The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I never wanted kids till I met my boyfriend. I look forward to the day I'm lucky enough to make him a father, but I know that day is many years away. Right now I enjoy nights just the two of us, and dancing and drinking and going away on trips-all the things you'll have to give up.
Not that I know of, thankfully.
Happy with my cat thanks!! She's enough of a baby for me.
In the next five years I would like to be married and have children
Reply 64
Maybe in like 7 years when I'm 25 I'd like to start having kids.
e-m-i-l-y
Fabulous, more people should be surrounded by people like me who think that having a child young is irresponsible and immature because you don't have the life experience or the finacial capacity to support it adequately.

I would if I may, like to take back the word 'hate', it's sometimes hard to not hate the haters, but if I do I am one hey. :wink: It makes me so sad, to think how many people you've discouraged, made feel like they were inadequate. I know you're only doing it because some one made you feel that way. But break the chain, spread courage, not fear, hope, not discouragement, confidence & assurance instead of uncertainty & apprehension & you'll find yourself surrounded by people who say go for it when you want to take a huge leap. Cuz let's face it, walking a tight rope is hard enough, doing it with 50 people telling you it's impossible & getting in your way, is a whole lot harder than doing it with some one holding your hand.
Everyone has their whole life's experience, & 40 years of it is as likely as 12 to produce a loving parent. "Financial capacity" is an illusion, yeah I wish I could buy each of my kids a Lamborghini. In the end though it doesn't matter how poor or rich the person is, the baby has an equal chance of growing up happy. Again, because of people like you, some one out there is feeling ashamed to be poor. To be a single father, or mother working a minimum wage job barely making ends meet.
As I said, I regret saying hate, & do indeed wish you success in life. I hope your world isn't forever filled with fear, & anger. I hope you smile today, find love, peace & happiness.
gumshoe

She is repulsive.
I for one am definitely not going to have kids before the age of 24/25 BUT I loveee kids to bits and absolutely love the thought of having my own even though i'm still in college lol.

They're the most adorable things ever! :biggrin:
Responsibility will be ALOT yep but the little one - when I have one will be worth the sacrifice. :smile:

But yeah, would love children right now but just not ready for the responsibility. Wanna finish my uni studies and then get married and have kids hehe.
Reply 68
joecool6969
Man I hate negative people. She does have plans she aspires towards:::: HAVING A BABY, can't see that having a baby would make a mess of those plans....
And 12 years old or 40, havin' a baby doesn't make a mess of anyone's life. I know plenty of each that did wonderfully and horribly, the people that made it were surrounded by wonderful positive people, and the people that didn't were surrounded by people like you.

the great irony of this is the fact you might yourself be 12 with a username like yours. Yeah m8 im cool i learned what 69 is. Sit down Joe.
Reply 69
not untill im like 28ish.
Reply 70
I want a baby too!!!
They're so cute, just want a little dumplin to always look up to me and call me 'mummy' with those big shiny eyes n chubby cheeks awwwwwwwwww!!!!
joecool6969

As I said, I regret saying hate, & do indeed wish you success in life. I hope your world isn't forever filled with fear, & anger. I hope you smile today, find love, peace & happiness.

Please don't patronise me.
And don't make assumptions about me just because i think its rediculous for ANYONE to have a child young when they have no means to support themselves.
Reply 72
xwardax
I want a baby too!!!
They're so cute, just want a little dumplin to always look up to me and call me 'mummy' with those big shiny eyes n chubby cheeks awwwwwwwwww!!!!

You're overlooking the continuous attention you have to give it, the way it deprives you of sleep and the general chaos they cause. It's not all just 'mummy' and pretty smiles.
denty5
i reallly wanna be a mother. i know people say you should wait till your like 27 or w/e and enjoy your freedom but i feel like im doing nothing exciting in my so called freedom. you have a cute little kid dependant on you with a special bond. it gives you someinth to live for.

anyone else constantly broody?
sometimes I yearn for it a bit, but recently I've tried to look behind that desire: really I want stable affection and children are not the only, or even the ideal source of that, although they are the ideal recipient - nothing will need your love like a child. The ideal source is of course your partner.

edit: perhaps its more the case that I see kids as being the context in which I will have that stable affection.

also I agree that having kids (or the situation of kids) is making the most out of our freedom.
Reply 74
Davezk
You're overlooking the continuous attention you have to give it, the way it deprives you of sleep and the general chaos they cause. It's not all just 'mummy' and pretty smiles.

Trust me the 'mummy' and pretty smiles outweigh everything else and didnt we deprive our mums of their sleep and cause chaos...they still seem to love us more than anything and don't regret having us
Reply 75
xwardax
Trust me the 'mummy' and pretty smiles outweigh everything else and didnt we deprive our mums of their sleep and cause chaos...they still seem to love us more than anything and don't regret having us

You sound so naive. All I'm saying is that having a kid is a lot of work and a lot of people think of babies as cute, it being more of a novelty thing but without actually being able to comprehend how much work caring for one involves, often neglect the kid.
xwardax
I want a baby too!!!

Mmm, lots of sick, poo, wee, sleepless nights, demanding attention every minute of every day.
Plus when they grow up they aren't cute. 11/12 year old children are absolutly the worst.
Seriously, some people need to get a reality check.
I would like to be a father in the not too distant future (18 months or so?)
Well yeah I wanna do my bit for the population as the population is predicted to decline in the next few decades. :yep: I preferably want a huge family (I'm talking 10+ kids...would be able to start my own family football team..ahhhh :cool:).

I'll just have to find a quiet, obedient girl. The girls nowadays tend to be too career focused :blah: and most don't want girls too early. Unless they're really horny..
Reply 79
Absolutely not. I can't imagine having a child anytime soon, it would be my worst nightmare.

I do know a girl that, and I quote is 'Working hard to get into Bristol so she can marry a rich husband and become a mummy' She wasn't joking either, she was being 100% serious.

Latest

Trending

Trending