Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got an unconditional for Mech Eng Bachelors and an alternative of one A in physics for Masters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moinoi)
    Got an unconditional for Mech Eng Bachelors and an alternative of one A in physics for Masters
    C:clap2:ongrats

ReputationRep:
    Anybody looking at accommodation yet? So far I'm looking at Newark Hall but I'm also considering self-catered accommodation such as Raleigh Park.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys... I have a small query.
    I'm an international applicant for the Economics and International Economics course (L160.) The University requirements for international students is either an AAA or AABB(if taken 4 A2s) I've taken 4 A2s
    My school does two full subjects in the first year and another two in the second year. I've gotten an AB in Pure Math and Physics respectively and I'm currently doing Economics and Accounting. I've received an offer of AA which is higher than the typical offer of just another AB.
    I was keen on making Nottingham my insurance but now the offer is the same as my preferred firm. Is this an error and should I send the University an email asking for a clarification?

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for BA Sociology, firmed it as soon as I found out

ReputationRep:
    I just firmed my place for music at Nottingham! I'm very excited to go :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eantonina)
    I just firmed my place for music at Nottingham! I'm very excited to go :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey! I'm music too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jokernaut218)
    I'm an international applicant for the Economics and International Economics course (L160.) The University requirements for international students is either an AAA or AABB(if taken 4 A2s) I've taken 4 A2s
    My school does two full subjects in the first year and another two in the second year. I've gotten an AB in Pure Math and Physics respectively and I'm currently doing Economics and Accounting. I've received an offer of AA which is higher than the typical offer of just another AB.
    I was keen on making Nottingham my insurance but now the offer is the same as my preferred firm. Is this an error and should I send the University an email asking for a clarification?
    You could send them an email I suppose but I'm not sure it would achieve a huge amount :/ unfortunately the uni may have just had more applicants this year and so are raising the entry requirements? I'm not sure how likely they would be to change an offer based on your situation,but it couldn't hurt to send one sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helenb96)
    Hey! I'm music too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi! Do you think you're going to go? What instrument do you play? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jokernaut218)
    Try to contact directly the admission tutor of the department.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teh Smart One)
    Anybody looking at accommodation yet? So far I'm looking at Newark Hall but I'm also considering self-catered accommodation such as Raleigh Park.
    I thought I'd read that you can't choose which halls you live in, only the campus? I'm definitely going with catered though! That's if I choose Nottingham... I'm gonna visit each uni (haven't even visited Nottingham uni yet, just the city itself) and see what feels right, but my gut is saying Notts. :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlaraptor)
    I thought I'd read that you can't choose which halls you live in, only the campus? I'm definitely going with catered though! That's if I choose Nottingham... I'm gonna visit each uni (haven't even visited Nottingham uni yet, just the city itself) and see what feels right, but my gut is saying Notts. :3
    Which are the other options?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trubadur)
    Which are the other options?
    My other uni options? UEA, Sheffield, York and Leeds. York I have an interview for (£60 train journey xD) and Leeds I have an interview for, but the latter is my last choice and I probably will either try to rearrange it or decline it, because it's just over a week after the one in York... and there's no way I can afford that trip twice in that space of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlaraptor)
    My other uni options? UEA, Sheffield, York and Leeds. York I have an interview for (£60 train journey xD) and Leeds I have an interview for, but the latter is my last choice and I probably will either try to rearrange it or decline it, because it's just over a week after the one in York... and there's no way I can afford that trip twice in that space of time.
    Good luck.Be sure to make the best decisions for yourself
    York and Nott are the unis I already got offers for,but final decision is still far away.However we might meet at the freshers

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Do you think you're going to go? What instrument do you play? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well I have unconditionals from Nottingham and Durham (took A-Levels in June) so I'm going to see then both and then decide! I play the cello what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helenb96)
    Well I have unconditionals from Nottingham and Durham (took A-Levels in June) so I'm going to see then both and then decide! I play the cello what about you?
    Cool well done :-) my offer is unconditional too I'm strings as well, violin and viola but I'm doing viola at uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Offer for straight Economics!Got it yesterday!

ReputationRep:
    Cool well done :-) my offer is unconditional too I'm strings as well, violin and viola but I'm doing viola at uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yay! String instruments are the way forward

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trubadur)
    Try to contact directly the admission tutor of the department.
    Good luck
    Ok at the risk of sounding paranoid is it likely that the Uni will withdraw their offer if I ask them regarding the offer?

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna study PhD at this university, and my major is control system.
    Is there anyone give me some pieces of advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.