The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

kyle_y
I visited Montague Burton at the open day last year and really liked it. There's no common room or anything but they do have a barbeque area outside, but I doubt that's ever used. It's about a 5 minute uphill walk from MB to the Parkinson steps and further down the hill by about a minute is Leodis Residences. I think it's also about a ten or 15 minute walk to the city centre.

i heard the rooms in montague burton are freaking small! is that true??
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 121
octoberprincess
i heard the rooms in montague burton are freaking small! is that true??

I can't remember it that clearly but I think they rooms were an okay size, a bit smaller than the various other ones I've seen at other universities and I think the rooms were smaller than Leodis too.
Reply 122
jellebabie
Hey, Leeds is my firm unconditional choice to start in Sep 2010 (History & Philosophy of Science with Politics). I originally put Clarence Dock as my accommodation choice but then changed it to Leodis because of the distance from campus; even though it looks like a really nice place to stay!
All Leeds accomm seems a little pricey for what it is, unless you're willing to live in a dive!

Yay! finally found someone that's chosen leodis :smile: there doesn't seem to be many around...
I haven't filled in the form yet but i'll probably put leodis not james baillie :yep:
I'm coming from Australia for a study abroad semester at Leeds this September! Still haven't got a clue which accommodation I'm going to apply for though :s-smilie:
maggie_888
I'm coming from Australia for a study abroad semester at Leeds this September! Still haven't got a clue which accommodation I'm going to apply for though :s-smilie:

What kind of enviroment are you looking for?
I got an offer for Dentistry and am thinking about applying to Opal 3 :o:
Firmed my offer for English lit and Theatre studies, applied to James Baillie Park for accomodation :smile:
Ludwig Wittgenstein
What kind of enviroment are you looking for?

I'm thinking somewhere sociable and close to the uni..any thoughts?
maggie_888
I'm thinking somewhere sociable and close to the uni..any thoughts?

Catered or self catered?
Henry Price is on campus - self catered. Hopefully I'll be there so it'll be a blast :wink:
You can't really go wrong to be honest with most of the places with the exception of Leodis. It has a rep for being full of internationals and therefore not quite as sociable. Whether there is any truth in this is debatable.
haha thanks for the info..i think i am going to opt for catered..I've narrowed it down to either Henry Price, James Bailie, Lupton or Montague Burton lol so i still have plenty of thinking to do
maggie_888
haha thanks for the info..i think i am going to opt for catered..I've narrowed it down to either Henry Price, James Bailie, Lupton or Montague Burton lol so i still have plenty of thinking to do

did you mean self-catered? All the places you listed there are self-catered, not catered. :colone:
oh lol oops i meant self-catered
Applied for Arabic and Middle Eastern Studies and chosen Oxley as my accommodation. (Providing I get the results and all that jazz...) Bring on September!
Reply 133
Hey, is anyone applying to North Hill Court? It wasn't the best but certainly not the worst for the money - just thinking about the £16 a week i'd be saving to go on alcohol or clothes... (or books...)

And I'll be doing Law. Anybody else? :smile:
Hi, I'm coming to Leeds to study German and IR...I'm dead excited and can't wait!
Leeds is my firm and insurance for geog and maths and geog-geol.
Reallly like the look of Clarence Dock, has parking, ensuite, a bar and close to city centre :biggrin:
I'm from Doncaster so not too far from home either :biggrin:
Anyone applied for North Hill Court or am I alone..?! :P
outlaw-torn
Anyone applied for North Hill Court or am I alone..?! :P

lol looks like your all alone. Why dont you start a thread I am sure you can grab the attention of others who are going to the same place. By the way exactly what is the north hill court is that out of uni accom?
xspookshowbaby
Just firmed my offer from Leeds for English lit & Theatre Studies ^___^
Anyone else out there doing this course? :smile:
I'm so indecisive about accomodation! Definitely want en suite and self catered but I have no idea which one's I prefer =/ the search continues :wink:

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :smile: hopefully..
Reply 139
Applied for Charles .. something halls.

Any scallies on their way to leeds?

Latest