The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

OMG Arsenal twitter has lit up with fury!
Original post by Peggles_*
Require an extension when you have 2 months to get the deals done, Embarrassing stuff,

This deal is defined by the falcao situation so we can't really complain about that.

What we can complain about is why we haven't sorted this out earlier with different options.

1m more and we could have had Mandzukic, bet Zurich is crying into a beer somewhere in Islington.
Apparently Welbeck can play as a CB and DM as well, according to my sources.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

According to my sources, Cesc Fabregas will sign for Arsenal
Reply 7764
Require an extension when you have 2 months to get the deals done, Embarrassing stuff,

If Welbeck's deal only happened because United got Falcao, then no, these deals couldn't have just happened months ago.
Original post by leinad2012
What's the last positive thing you've said about AFC? Never actually heard you say anything positive just moaning over and over again...smh not a real fan tbh

Was quite positive when we beat Besiktas but after that I have seen no reason to do so. Can you?

More of a real fan than you, you clearly don't mind finish 4th every season. I on the other hand actually want to win something and know we will not do that this season. This is isn't like last season where the situations at other teams was up in the air, they have moved further away and we've barely moved. One step forward two steps back.

I'm not even that negative, I'm just telling you how it is.
(edited 9 years ago)

Your sources are Arsene Wenger?
Original post by Pete_91
This deal is defined by the falcao situation so we can't really complain about that.

What we can complain about is why we haven't sorted this out earlier with different options.

1m more and we could have had Mandzukic, bet Zurich is crying into a beer somewhere in Islington.

Very trolley dash, the Arsenal way I guess.
Can confirm I am Prodigy's source
We're ****ed.
When you consider that Welbeck cost around the same as Mandzukic would have cost, then you know we've really ****ed up.
Reply 7771
Ross McCormack doesn't look a bad buy at 11m now. We did just pay 16m for a championship striker.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
According to my sources, Cesc Fabregas will sign for Arsenal

Cool man thanks.

Original post by Fernand126
Your sources are Arsene Wenger?

No. My source is one of the most reliable in Fantasyland. In fact he received the prestigious "Banter d'or" award last year. Dass right, it's Manchesterunited15.

Original post by manchesterunited15
Can confirm I am Prodigy's source

Can confirm.
Was quite positive when we beat Besiktas but after that I have seen no reason to do so. Can you?

More of a real fan than you, you clearly don't mind finish 4th every season. I on the other hand actually want to win something and know we will not do that this season. This is isn't like last season where the situations at other teams was up in the air, they have moved further away and we've barely moved. One step forward two steps back.

Glad you were positive after that, final 15 minutes showed why Sanchez will be great for us no matter where he plays, real fire to complete.

A REAL fan gets behind the team instead of moaning after every point thats dropped or transfer target isn't got. I don't want 4th, I want Arsenal to win the premier league, the UCL, but I'm also realistic and would rather we spent WITHIN our means and had stability, rather than do a Leeds and end up in the championship by ridiculously overspending and getting into debt, which we would do if we signed half the player you want.

Liverpool haven't moved ahead, neither has Everton really, Chelsea has but they do every year and an injury to Costa will leave them in trouble. City are also worse this season and united will take time to gel.

I'm not happy we only signed Welbeck, but panic buying isn't the answer, I'd after we waited til Jan to get someone great than panic buy now
Thing is, we've had all the transfer window to sort the positions out. But we had to do a last minute trolley dash for some reason...
Cool man thanks.

No. My source is one of the most reliable in Fantasyland. In fact he received the prestigious "Banter d'or" award last year. Dass right, it's Manchesterunited15.

Can confirm.

In that case I'm actually looking forward to seeing the skills that Welback will bring to the team in his multi-positional role.
Original post by Fernand126
In that case I'm actually looking forward to seeing the skills that Welback will bring to the team in his multi-positional role.

Yeah mate no problem that's what I do init.
Wenger will turn Welbeck into a beast - watch this space.
Our attack looks better than last season. More goals and pace in our forward line, especially with Walcott back too. Campbell on the bench is a great option to have too.

Wilshere will have to step up this season for our midfield to be able to compete with the big boys. Will be interesting to see what formation we use now. Hope we go back to 4-2-3-1 against the smaller teams but the 4-1-4-1 could be a good shout against the better teams. More bodies on midfield to protect the defence and not leave Arteta too exposed given his lack of pace. Obviously this is only in theory, Wenger will have to address our tactical approach to those big games for it to work in practice.

We are one or two injuries away from a complete disaster in defence.
now we've got a ****ty international break too, at least it means our injured players get back for city. knowing our luck though more will be sidelined by then than there is now.

Latest