The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
You do well in the big games and Chelsea have a poor record against you at the Bridge.

A high scoring draw, on paper at least, seems nailed on. Just hope it's an entertaining game!

True, we tend to do well in big games but this is a completely different manager and a new test.

Yeah it'll almost certainly be a great game, it's just a real shame without Firmino because he always finds himself in the perfect place to finish, whereas Coutinho is too busy taking shots from 30 yards.
Hmm was surprised with no Firmino but if it's an injury/illness then I guess not tactic. Leas that solved the Coutinho/Sturridge question.

I do wonder if Mane should play on the left? Could be running into that gap between Ivanovic and Cahill to cause havoc. Azpi is the good defender in there..

I imagine Matic and Kante will try to block us in the middle.
Please stop Chelsea counting on you guys!
1-0 Lovren.
Lovren mate what are you doing opening the scoring at Chelsea away 😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
2-0 Henderson what a goal.
what a goal
Bit quiet, where all the regulars at.
Oh my days. What a goal. Henderson and Lovren scoring, what is going on?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Jesus Christ Henderson, where did that come from?

Not gonna lie, Chelsea have been poor at the back. In particular, they have panicked so much and a poor clearance was the reason Henderson got the chance to score an outstanding goal.

We aren't too good at keeping leads though, so this game is not over.
As with any games at 2-0, the next goal is huge.
Henderson silenced his critics with that goal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its been a desrved lead. Liverpool doing what man city did to manu in the derby. Totally dominate lol.

If chelsea get a lucky goal its game on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What a half! I think we've bossed that half. Scored 2 quality goals but also had more possession, passes, more of the ball played in Chelsea's half etc.

Just need to keep working hard since Chelsea are one of the few teams who could pull it back.

I'm very pleased with Henderson. Gets a lot of flank from some Liverpool fans but starting to show why Klopp has faith in him.

Wouldn't change anything but Conte will so we just need to be wary.
here we go.....Liverpool bottling it yet again :facepalm2:
well done Liverpool! Stopped Contes party :biggrin:
Wins against Chelsea and Arsenal, Draw against Spurs all away, but Burnley loss. Watch us lose next week v Hull.
I'm well happy with that :biggrin:

A big concern that barring Burton we've not kept a clean sheet yet this season.
Original post by mr tim
Wins against Chelsea and Arsenal, Draw against Spurs all away, but Burnley loss. Watch us lose next week v Hull.

Thought that was it when they scored. Know what you mean hull scare me a lot more!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not sure how we are going to stop conceding goals out of nowhere but fantastic win. The test will be against Hull, we failed against Burnley so we have to put things right for next week otherwise its just the same old story.

Latest