Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else wanting to move country? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DW4)
    Would they pay me if I already have a passport? I was born there so my Hebrew's not bad. I'm actually going to be there on my gap year (in sem)! Haha I don't think the IDF is for me plus they don't pay well. Thanks for your reply!!
    I have no idea on the specific for citizens coming back, but I imagine there'll be some sort of reintroduction program. The government is very eager to attract more Jews to the country.

I don't recommend IDF on the basis of long-term employment, just to gain skills that help with getting a good job after you're done
    (I think it's 7 years of not living in Israel for citizens to gain exemption for national service?)

ReputationRep:
    No ****ing way! Britain's the BEST!!!!!!

But if I had to move I'd go to the US.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TelAviv)
    I have no idea on the specific for citizens coming back, but I imagine there'll be some sort of reintroduction program. The government is very eager to attract more Jews to the country.

I don't recommend IDF on the basis of long-term employment, just to gain skills that help with getting a good job after you're done
    (I think it's 7 years of not living in Israel for citizens to gain exemption for national service?)
    Cool! Yeah I just don't see myself going to the IDF at all... I've been living in England for much longer than that!

ReputationRep:
    Id probably stay. Pretty surprised that brexit is a reason people want to leave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    >Germany (or/including Austria, depending on your view).
    >France is full of French people, so that's off the list.
    In that case, is Germany full of Germans now? :laugh:Might want to rethink your decision.

(Original post by fr0sr_)
    In that case, is Germany full of Germans now? :laugh:Might want to rethink your decision.
    The refugees would have to be pretty desperate if they wanted to sexually assault me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    The refugees would have to be pretty desperate if they wanted to sexually assault me
    You'd be surprised, they'd assault anything with an orifice. * Would you honestly want to move somewhere with such a problem with mass migration? I don't think I could contain my anger if I saw them to be honest.

(Original post by fr0sr_)
    You'd be surprised, they'd assault anything with an orifice. * Would you honestly want to move somewhere with such a problem with mass migration? I don't think I could contain my anger if I saw them to be honest.
    I would help the Germans overcome their madness. Besides, they're all going back after things calm down in Syria.

Right?

ReputationRep:
    Canada (British Columbia or Alberta) - The diverse nature, the sports (hockey), the cities, sane politics compared to the US...a lot of things. The only city in BC with a significant IT/tech sector is Vancouver (an amazing city) though they have notoriously low wages which do not financially compensate for the high cost of living (on par with London and Hong Kong). The other province would be Alberta, most likely in Calgary as it is so close to the Canadian Rockies which are incredibly picturesque. There's a decline in jobs there at the moment (oil prices) but hopefully that shouldn't be an issue in 5 years.

I would also consider the Yukon if there were any jobs in my field and the weather doesn't dip below -30 regularly in winter...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.