The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham 2015 Entry?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moinoi
Got an unconditional for Mech Eng Bachelors and an alternative of one A in physics for Masters :biggrin:

C:clap2:ongrats
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Anybody looking at accommodation yet? So far I'm looking at Newark Hall but I'm also considering self-catered accommodation such as [h="1"]Raleigh Park.[/h]
Hey Guys... I have a small query.
I'm an international applicant for the Economics and International Economics course (L160.) The University requirements for international students is either an AAA or AABB(if taken 4 A2s) I've taken 4 A2s
My school does two full subjects in the first year and another two in the second year. I've gotten an AB in Pure Math and Physics respectively and I'm currently doing Economics and Accounting. I've received an offer of AA which is higher than the typical offer of just another AB.
I was keen on making Nottingham my insurance but now the offer is the same as my preferred firm. Is this an error and should I send the University an email asking for a clarification?
Got an offer for BA Sociology, firmed it as soon as I found out:smile:
I just firmed my place for music at Nottingham! I'm very excited to go :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eantonina
I just firmed my place for music at Nottingham! I'm very excited to go :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! I'm music too :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 826
Original post by Jokernaut218
I'm an international applicant for the Economics and International Economics course (L160.) The University requirements for international students is either an AAA or AABB(if taken 4 A2s) I've taken 4 A2s
My school does two full subjects in the first year and another two in the second year. I've gotten an AB in Pure Math and Physics respectively and I'm currently doing Economics and Accounting. I've received an offer of AA which is higher than the typical offer of just another AB.
I was keen on making Nottingham my insurance but now the offer is the same as my preferred firm. Is this an error and should I send the University an email asking for a clarification?

You could send them an email I suppose but I'm not sure it would achieve a huge amount :/ unfortunately the uni may have just had more applicants this year and so are raising the entry requirements? I'm not sure how likely they would be to change an offer based on your situation,but it couldn't hurt to send one :smile: sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by helenb96
Hey! I'm music too :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! Do you think you're going to go? What instrument do you play? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jokernaut218

Try to contact directly the admission tutor of the department.
Good luck
Original post by Teh Smart One
Anybody looking at accommodation yet? So far I'm looking at Newark Hall but I'm also considering self-catered accommodation such as Raleigh Park.

I thought I'd read that you can't choose which halls you live in, only the campus? I'm definitely going with catered though! That's if I choose Nottingham... I'm gonna visit each uni (haven't even visited Nottingham uni yet, just the city itself) and see what feels right, but my gut is saying Notts. :3
Original post by carlaraptor
I thought I'd read that you can't choose which halls you live in, only the campus? I'm definitely going with catered though! That's if I choose Nottingham... I'm gonna visit each uni (haven't even visited Nottingham uni yet, just the city itself) and see what feels right, but my gut is saying Notts. :3

Which are the other options?
Original post by trubadur
Which are the other options?

My other uni options? UEA, Sheffield, York and Leeds. York I have an interview for (£60 train journey xD) and Leeds I have an interview for, but the latter is my last choice and I probably will either try to rearrange it or decline it, because it's just over a week after the one in York... and there's no way I can afford that trip twice in that space of time. :s-smilie:
Original post by carlaraptor
My other uni options? UEA, Sheffield, York and Leeds. York I have an interview for (£60 train journey xD) and Leeds I have an interview for, but the latter is my last choice and I probably will either try to rearrange it or decline it, because it's just over a week after the one in York... and there's no way I can afford that trip twice in that space of time. :s-smilie:

Good luck.Be sure to make the best decisions for yourself:smile:
York and Nott are the unis I already got offers for,but final decision is still far away:wink:.However we might meet at the freshers:smile:
Hi! Do you think you're going to go? What instrument do you play? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I have unconditionals from Nottingham and Durham (took A-Levels in June) so I'm going to see then both and then decide! :biggrin: I play the cello what about you? :smile:
Original post by helenb96
Well I have unconditionals from Nottingham and Durham (took A-Levels in June) so I'm going to see then both and then decide! :biggrin: I play the cello what about you? :smile:

Cool well done :-) my offer is unconditional too :tongue: I'm strings as well, violin and viola but I'm doing viola at uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
Offer for straight Economics!Got it yesterday!
Cool well done :-) my offer is unconditional too :tongue: I'm strings as well, violin and viola but I'm doing viola at uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay! String instruments are the way forward :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trubadur
Try to contact directly the admission tutor of the department.
Good luck

Ok at the risk of sounding paranoid is it likely that the Uni will withdraw their offer if I ask them regarding the offer?
Reply 838
I'm gonna study PhD at this university, and my major is control system.
Is there anyone give me some pieces of advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done for all who made Nottingham they firm choice, you defo won't regret it :smile:.
If you have any questions concerning accomodation I m happy to answer them all (quote me here or PM me)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending