The Student Room Group

Transferring Universities after Foundation Year

Hi, I'm Shaz
I'm studying Foundation Year Computer Science at Nottingham Trent University, however, I would like to switch universities by the end of the foundation year. I was looking into Uni of Nottingham as a possibility, but my A-Level grades are far off the requirements for the Computer Science course. If I smash the foundation year and get roughly 85%+, would it be possible to get into University of Nottingham with lower A-Level grades?
There is no way to guarantee it and it would be entirely up to the university you are applying to first year entry for. Foundation years are not designed to be "transferable" and are not by themselves a qualification, so it's really entirely up to the new uni/course to decide if they will accept it.

For posterity, the consistent advice year on year is that you should never start a course you don't intend to see through to the end - and the foundation year is part of the full degree programme.
As above, all you can do is send Notts the syllabus of the FY and see if it's one they'll consider.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending