The Student Room Group

(Edexcel) B1 17th May

Scroll to see replies

Any suggestions on grade boundaries
Original post by Charlss
does anyone know the answer on how the brain controls temperature of the body

the hypothalamus in the brain controls thermoregulation because it has receptors that are sensitive to the temperature of the blood flowing through it
Original post by gcsestudent3856
Haha You were right! The Nitrogen cycle was a six marker! You must have aced that then?

I was jumping for joy when i saw the question
Original post by kayapirie
the hypothalamus in the brain controls thermoregulation because it has receptors that are sensitive to the temperature of the blood flowing through it

Yeah thats what i said, it also has receptors on the skin which transfers nerve impulses to the brain and CNS where the brain can control the temperature by homeostasis via negative feedback
what did people put for the healthy man/untreated type 2 diabetic question?? x
Original post by chrlhyms
Yeah thats what i said, it also has receptors on the skin which transfers nerve impulses to the brain and CNS where the brain can control the temperature by homeostasis via negative feedback

yeah that sounds right
Reply 86
what did people put for the healthy man/untreated type 2 diabetic question?? x

i wrote how type 2 diabetes means that the persons body is naturally resistant to insulin so therefore glycogen levels would decrease as insulin would not be able to convert the glucose into glycogen
So, glucose levels increase but glycogen levels are lower
Original post by arunrana
i wrote how type 2 diabetes means that the persons body is naturally resistant to insulin so therefore glycogen levels would decrease as insulin would not be able to convert the glucose into glycogen
So, glucose levels increase but glycogen levels are lower

ahh phew yeah thats pretty much what i put- thanks!
also ik this is a biology thread, but i'm guessing most of you have chemistry on thursday; any predictions??
My spelling was not very good on that exam so will i get questions wrong u can clearly tell what i meant like i spelled the name for the mosquito wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Original post by chrlhyms

I wrote about hyperthermalus and negative feedback but I didn't mention receptors 😬
Reply 91
ahh phew yeah thats pretty much what i put- thanks!

Thank God that's what I put too
Reply 92
I put roots instead of shoots when talking about auxin - like, "the root tip", etc. Will I lose marks for this?! I'm a complete idiot :/
Original post by Bsjsjs
I put roots instead of shoots when talking about auxin - like, "the root tip", etc. Will I lose marks for this?! I'm a complete idiot :/

You won't lose marks per say, but you probably won't get them. For talking about auxins and cell elongation you should still get marks though, just not full marks.
i only mentioned hypothalamus and how it can detect it how much marks?
Anyone gonna be nice enough to make an unofficial mark scheme with the questions <3
Original post by wayezkhan
i only mentioned hypothalamus and how it can detect it how much marks?

Thats what i wrote as well
How did everyone find the C1 exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Original post by BV235
Don'

t worry I triple checked BTW you seem good at this prediction stuff what do u think is going to come up on C1 paper

I quadruple checked myself and I got 50%
I need your help in the exam i wrote beneath the question but still in the big box which has all the questions in it. Will it not be read now as i though it was still in the big box

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending