The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sulfur
The page with A,B,C,D tests came to 6 marks
Then there was a page after it worth 2 marks (naming salts)

What was your answer for the naming salt question?
Reply 1181
Original post by romaiseb
What was your answer for the naming salt question?

Sodium chloride, NaCl
Sodium sulphate, Na2SO4
Reply 1182
Original post by Sulfur
Sodium chloride, NaCl
Sodium sulphate, Na2SO4

where did it say sodium was involved
Reply 1183
Original post by iodqwm
where did it say sodium was involved

Hydrochloric acid and Sulphuric acid reacts with sodium hydroxide.
Original post by Sulfur
Sodium chloride, NaCl
Sodium sulphate, Na2SO4

:yep: what did you put for the copper catalyst question?
Reply 1185
Original post by lyricalvibe
:yep: what did you put for the copper catalyst question?

Catalysts don't change/aren't affected by the reaction
Catalysts speed up the rate of reaction
Catalysts can be reused
React copper with the halogens and see if the rate increases
Original post by Sulfur
Catalysts can be reused

I put try the reaction with and without a catalyst to measure the rate of reaction, using a mass balance. Catalysts speed up the rate of reaction.
Is this right?
Reply 1187
Original post by cupcakes16
I put try the reaction with and without a catalyst to measure the rate of reaction, using a mass balance. Catalysts speed up the rate of reaction.
Is this right?

Looks like it :smile:
Original post by olmyster911
I had no idea what to write for copper one so I blabbed on about jobs, the economy and pollution from excess mining xD

What did you get for that question?

BC AD I I think :/ I forgot the question :/ I seem to be the only one, but I'm thinking A couldn't have been a similarity as it was talking about oH and the word SEE was highlighted, I think B was hydrogen forming and that would be seen by bubbles I think as it was dilute solutions ( I really don't remember the question so this may be Be :s ) for c as a similar because they both made a white precipitate for the same reaction and D they one made a precipitate while the other didn't react, that was the hardest question on the paper because of the vagueness and how prone to error it is, I spent at least 5 mins on it and it's still the question I have doubts on in the paper :/

what did you put and why?
Lol, I don't think as well as I thought looking at these answers. Gonna have to ace C7 now..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sulfur
Catalysts can be reused

I said your 2 and 4th point, I also said something about having 2 experiments, one with catalyst and one without to see an increase in rate of reaction :smile:
What state did you put the question with the chloride and sulphate salts?
Reply 1191
Original post by ToLiveInADream
Lol, I don't think as well as I thought looking at these answers. Gonna have to ace C7 now..

Posted from TSR Mobile

same:frown:
it's that abcd question that really bugs me!
Reply 1192
I said your 2 and 4th point, I also said something about having 2 experiments, one with catalyst and one without to see an increase in rate of reaction :smile:
What state did you put the question with the chloride and sulphate salts?

The last question? I'm pretty sure it didn't ask for a state since it just wanted the name and formula for two marks...? :confused:
Original post by ToLiveInADream

Posted from TSR Mobile

Their seems to be some conflict over questions so hopefully low grade boundaries :smile: I haven't even looked at C7 yet :frown:
Reply 1194
BC AD I I think :/ I forgot the question :/ I seem to be the only one, but I'm thinking A couldn't have been a similarity as it was talking about oH and the word SEE was highlighted, I think B was hydrogen forming and that would be seen by bubbles I think as it was dilute solutions ( I really don't remember the question so this may be Be :s ) for c as a similar because they both made a white precipitate for the same reaction and D they one made a precipitate while the other didn't react, that was the hardest question on the paper because of the vagueness and how prone to error it is, I spent at least 5 mins on it and it's still the question I have doubts on in the paper :/

what did you put and why?

for d you could've said the same thing with c.
and what was the reason for A being different?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sulfur
The last question? I'm pretty sure it didn't ask for a state since it just wanted the name and formula for two marks...? :confused:

No not the last one! :smile: I think I remember one of the central questions asking for it but I may be mistaken
Reply 1196
No not the last one! :smile: I think I remember one of the central questions asking for it but I may be mistaken

I'm pretty sure there weren't one as I always check after my mock! :tongue: I'll ask tomorrow though and see if you had to and if you did what others put, sorry I'm of no help there! I know for the copper one you didn't have to write symbols though :smile:
Their seems to be some conflict over questions so hopefully low grade boundaries :smile: I haven't even looked at C7 yet :frown:

I think there will be low grade boundaries :smile:
Original post by iodqwm
for d you could've said the same thing with c.
and what was the reason for A being diffterent?

D I'm pretty certain with c the front table said a white precipitate was formed while for d one of them wasn't't mentioned on the table so I figured it didn't react to form an insoluble compound which is why I said it was different and for C two white precipitate were formed
He used a ph meter which is accurate so they'd have different pHs is what I said of which now sounds like bs -_-I justified it in my head thinking hydrogen chloride is one of the most acidic but now I realise sulfuric acid is quite acidic as well -_-

I concede, I got this wrong :tongue:
Reply 1199
D I'm pretty certain with c the front table said a white precipitate was formed while for d one of them wasn't't mentioned on the table so I figured it didn't react to form an insoluble compound which is why I said it was different and for C two white precipitate were formed
He used a ph meter which is accurate so they'd have different pHs is what I said of which now sounds like bs -_-I justified it in my head thinking hydrogen chloride is one of the most acidic but now I realise sulfuric acid is quite acidic as well -_-

I concede, I got this wrong :tongue:

I may being an idiot here but I don't understand - do you think C and D should be similar and A and B different?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending