The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
MeAndBubbles
hahah, where did you read that? maybe 4 dead over a red light, who give a *** about a red light at 3.30. Police were probably at the roundabout lieing in wait.

So who cares if they did? People have to be stopped if they do wrong, thats the point of the police. If the police never stopped a red light skipper, everyone would skip red lights. Also the point that it was at 3.30 only adds to the argument that they should have been stopped and pursued. It is much more likely that alcohol or something more sinister was to blame at that time in the morning
tom//
now, i dont actually know what a syllabus is :biggrin: is it OCR? the new course i think it is :wink:

hmm yeah, i was thinking about chester uni of law, maybe manchester met :yep:

im the same to be honest, i lack self-motivation

well you don't need to think about it until you at least get your AS grades. I assume your talking about the 4 unit? you should be doing either Judicial precedent, stattutory interpretation, EU law, delegated legislation

OR

Solicitors and barristers, the judiciary, juries, magistrates, civil procedures, criminal procedures, alternative dispute resolution, legal aid, police powers etc etc
Reply 62
The_Goose
well you don't need to think about it until you at least get your AS grades. I assume your talking about the 4 unit? you should be doing either Judicial precedent, stattutory interpretation, EU law, delegated legislation

OR

Solicitors and barristers, the judiciary, juries, magistrates, civil procedures, criminal procedures, alternative dispute resolution, legal aid, police powers etc etc

the second one :wink: were doing ADR now, so boring
I still can't find any reference to this in the news :?
tom//
the second one :wink: were doing ADR now, so boring

ADR is the easiest topic on that unit, you'll be thankful of it. Your school is teaching the course the wrong way around though, which is unfortunate. You should do unit 2 (80 marks) in January then unit 1 (120 marks) in June. Even OCR has said this. Because you have 3.5 months sept- jan exams but you have at least 4.5 from jan- june exams. If you need anyhelp with the AS give me a shout
Reply 65
The_Goose
ADR is the easiest topic on that unit, you'll be thankful of it. Your school is teaching the course the wrong way around though, which is unfortunate. You should do unit 2 (80 marks) in January then unit 1 (120 marks) in June. Even OCR has said this. Because you have 3.5 months sept- jan exams but you have at least 4.5 from jan- june exams. If you need anyhelp with the AS give me a shout

thank you so much :biggrin:

i love you :lovehug:
ok, a prayer? in a few days
Reply 67
The car in pursuit failed to stop. Which as always leads to the officer pursuing. This is only done after around 16 risk assessments are done and a trained pursuit officer gets permission from the control room to engage in a pursuit.
The people in the car could have been anything from known drug dealers to average joes. But the breaking of the law (traffic lights) leads to a failure to stop, which probably lead to a dangerous driving and/or driving without due care and attention. The people in the car could have been up to other things prior and/or wanted by the police.
The right course of action was taken but obviously something went wrong and such incident occurred. However with the number of pursuits that go on each year there is bound to be some mistake (on the police or suspects side).

Reply 68
Terryw
The car in pursuit failed to stop. Which as always leads to the officer pursuing. This is only done after around 16 risk assessments are done and a trained pursuit officer gets permission from the control room to engage in a pursuit.
The people in the car could have been anything from known drug dealers to average joes. But the breaking of the law (traffic lights) leads to a failure to stop, which probably lead to a dangerous driving and/or driving without due care and attention. The people in the car could have been up to other things prior and/or wanted by the police.
The right course of action was taken but obviously something went wrong and such incident occurred. However with the number of pursuits that go on each year there is bound to be some mistake (on the police or suspects side).

:ditto:
Terryw

who knows what tactics the police used, whether the police spooked them... i'm in favour of low profile policing, not getting Saturday night revellers who want to get home quickly who skip a light at 3.30am.
Reply 70
MeAndBubbles
who knows what tactics the police used, whether the police spooked them... i'm in favour of low profile policing, not getting Saturday night revellers who want to get home quickly who skip a light at 3.30am.

Said "revellers" may have been drug dealers out in the clubs dealing, they may have been drunk and caused a crash them selves. Taking a step back at looking at the big picture they could have been anyone and its standard police procedure to pursue.
Reply 71
bad boys bad boys, what you gona do what you gona do when they come for you!!
Reply 72
MeAndBubbles

spooked them? This low level policing will destroy city centers .... unfortunately not everyone goes to clubbing or whatever to have fun, some go to fight, have you never seen any documentry's showing the immense hard work of the cops to reduce violence. Your defence of the criminals is shocking and not of substance. Oh and watch police intercerptors on channel five on fridays at 8pm and see the true police. Heroes all of them unlike your drunken bandits
Reply 73
Juggy123
bad boys bad boys, what you gona do what you gona do when they come for you!!

Hopefullly not crash and burn :no:
Reply 74
Fact is people died in the car and the level of support is nastily low.

Think of the fact that we DON'T know who was in those cars. Whether good bad or indifferent, they were humans.

There are ways and ways of doing things, and chasing a bunch of young people in a car seems a bit odd. Obviously I don't know the whole story, but what I do know is that it lead to the death of lots of people. We do not know if those people would have killed someone else, we don't know if they would have become the next hitler or next saint. The fact is they are dead and we can show some respect for them.

P.s Does it not strike you guys as funny how quickly they ended the investigation?
level_red

Think of the fact that we DON'T know who was in those cars. Whether good bad or indifferent, they were humans.

There are ways and ways of doing things, and chasing a bunch of young people in a car seems a bit odd. Obviously I don't know the whole story, but what I do know is that it lead to the death of lots of people. We do not know if those people would have killed someone else, we don't know if they would have become the next hitler or next saint. The fact is they are dead and we can show some respect for them.

P.s Does it not strike you guys as funny how quickly they ended the investigation?

Pulling over a car that had just broken a law is procedure. Pursuing said car if it fails to pull over is also police procedure.

And we still haven't seen a link to any news story about this.
AWZC
Link? How did a red light lead to deaths?

car jumped red light - lack of observation by driver no.1

police car close enough to see - lack of observation no.2 by driver

driver failed to stop = muppet of the first order

it descends from there - failing to stop is an active choice to break the law

'bandit' vehicles create the situation of a pursuit
Reply 79
level_red

Im reacting to the OP's suggestion that the cops are worse than the gestapo, its a shame they died but they were driving dangerously and if they had killed someone then the story on here would have massively different.

No im not suprised it ended quickly, The officers must have been working rounD the clock and dont most cop cars have cameras and there's sometimes a helicopter up there as well.

Latest

Trending

Trending