The Official Cambridge Offer Holders Thread 2016 Entry MK II

University Navigation

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Well.
    Missed my a level offer and step offer definately.
    Pretty impressive though, get an offer twice and miss it twice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They will still take you lad.

Do V&M with me now, stop feeling sorry for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Its pretty impressive to get an offer twice - I imagine there's a reason they thought it was worth giving you another go, e.g. Hungary Camp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Its pretty impressive to get an offer twice - I imagine there's a reason they thought it was worth giving you another go, e.g. Hungary Camp
    I didn't go to Hungary Camp.
    I went Trinity Camp, and that was after my offer lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    They will still take you lad.

Do V&M with me now, stop feeling sorry for yourself.
    How was your prom fam ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duke Glacia)
    How was your prom fam ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Prom is on 11th July. Gonna plow hard that day innit.

ReputationRep:
    Well, he was given an offer last year, I would be surprised if Cambridge rejects someone for applying with 1,1,3 lol.

Well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No don't think that way

ReputationRep:
    Well, he was given an offer last year, I would be surprised if Cambridge rejects someone for applying with 1,1,3 lol.
    I suppose it depends on whether they see it as a lucky 1 in STEP II, or an unlucky 3 in STEP III

ReputationRep:
    I suppose it depends on whether they see it as a lucky 1 in STEP II, or an unlucky 3 in STEP III
    It's a 1, 1, 3. Not a 1, 3. i.e: the evidence is in favour of STEP III being a bad day given that STEP I and STEP II were 1's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    It's a 1, 1, 3. Not a 1, 3. i.e: the evidence is in favour of STEP III being a bad day given that STEP I and STEP II were 1's.
    I thought STEP I was meant to be a lot easier than II and III; i.e. a medium 1 in STEP I is equivalent to less than a 1 in STEP II or III, which might be interpreted as evidence against III being a bad day

ReputationRep:
    I thought STEP I was meant to be a lot easier than II and III; i.e. a medium 1 in STEP I is equivalent to less than a 1 in STEP II or III, which might be interpreted as evidence against III being a bad day
    No, not really. Most people tend to do the same on STEP I and II.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    No, not really. Most people tend to do the same on STEP I and II.
    Apparently not zacin. I asked ATS about this and he and he said that not many people who take SII/SIII take S1 but from the data they have students tend to get a grade lower in S2 than in S1

But idk, which is easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    No don't think that way
    Na I have definately got A*A*A*B or A*A*AB in A levels and mostnlikely high 1,1 maybe S,1 in any order if lucky hell I could get SS but its unlikely. Atleast I know I am a few marks off SS which 'should' get me in but being on a gapy year n stuff n not getting SS is pretty **** tbh.
    Hoping bmo2 will help, dos said it will help alot.
    My college last year let in people people with 2,2 1,3 1,2 etc so hopefully I should be ok.
    Pretty pleased I might get A* in Physics, If I do, I will feel like I deserve a place on the IPhO team.

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone talking bout last years results? Lol
    I have bot got 1,3 this year hopefully. I have minimum 1,1 in II n III.
    Tbh for me i always do the same in I n II did better in II last year and I have done better in II this year aswell.

ReputationRep:
    What. The. Hell.

George R.R Martin is a genius. Just finished watching Season 6 Episode 5 "The Door". I am shocked.

ReputationRep:
    What. The. Hell.

George R.R Martin is a genius. Just finished watching Season 6 Episode 5 "The Door". I am shocked.
    Shhhhh...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Shhhhh...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am not gonna spoil anything, but I have never been so shocked after an episode of GoT. I am extremely impressed with GRRM's writing, I guess I should read the books at some point.

Gonna do some more maths, and then continuing to binge watch Season 6. I can't believe how good it is.

ReputationRep:
    What. The. Hell.

Y u watching tv. Ur losing precious tripos IA time.

ReputationRep:
    Y u watching tv. Ur losing precious tripos IA time.
    Just making sure I chill/relax during summer and not burn out from maths.

I still manage 5+ hours of maths a day, which is more than you will ever do, old chap.

ReputationRep:
    Just making sure I chill/relax during summer and not burn out from maths.

I still manage 5+ hours of maths a day, which is more than you will ever do, old chap.
    True I will never do that, only if I get into Camvridge will I ever do that.
    Atleast I know it wasn't lack of 'talent' for not getting in and was just my laziness for not learning 5 maths modules until june/may.
    I hope you fail your gcse's lol.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.