has heard of it! It's about an hour/ an hour and a half away depending on who's driving haha :smile:

Haha I'm about to start my driving lessons but I don't think I'll be hitting the roads in time to see the accommodation. I have heard of Doncaster lol I think Milton Keynes is the unknown city tbh. If you do go would you mind taking some pictures and maybe uploading them on here?:smile: I would really like to see real life photos that haven't been touched up to seem perfect like those on the website.
Original post by haj26
Haha I'm about to start my driving lessons but I don't think I'll be hitting the roads in time to see the accommodation. I have heard of Doncaster lol I think Milton Keynes is the unknown city tbh. If you do go would you mind taking some pictures and maybe uploading them on here?:smile: I would really like to see real life photos that haven't been touched up to seem perfect like those on the website.

Ooh good luck with the driving :smile: my driving test is in a few weeks ahh! but i doubt i'll be getting a car :frown: I'll try to haha although i don't know if i'd be allowed as the rooms will have people things in them and stuff. I'll definitely have a good look and let you know the difference from the pictures. I hope they do weekend viewings!
Reply 757
Ooh good luck with the driving :smile: my driving test is in a few weeks ahh! but i doubt i'll be getting a car :frown: I'll try to haha although i don't know if i'd be allowed as the rooms will have people things in them and stuff. I'll definitely have a good look and let you know the difference from the pictures. I hope they do weekend viewings!

Thank you, good luck to you too!!:smile: Haha that's true but do what you can & I'll look forward to the descriptions I guess:biggrin: I just hope that I'm able to get an all-girls flat otherwise there's no way my parents will let me go to uni:frown:
Original post by haj26
Thank you, good luck to you too!!:smile: Haha that's true but do what you can & I'll look forward to the descriptions I guess:biggrin: I just hope that I'm able to get an all-girls flat otherwise there's no way my parents will let me go to uni:frown:

Thank you! :smile: ah, i know what it's like but at the places I've been they've been really helpful and say that they would be able to sort out same sex flats. Hope they'll be able to at Russell View, I haven't even heard back from one Uni so i can't firm NTU yet never mind sorting out student finance I just hope that all the good places aren't fully booked by the time i get around to booking:s-smilie:
Reply 759
Original post by rasele888
Im applying to do Business Management and Marketing :smile: what are you guys applying to do? have you been to an open day? Offers?

i've applied for business managment and economics but i might switch to HR:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending