Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Think I saw it else where too can't remember now though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The Mirror I believe. Those are the only two reporting it. Also Vermaelen wants out, sick of sitting on the bench, MUFC are said to be 'monitoring' the situation.

Rather than *****ing and moaning about not playing, maybe show the manager that you deserve to be playing in training!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    We've been linked with Rodrigo Caio a DM, who plays for São Paulo. Don't know too much about him, but some reports he's the 'next big thing' :rolleyes:
    Always dubious about signing Brazilian players. The only sides that seem to get the proper players are from Portugal/Spain/Russia/Ukraine.

We just end up with Denilson

What an absolutely shocking player Denilson was btw

ReputationRep:
    Man, seeing RVP playing that is a shame man, a real damn shame he did not wait around. Iscariot.

ReputationRep:
    The Mirror I believe. Those are the only two reporting it. Also Vermaelen wants out, sick of sitting on the bench, MUFC are said to be 'monitoring' the situation.

Rather than *****ing and moaning about not playing, maybe show the manager that you deserve to be playing in training!!
    Vermaelen is one of those players id be happy to sell tbh

Don't think he's good cover as a CB especially if one of Mertiscelny gets injured

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Vermaelen is one of those players id be happy to sell tbh

Don't think he's good cover as a CB especially if one of Mertiscelny gets injured

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But if he goes we'll need 2 CBs. We were fortunate last season that Per or Kos weren't out for months, we may not be so lucky next season.

ReputationRep:
    But if he goes we'll need 2 CBs. We were fortunate last season that Per or Kos weren't out for months, we may not be so lucky next season.
    I'd sign a new CB anyway and if Merte and kosc both get injured at the same time then you know it's some karma voodoo **** holding us back

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just buy caulker and a young cb don't know who though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Our boy Campbell is playing today right? Will be interesting to see how he pans out especially since Uruguay aren't a small team.

Does he come back from loan this summer ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Allegedly, Cazorla wants out

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/13/santi-...nsfer-4761039/

It's the Metro though, so huge pinch of salt is required!!
    Same paper that said Fabregas to arsenal is almost a done deal lol, so I wouldn't panic

ReputationRep:
    Currently it seems like were in for 3 strikers :

Morata : Price rumoured to be around 24m which I think is a rip tbh

Bony : Asking price of 20m and Agent has stated he wants to play for one of the top 6. Id say a better buy than Morata by far yet cheaper at the same time and proven

Ballotelli : Our said bid is to be around 20m but personally id be quite excited to see this happen. He's still young and I think he can sort out his temperament issues

Shocked we haven't made any moves for Mandzukic yet we should be all over him! I know we should be waiting until July but I'll just be done if we don't get any of the 4 listed above as we let them move else where

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Currently it seems like were in for 3 strikers :

Morata : Price rumoured to be around 24m which I think is a rip tbh

Bony : Asking price of 20m and Agent has stated he wants to play for one of the top 6. Id say a better buy than Morata by far yet cheaper at the same time and proven

Ballotelli : Our said bid is to be around 20m but personally id be quite excited to see this happen. He's still young and I think he can sort out his temperament issues

Shocked we haven't made any moves for Mandzukic yet we should be all over him! I know we should be waiting until July but I'll just be done if we don't get any of the 4 listed above as we let them move else where

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wouldn't mind Morata, but Real Madrid want to insert a buy back clause **** that. Bony has had a good season, but £20M is way too steep, we could probably get Balotelli for that. Hmm I'm not sure about Mândzukic, but he strikes me as another Giroud but I'd welcome him nonetheless. Yeah he can finish and head, but I like my strikers to be a bit more mobile. He doesn't look like the type of guy that runs behind defences.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    I wouldn't mind Morata, but Real Madrid want to insert a buy back clause **** that. Bony has had a good season, but £20M is way too steep, we could probably get Balotelli for that. Hmm I'm not sure about Mândzukic, but he strikes me as another Giroud but I'd welcome him nonetheless. Yeah he can finish and head, but I like my strikers to be a bit more mobile. He doesn't look like the type of guy that runs behind defences.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think 24m for Morata is without the clause

Nothing bad in another version of Giroud if the ability of that player is by far superior plus I think Girioud might have a sick cup then boss it next season (probably not)

Bony is a good buy just not hyped up by the media and plays for Swansea.

Remy Bony and Lukaku have had very similar stats this season

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You know who would have been the perfect replacement for Cazorla?!.....

Nevermind
    Who? Can't think of the guy who would be a perfect replacement for Cazorla.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Who? Can't think of the guy who would be a perfect replacement for Cazorla.
    I personally think Griezeman would be better for us over Cazorla

Different type of players though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Fabregas probably would have been the perfect replacement lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trrr)
    Fabregas probably would have been the perfect replacement lol.
    Captain obvious in the building

ReputationRep:
    Cazorla and Fabregas are very very different players

ReputationRep:
    Can we move on from Fabregas

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Like Madrid actually need a clause. I'd say Balotelli, he got the quality, and developing player is supposed to be Wenger's strong point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Cazorla and Fabregas are very very different players
    Yeah, one actually turns up while the other one is anonymous majority of the time.

Still think Fabregas is not good enough to base a whole system round if you're trying to challenge for trophies though. Can see why Barca didn't make him the main man in midfield. Hopefully he's not a fish outta water but I see him getting on with Mourinho if Chelsea do well. But since I don't see us winning the title looks like Fab will be complaining in private to his Madrid compatriots about his bad loan stint next season.
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Can we move on from Fabregas

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What do you think his FIFA rating will be. I reckon it would have gone down if he went to Arsenal, reckon it'll be around 84 and Costa at 85 but if he went to Arsenal would be at 83.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.