The Student Room Group

People get paid by their parents for doing well?!

Scroll to see replies

Never will never have
Reply 81
If I didn't get 100% it was a failure.... Man did I fail

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
If I didn't get 100% it was a failure.... Man did I fail

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you didn't get 100%?:eek: wow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Original post by Matrix123
If you didn't get 100%?:eek: wow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it's called having a dick for a dad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Yeah, it's called having a dick for a dad

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awww :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TuppenceB
Congrats on getting the £50! Yes, it is normally in June or January but I had an option to sit it earlier as a private candidate. My GCSEs are in May :smile:
I'm guessing you've sat all yours already though!

Thank you, I was pretty pleased :tongue: to be fair I only needed to get a B! Yeah I'm doing my ASs right now, which I'm finding so much more interesting than GCSEs were! Good luck with your GCSEs, I hope they go well!:smile:
Original post by Christie_xx
Thank you, I was pretty pleased :tongue: to be fair I only needed to get a B! Yeah I'm doing my ASs right now, which I'm finding so much more interesting than GCSEs were! Good luck with your GCSEs, I hope they go well!:smile:

Thanks and same for your AS :wink:
I got cards from family and presents from my parents for doing well on results day. I guess if the parents can afford it £50 would motivate someone to do well lmao
Reply 89
I get an iMac if i average all A-A*'s xD
I go to a private school so it's very common here. I'll probs get that too but I'll feel bad they're already spending loads
Reply 91
Most girls in my school were offered £50 for every A/A* they got, and even demanded more. Some threw a hissy fit at their parents for not giving them as much as their friend's parent offered to their children.

This attitude got much worse during yr12.
Original post by mkap
My grandma said she would give me £1000 if i got AAB at alevel. i didnt though

Your face tells me that you're very pissed off about that loool
Original post by Ishan_2000
I recently found out that some people in my school actually receive money for every A* they get in their GCSEs. One person was saying that they will receive £50 for every A* OR A they achieve in their GCSEs!

Is this common? Will any of you get paid for doing well in your GCSEs, or did you get paid for your GCSE results?

One of my friends got £850 for getting 1 A*, 2 As, 5 Bs and 3 Cs in his GCSEs.
He also got £500 for getting CDDE in his AS.

I got far better than him and I didn't even get a well done hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Parents are offering me £100 for each A*/A that I get...Have feeling I'll probably not even reach their expectations lool
Worse being an Asian and all..-.-
Reply 95
I got £500 for 5 A's. But incentives work, its scientifically proven.
lol, my mum never could have afforded to give me money for my grades.
I have a reward system, where I get something like £7 for one A*, £15 for two, £30 for three etc.

I think it's a good idea, as long as it doesn't get out of hand - people who've worked really hard can then treat themselves and relax for a bit.
Original post by Tasty Apple
I have a reward system, where I get something like £7 for one A*, £15 for two, £30 for three etc.

I think it's a good idea, as long as it doesn't get out of hand - people who've worked really hard can then treat themselves and relax for a bit.

Nicely put :u:

Quick Reply

Latest