SQA Results Day 2013 - Discussion Watch

KeeKeeDee
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Still waiting on my results, this is hell!
Johnm75
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
Yep, probably!
Awesome :bban:
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by NinetyOne)
So in actual fact I got a C in history it would look like. My whole class did. Which is really strange as me and my mate were practically ready to get A's for it. It doesn't make any sense. Seeing as the whole class got c's would this be grounds for appeal if I got a B in the prelim?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you got a B in the prelim then you're probably eligible for an appeal so it's worth a go.

(Original post by AmisThysia)
Just curious... can anyone know how you can find out your banding? Maybe I'm just being blind, as I only just woke up and got my results, but I'm just not seeing anything indicating whether I got the upper or lower band (1 or 2 for A, 3 or 4 for B, etc.) for each result, only the letter grade.
You'll need to ask your teachers/your school. Don't bother asking the SQA, they shouldn't tell you.
mysqa
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Here are a few words from SQA Chief Executive Janet Brown http://youtu.be/dTKQ092nvSE
BigChimp
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
ABBBC

Posted from TSR Mobile
JamessLad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lala4)
Oh wow that's really good! I will find out how i did in my extended essay when i go back but i am definitely going to make them let me continue the course. I won't let them stand in my way haha! Congrats on that A though. I only sat Int 2 English though.. and got a B although i am sitting higher this year. I am praying they let me do it.:crossedf: I am willing to work very hard and try to get a good grade
I'm sure they'll let you do it. English is definitely not essential to do well as what you write in history does not have to be expressed very skilfully but just clearly. If the worst comes just get a parent or alternative to speak to senior management and they'll most likely just "ok it" rather than waste their time discussing the matter.
Hype en Ecosse
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Adykonvict1)

And would a B at advanced higher equate to an A at higher
I'm afraid no such equation exists! I hear this kind of thing all the time. When I was at school, we were told that a D at AH was equivalent to an A at Higher, on TSR I've heard that a C at AH equates to an A at Higher, as well as the B thing. There's no universal equation that exists! I've certainly not found anything to suggest such a thing.

Congrats, mate!
UserUnavailable
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just a note to anyone wanting to appeal their English result; I'd contact your school and try get a breakdown of your mark first. If it was your folio rather than exam that brought your grade down then it'll most likely be far more difficult to get a successful appeal
Bonzo10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Silence_Will_Fal)
hey guys, quick question.

my brother got his results and he exceed his firm offer therefore allowing him to be eligible for adjustment. my question is this - when can he sign up for adjustment ? is when the a-level results come out? or can he do it now?

Thanks
This.
deedee123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
I'm afraid no such equation exists! I hear this kind of thing all the time. When I was at school, we were told that a D at AH was equivalent to an A at Higher, on TSR I've heard that a C at AH equates to an A at Higher, as well as the B thing. There's no universal equation that exists! I've certainly not found anything to suggest such a thing.

Congrats, mate!
I think it depends on the course, some consider a C at AH equivalent to a an A at higher, others consider a B at AH equivalent to an A at higher.
Hype en Ecosse
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bonzo10)
This.
Answer here.

Adjustment goes live on A-level results day - 15th of August, and then from that point you've got 5 days to make an Adjustment choice. I'm not sure if he can register now in advance - there'll be a button on Track if he can - but if not, then he'll have to wait until the 15th!
The fact that you're asking instead of registering tells me that the button isn't up yet, and so you won't be able to do it until the 15th.
evalilyXOX
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by UserUnavailable)
Just a note to anyone wanting to appeal their English result; I'd contact your school and try get a breakdown of your mark first. If it was your folio rather than exam that brought your grade down then it'll most likely be far more difficult to get a successful appeal
are the overall marks for higher english weaker than last year ?
NinetyOne
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ok so just talked to the guidance team at my college and they said they would set up the appeal but it wouldn't be fast tracked. How long would I need to wait to get a result?
Nessie162
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
AAABB BB in Chemistry and Biology

Do you think I could resit higher Chem if I'm sitting Adv this year?
I know the exams are technically at the same time, but I really need this A at higher for uni
And Hopefully I'll get an appeal from Bio.

I just needed 69% for an A in Bio... This is so embarrassing
EllieSaysHeya
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
So in actual fact I got a C in history it would look like. My whole class did. Which is really strange as me and my mate were practically ready to get A's for it. It doesn't make any sense. Seeing as the whole class got c's would this be grounds for appeal if I got a B in the prelim?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is that AH or Higher? I was predicted an A at AH and only got a C :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
JimmyGatz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Which uni's can I get into with:
Higher Biology - A
Higher Maths - B
Higher English - B
Higher Physics - B
Higher Pe - B
I haven't even looked into uni's because I was expecting C's and D's

Posted from TSR Mobile
rossmack12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, just to check. Has anyone here also sat Higher history?. On your certificate does it give you a breakdown of what you gained for each section. Have still not received my certificate to check, however after being predicted an A i got a C (Made my conditions). However whilst I was not bothered to begin with my lecturer for Modern studies informed me no member of the class received over a C. Considering I had received A's for every graded piece of work throughout the entire year I'm convinced some type of anomaly has taken place.
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Ok so just talked to the guidance team at my college and they said they would set up the appeal but it wouldn't be fast tracked. How long would I need to wait to get a result?
Check out our appeals thread. What's the appeal for again?

(Original post by JimmyGatz)
Which uni's can I get into with:
Higher Biology - A
Higher Maths - B
Higher English - B
Higher Physics - B
Higher Pe - B
I haven't even looked into uni's because I was expecting C's and D's

Posted from TSR Mobile
What subject? Check universities you'd be interested in going to and see if you meet their requirements. You could get an offer from most Scottish universities with those grades :yep:
LionKing1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What's better AAAA or AAABD ?
akc
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My results still haven't come yet its past 1 now. I'm worried

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (55)
98.21%
No (1)
1.79%

Watched Threads