Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big Pec Hec)
    I thought that they wouldn't but someone else on the thread said it was quite likely to come up because it hasn't come up in a while and that it is a good poem
    They won't repeat a poem from the year before 99.5%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avocado2002)
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that initially AQA had selected some poems that would only feature on the foundation tier paper, but this year those poems may also come up on the higher tier paper.

This makes much more sense to me, because whilst it remains obvious that the poems that have not yet featured in any exam papers are much more likely to come up, AQA have not previously said that they do not repeat poems, therefore there would be no need for them to highlight that all of the poems have an equal chance of appearing in the exam paper.
    What AQA is saying is be prepared for everything and anything, we can do whatever we want mwahahaha. Don't make strong assumptions

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they'll do the wild swans at coole which you could compare with the blackbird of glanmore
    (Original post by andyman1006)
    They won't repeat a poem from the year before 99.5%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theD0N)
    I have no idea how to breathe
    In through the nose out through the mouth

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what poems are likely to come up for the place cluster?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah apparently the price we pay for the sun is foundation
    (Original post by kxylah)
    I've heard some people say that some poems are for foundation and some are for higher, however i didn't know about place, since my teacher never mentioned it, what poems do you think will come up tmrw since all the other ones are done.

ReputationRep:
    My opinions for the conflict cluster

Flag <--> At The Border (nationalism/theme)
    Charge of the Light Brigade <--> Out of the Blue (memorial for media covered national disasters)
    Mametz Wood <--> Futility (Pointlessness of life, war and death/theme)
    Yellow Palm --> Falling Leaves (imagery)
    Falling Leaves <--> Poppies (imagery, similar tone)
    Right Word <-->Belfast Confetti (point of view in the middle of action)
    Hawk Roosting --> next to of course god america i (narrator and theme)
    next to of course god america i --> Right Word (opposite is nearly every way, finding words vs rushing a speech)
    Come on Come Back -->Mametz Wood (links to nature)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swagmister)
    Yeah apparently the price we pay for the sun is foundation
    All poems can be for any tier as of 2015, official from AQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swagmister)
    Does anyone know what poems are likely to come up for the place cluster?
    My prediction would be 'a vision' because I don't think that it has ever come up at maybe Wild Swans at Coole.

ReputationRep:
    Conflict predictions:

How are ideas about politics presented in next to of course god america i and one other poem?
    How are ideas about patriotism presented in Flag and one other poem?
    How are attitudes to war presented in The Falling Leaves/Futility and one other poem?
    How is the theme of identity presented in Flag and one other poem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lewistaylor99)
    Just had a question where it said 'how does the poet use language to.....' does this mean that if I talk about the structure I won't get any marks?
    I saw this too but my teacher just said that we should still talk about imagery, language, structure etc... but try to link it all to language in some way. Also, most things you say will talk about language for example during imagery you tend to pick out a key word which you analyse. Hope this wasn't confusing x

ReputationRep:
    How can i revise unseen poetry? im a little confused

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know predictions for character and voice?

ReputationRep:
    How much time should you spend on each section?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rtdsv)
    Are they hinting that they will come up or are they using reverse psychology so that we end up revising for them and then they don't even come up :?
    I don't even know anymore lost the will to think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamrid)
    Anyone know predictions for character and voice?
    1. Ruined maid
    1 Give
    1 Brendon Gallacher
    2 My Last Duchess
    2 Medusa
    3 Clown Punk
    3 Hunchback
    4 Checking out me history
    4 Ozymandias
    5 Singh Song
    5 Horse Whisperer
    6 River God
    6 Case History: Alison
    7 On the portrait of a deaf man
    7 Les Grand seigneurs

All poems labelled 1 are poems that were just added this year to the spec. Most likely to be a 1 or 2 poem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyman1006)
    What AQA is saying is be prepared for everything and anything, we can do whatever we want mwahahaha. Don't make strong assumptions
    yeah they repeated Parris in the Crucible even though he came up in 2011 (or 2012 idk)

ReputationRep:
    Am i taking a risk if i dont revise: Les Grands Seigneurs, The Ruined Maid and My Last Duchess??

I'm too tired to care any more? Had so many exams this week and late late nights.

I might go to bed early and get up really early to revise rather than sleep late??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amaterasu_)
    1. Ruined maid
    1 Give
    1 Brendon Gallacher
    2 My Last Duchess
    2 Medusa
    3 Clown Punk
    3 Hunchback
    4 Checking out me history
    4 Ozymandias
    5 Singh Song
    5 Horse Whisperer
    6 River God
    6 Case History: Alison
    7 On the portrait of a deaf man
    7 Les Grand seigneurs

All poems labelled 1 are poems that were just added this year to the spec. Most likely to be a 1 or 2 poem
    I agree with most of this. Not sure about give though, would have thought BG was more likely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hot&Spicy)
    Am i taking a risk if i dont revise: Les Grands Seigneurs, The Ruined Maid and My Last Duchess??

I'm too tired to care any more? Had so many exams this week and late late nights.

I might go to bed early and get up really early to revise rather than sleep late??
    Seriously Doubt we will get less grands seigneurs, MLD is a possibility and the ruined maid has a high chance if coming up, so you should revise in this order if you really can't be bothered don't worry I know how you feel.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.