The Student Room Group

Leaving home

I what to get kicked out this house for good as I hate it here very much
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Benanddustin

Why do you hate it there so much? Where would you go?
Are you working and earning a regular monthly income with enough savings to pay to rent a room or studio? :confused:
Do you have some friends or relations willing to allow you to share their accomodation if you suddenly get kicked out?
Can you afford to pay for a hotel or b&b and storage for all of your belongings that you cannot carry with you when you leave?

Remember that there are plenty of young uk citizens in need of stable accomodation but unable to obtain any.
Primarily due to very long council waiting lists resulting in many having to sofa surf between friend's homes, sleep in their offices or be shunted between hostels filled with jailbirds & noisy drunks several times a week.
Long after having registered with their local councils as homeless individuals seeking accomodation, with large numbers based in the South of England claiming to have been desperately waiting to be allocated some medium to long term accomodation for many weeks or even months.
Some childless, pet-free and healthy single people without any criminal convictions or a smoking habit insist that they have waited more than 2 years to be allocated some stable accomodation by their local council.
Reply 3
stay with my girlfriend if I have to I just don't like people mooning at me at all im over 18 now I can do what I want now
stay with my girlfriend if I have to I just don't like people mooning at me at all im over 18 now I can do what I want now

Well, you can't do anything you want. There are national laws which govern peoples behaviour (you can't murder someone, even if it's "want I want now"). Equally, there may be laws put in place by you local council which prevent you turning the garden shed into living accommodation, for example. And (can you see where this is going?), if you live in your parents' house, they are entitled to define some rules.

If you don't like those rules, or them "moaning at" you (I really hope "mooning" was a typo! :eek:) then you can, as you say, move out. Money will presumably be tight, and both you and your girlfriend will need to make some adjustments.

What confuses me a little is that you started this thread with "I what to get kicked out this house" (suggesting you don't want to leave voluntarily - you want your parents to ask you to leave) and in this post you say you'll stay with your girlfriend "if I have to". Again, that suggests that you're not really that thrilled with the idea of having to leave. Have I got that right?

Are you parents really that difficult to live with? Don't all parents moan at their kids from time to time?
Reply 5
I know that I'm not a murder I would never do something like that
Reply 6

lol
Reply 7
If you want to leave, make a plan. Job, knowing how much things cost and how to budget. Save for a deposit if you want to rent. If you do plan to live with girlfriend, make sure you have a reliable source of income. because she wont want you freeloading off her.
Reply 8
I will what doze freeloading to my gf mean if I what to live with her
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by londonmyst
Are you working and earning a regular monthly income with enough savings to pay to rent a room or studio? :confused:
Do you have some friends or relations willing to allow you to share their accomodation if you suddenly get kicked out?
Can you afford to pay for a hotel or b&b and storage for all of your belongings that you cannot carry with you when you leave?

Remember that there are plenty of young uk citizens in need of stable accomodation but unable to obtain any.
Primarily due to very long council waiting lists resulting in many having to sofa surf between friend's homes, sleep in their offices or be shunted between hostels filled with jailbirds & noisy drunks several times a week.
Long after having registered with their local councils as homeless individuals seeking accomodation, with large numbers based in the South of England claiming to have been desperately waiting to be allocated some medium to long term accomodation for many weeks or even months.
Some childless, pet-free and healthy single people without any criminal convictions or a smoking habit insist that they have waited more than 2 years to be allocated some stable accomodation by their local council.

It only took me 2 months but I wasn't picky with the property as I'm a single person
Reply 10
Well I don't have a paid Job only volunteer job
Reply 11
I what to run away from home I can't take it anymore here what should I do
I what to run away from home I can't take it anymore here what should I do

I thought the plan was to stay with your girlfriend? Has that option not worked out?
Reply 13
Not yet and she's got alot going on
Not yet and she's got alot going on

OK. You said before that you have an unpaid (volunteering) job. Have you considered trying to secure a paying job, which would allow you (once you'd saved a little) to pay for rent, bills, food, etc.?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending